T Nation

Does Alcohol Really Mess up Your Lifting

ok so wats the deal with drinking does it really mess ur lifting up

first in epic thread.

What’s with all the trolls as of late?

If you mix your protein powder with booze, your muscle cells soak up the protein way faster. Like a vacuum. That shit will get you hyuuuuuuge.

Brah

PS the booze has to be at least 100 proof so no sissy shit

PPS using grain alcohol with your protein shakes and protein pies means your hardcore as fuck and gives you mad street cred so those clowns out their know you’re legit

Brah

Red wine and pizza is the ultimate dirty bulk.

yes.

awesome

[quote]supabeast wrote:
Red wine and pizza is the ultimate dirty bulk.[/quote]

i guess i didn’t stay on it long enough

nope. you should be fine. just make sure you don’t make any sacrifices for your body composition, or work too hard on building muscle or making this a lifestyle. boozing is a good first step towards that. then, in a matter of days, you should have the physique you’ve always dreamed of (just see the Rate My Physique forum for examples).
dan

Soak your socks in it.

[quote]supabeast wrote:
Red wine and pizza is the ultimate dirty bulk.[/quote]

Ah, the ol’ italian bulk

Worked for all my uncles

[quote]JOEB40 wrote:
ok so wats the deal with drinking does it really mess ur lifting up[/quote]

yes

ok really im confused cause people have givin me both answers seriously i have a long weekend coming up so i cn drink if i want but i dont want to mess up my lifting cause i have been making gains lately and ive also gotten alot faster

[quote]JOEB40 wrote:
ok so wats the deal with drinking does it really mess ur lifting up[/quote]

You’re gonna get a lot of douchebag answers on here because there are a lot of douchebags and keyboard warriors on here. And the amount of them sure as hell aint’ getting smaller. The answer is no. As long as it’s in MODERATION. Don’t go out and kill a 30 pack or a bottle of Jack. That will obviously fuck you up, and in more ways than just fucking up your training.

4 or 5 beers over the course of the night won’t kill you. Hell even a couple captain or jack and diet cokes. Everything in moderation my friend.

Also, I don’t know where it is but there was a really good article on here that was written by someone, I forget who, TC maybe? But it goes into really good detail about drinking and the effects it has on your gains. I’m pretty sure the alcohol itself did really nothing to hinder muscle gains, in fact in moderate, less crazy amounts alcohol actually boosted the metabolism and caused the body to burn more calories. Now that’s not to say you go out and drink a 30 pack, then you have a shit load of empty calories thrown into the mix that will eventually cause weight gain if you aren’t burning them off in the gym.

Point being. Go out and have a night of fun every so often and hit the gym hard on a regular basis. Quit pulling your dick and stressing out about it. Go have some fun and get some pussy will you.

[quote]football061 wrote:
Point being. Go out and have a night of fun every so often and hit the gym hard on a regular basis. Quit pulling your dick and stressing out about it. Go have some fun and get some pussy will you.[/quote]

Amen

k thnx

[quote]kinein wrote:
football061 wrote:
Point being. Go out and have a night of fun every so often and hit the gym hard on a regular basis. Quit pulling your dick and stressing out about it. Go have some fun and get some pussy will you.

Amen[/quote]

X2.If you were forty different story.My next door neighbor plays in the NHL.Now these dudes are elite athletes not mortals like us but let me tell you,these fuckers drink like fish.Train like hell.A while back I was watching a game with his dad and they looked awfull,I asked what was wrong they were on a winning streak at the time.So his dad say’s the rookie party was last night and the whole team was hungover.LOL.And that’s a tuesday night,exhale.Like football061 said,moderation.Good pissup is good for the soul I alway’s say…sip…burp…pussy…snore:)

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
kinein wrote:
football061 wrote:

Amen

X2.If you were forty different story.My next door neighbor plays in the NHL.Now these dudes are elite athletes not mortals like us but let me tell you,these fuckers drink like fish.Train like hell.A while back I was watching a game with his dad and they looked awfull,I asked what was wrong they were on a winning streak at the time.So his dad say’s the rookie party was last night and the whole team was hungover.LOL.And that’s a tuesday night,exhale.Like football061 said,moderation.Good pissup is good for the soul I alway’s say…sip…burp…pussy…snore:) [/quote]

Now there’s a tough sport. I played in highschool and I would definately go out and party with my team, but I rarely ever did that the night before a game. It’s one thing to puke your guts out on the ice during practice but it’s quite another thing to do it during a game.

But to answer your question, come on man. You seem young so go out and have some fun while you still can. Before long you’ll be working every day and you will want to have those memories of college or wherever you are. The good ol days.

yeh just drink in moderation. I’m 19 and have my nights where I drink way too much. I find the next few days after drinking are sometimes counterproductive in that I go to the gym but can only workout for a short period because I feel tired and weak. With being in university i try to make sure the night I drink is on the night before an off day so I have plenty of time to rest.