Does Anyone Else Here Collect Guns?

I have the entire new gen python lineup in both 357 and 44 mag.

2 Likes

They match :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gun room at the farm / hunting lodge. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The ATF would like to know where your hunting lodge is :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Hey man I don’t see a single hunting rifle on those racks…

2 Likes

archer-lana

3 Likes

Hahahaha.

2 Likes

Oh I’m sure they already know.

Molan Labe ATF fuck boys.

I have a few close friends that are active / ex SF that stay there often. Hope they don’t come when they are there :eyes:.

1 Like

Anything is a hunting rifle if you are good enough :shushing_face:

1 Like

So I had 5 tax stamps come back today that were E-formed in early January of this year.

Not really the 90 days they promised… I still have 18 pending from Feb - March.

But our favorite friend wants to put the gubment in charge of anything hahaha.

I now know who to turn to if the zombie apocalypse happens.

1 Like

I just ordered the same 4.25" model Colt Python yesterday, breaking my one-gun per year rule for the second time this year in rather spectacular fashion.

I’m glad I’ve been buying nice, not twice. I don’t anticipate any buyers remorse with another one of my bucket list guns, even though it is a different gun than the old Pythons. I really dig the concept that they applied, which was to keep the spirit of the original but apply modern metallurgy and CNC machining to make a really exceptional product that can be sold at a competitive price. The old hand-fitted Pythons are great, but I’d rather have a better gun for half the price that I won’t be hesitant to go out and shoot or hunt with.

There’s a reason we press buttons that make robots go brrrrrr to make machines with moving parts.

3 Likes

The new Pythons have a new trigger setup too that reduces the number of parts but keeps the same crisp feel.

They are beautiful guns and shoot amazingly.

I am admittedly a revolver fanboy for fun / style, but the Colt Python is truly a work of fucntional art.

4 Likes

The fewer total parts compared to the original was a big sell for me. The new Python seems like a modern American manufacturing masterpiece that still honors our grandfathers’ spirit of manufacturing things as well as they could with the methods available to them. We may never get the kind of deep-bluing those guys did ever again, but we also don’t use walrus hide as part of the process, either. It’s the same basic reason why we don’t have whale penis leather interior in our cars anymore.

Thanks a lot, PETA.

This is my fourth handgun and first revolver. I was torn between a Ruger GP100 and Smith and Wesson 686 for years, generally considering a Python to be out-of-reach due to collector-inflated prices. I still ended up spending a lot more than I imagined on a revolver, but now the only remorse I need to contemplate is whether or not I should have went with the 6" version.

I’m very excited to get out and shoot this thing, not to mention fend off a possible bear attack.

3 Likes

I prefer the 6" version, but I bought them all for collection purposes.

Same with the anaconda.

Smith and Wesson are my favorite across the board with varying models.

I can’t stand Ruger revolvers.

1 Like

I’ve been eye balling the new Pythons and Anacondas, but they are far beyond my financial means, for now. However, if/when they come out with the Anaconda in .45 Colt I will be in trouble.

1 Like

I bought the first new Gen one when it came out for $999.

Now they are $1500+

What’s your experience with the Kimber revolvers? I like their style but have had mixed experiences with their semi autos.

Smith and Wesson does make some great looking pieces.

I want a revolver and Marlin 45-70 currently.

Absolutely despise Kimber revolver and Kimber guns in general.

I’ve sold 2 guns I’ve bought my entire life.

1. Smith and Wesson VE - worst trigger in the world - I’d say worse than hipoint.

2. Kimber revolver - absolute dog shit. Feels awful in the hand, shoots like shit, is shit, and it’s expensive shit.

1 Like

Ruger is now making these, and I am a likely buyer of their version of the 336 when it comes out. I also require a .22 lever-action as a go-between to scratch all of the itches that began with my treasured Red Ryder back in the late '80’s.

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/s/leverAction/

1 Like