Does Anyone Else Here Collect Guns?

Very nice work!

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

I ordered the day they opened up the order banks:

Sig Spear LT in 7.62x39 (10.5 inch) and in 556 (16 inch). No word on when they will arrive, but I am stoked.

The Sig MCX Virtus Patrol is one of my favorite rifles currently and the spear LT builds / improves off that same platform.

1 Like

Do you have any experience with the BRN-180 from Brownells? Might grab one of the upper at some point that I can hot swap on my .22 pistol lower. It’d have a very “MCX at home” vibe, haha.

I don’t personally own one, but I have shot one in 300BLK. It has a short stroke gas piston and adjustable gas which is very nice - especially if shooting suppressed.

I’m between the 300 and the shorty 223. Decisions, decisions, haha.

I don’t own a single 300.

Doesn’t perform that much better and mixing 556 and 300 make gun go kaboom.

2 Likes

I’m waiting to pull the trigger (heh) on anything 300 until I shoot my friends build. Just want to experience first hand before making an opinion of my own. From what I understand about it, noise is about the only thing it has going for it over 556.

Edit: But if I do wind up with a 300. I’m 100% getting mags that are a different color than black so I know what’s what haha.

2 Likes

I have been on the edge of getting a .300 blk for a while. In my state I could hunt with a .300 but not a 5.56, which is one advantage. I would use an entirely different brand of mag, maybe even material, to help prevent mix ups. Like PMags for 5.56 and Lancers or even USGI aluminum for .300.

1 Like

That is a plus for hunting. I always hunt with a 7mag so… lol.

Now, the downside of 300 is the cost. It is far more expensive compared to 556.

Yeah even when times are good .300 ammo was easily 50% more, and I like to keep a large stash. Speaking of which, gunbroker is now an awesome place to find deals on bulk ammo.

Most of the places I hunt you can see maybe 50 or 60 yards, so a pistol or SBR seems like a good option.

2 Likes

Go 11.5 inch.

The ballistics for 11.5-14.5 inch barrels are almost identical.

11.5 is the sweet spot and what most true operators and SF guys are using for close to mid range.

300 is really cool if you live in a state where you can run a can and hunt with it. I’m in the east and most deer get shot under 60 yards.

Go to 3:25

1 Like

Picked this up for my daughter this weekend. Have a scope and rings on the way. Already have a suppressor for it. Having it Cera coated pink and purple for her first little rifle.

3 Likes

What is that? I was looking at the cricket for my daughter, but I hate that lock they put on it. It makes sense but I’m almost positive I’ll lose the key at some point.

It is a Savage Youth Rascal with laminate stock. It is about $100 more than the cricket.

Comes with a threaded barrel though.

1 Like

I should have figured from the accutrigger, but everyone has copied it at this point. I’ll have to check it out. Thanks.

1 Like

These from Henry are pretty sweet:

3 Likes

I have wanted one of these since '98

It’s so pretty!

6 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like