Dodgin’ Dadbods: Fortitude Training

@simo74

If only we could figure out a way to mainline the protein direct into the bloodstream and targeted muscle cells…

2 Likes

Mate if you can do that please sign me up

1 Like

Not my field but I do have a cousin who is a meathead and Biomedical engineer
:thinking:

2 Likes

Wait, why? Steak is delicious, why would you want to miss the fun bit?

2 Likes

Less time cooking = more time lifting and/or recovering.

1 Like

So I get to train more and eat less delicious food? I hope you’ve got more to this sales pitch.

3 Likes

Mainline to muscles provides the most efficient protein uptake. Therefore you can get bigger/stronger much faster.

Side bonus - you get to update your wardrobe since all your sleeves will undoubtedly start cutting off your circulation shortly.

1 Like

So basically, take the enjoyment out of steak, train more AND spend more time shopping? No thank you

1 Like

This is the fun part.

1 Like

Not for a lot of ppl, as evidenced by a certain thread :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Your market is too small. I’d imagine high production and R&D costs, high start up capital and potnential legal/regulatory issues. Idk if anyone would invest :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy:

Sounds exactly like something I can get Elon Musk to invest in…

2 Likes

He’s too busy trying to build a girthier space dick.

5 Likes

Good point, I’d suggest you change your pitch though: the biohacking route sounds promising and I’m sure there would be more than a few rich tech ppl lining up to try.

nutrients directly into bloodstream → better absorption+ drastically increased efficiency+less waste production
Nothing sexier than bypassing a basic physiological need AND doing it better than nature :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I had something like this once. Straight in through the right subclavian vein.

Unfortunately, as circumstance would have it, I was in no condition to lift at that point.

Must have worked though!

2 Likes

Man, I laughed.

2 Likes

Brother visited for a few days. Hikes, swims, bikes, a sweet upper body workout, awesome BBQ, just overall a great family time.

4 Likes

You seem to be having a lot of quality family time lately :relaxed:

1 Like

Well, lots of immediate family time whenever I can get it, but when my brother/sister/mom comes through, it’s extra special. I’m the only one with kids thus far, so everyone loves to come and do special things with the kids. My dad never ran around with me - I never played catch with him, never played a sport, never hiked anywhere, never did ANY of that stuff, and while we try to carry on his legacy of placing great importance on school performance, we’re all definitely making an effort to place the same emphasis on body as on mind (especially when the two are tied together).

My kids adore my Mom, and when my sister can make it here from across the country they love her, but they practically worship my brother, so it’s always a good time.

7 Likes

Didn’t you say your mom went on a few mile run with you or something a while back? That’s impressive for a somewhat-older (I’m assuming, since you’re a parent) mom to be doing, haha. Good for any kid to see a grandparent doing that stuff.

2 Likes

That’s awesome!

Uncles are the best!

1 Like