Dodgin’ Dadbods: Fortitude Training

This rare.

3 Likes

I’ve been enjoying your steak takes for awhile. That looks like perfection. How does the fat taste?

1 Like

Like butter, but better. Better butter! Just melts in your mouth.

This piece was glorious - half fat, half meat.

4 Likes

Stop making me jealous of your substantial meat. !!

3 Likes

That is a true beauty

I use this as a trick to not share my meat. I love rare to medium rare meats while the rest of my family likes medium rare to medium (sad even likes medium well)

If I order rare, no one asks me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

And if you go to a restaurant with cooks who take pride, you will get the best cuts of steak, because good cooks hate to ruin a good steak by overcooking it!

3 Likes

Hah, my mom is the only one who doesn’t like rare meat. When I was real young, all I knew of steak was that it was meh because she’s British and cooked us the equivalent of a piece of leather, with teriyaki sauce on it. Then she went back over the pond to visit family when I was around 8, and my dad cooked up a rare NY strip, basically black and blue, with nothing but salt and pepper, and I never went back. My mom even likes meat bordering on medium rare these days - once you can get past a little bit of blood (if there’s too much, you didn’t let it rest!) and the color, it’s just objectively better, and also overcooked meat is bad for you, haha.

1 Like

Must…not…shouldn’t…nope…nope…

6 Likes

What did I do this time…

2 Likes

The best way for you to learn is to go back and study the words you wrote, and then imagine the worst possible interpretation of them.

4 Likes

And the words coming from a guy whose mind automatically goes to the gutter…

2 Likes

Is this not most males my age according to you guys?

Fixed it for you!

3 Likes

I’m gonna pull a @T3hPwnisher here, and give a finger to the world while patting myself on my back with my other hand, because I got 97th percentile on my nursing entrance exam, and sometimes when everything you work for comes true not because of luck or happenstance, but because you just put in the work nonstop, you’ve gotta step back and say “Go Me, Fuck Everything”. A couple years ago I decided to jump back into school with not much money on hand, a stressful job with lots of hours and two young kids, and I’ve maintained a 4.0 GPA, getting nearly 100 in every class I’ve taken, and smacked the entrance exam out of the fucking park. A big part of that middle finger is directed towards the part of my brain that told me over and over that I couldn’t do this.

Program starts in January, then a year and a half after that I’ll be at VCU finishing my bachelors and preparing for Nurse Practitioner school.

16 Likes

Well done, man. The work you do in and out of this log is impressive!

1 Like

Hell yeah dude! If anyone has earned the right to that it’s you. You are still the Australian cattle dog in a world of huskies.

1 Like

Well done Flap, so satisfying to see someone work so hard and get a great result. Quality

1 Like

Now that’s something to celebrate! Well done, man!

1 Like

@SvenG @T3hPwnisher @simo74 @OTHSteve

Thanks guys. I’m celebrating with grass-fed, dry-aged NY strip steaks that are just gorgeously marbled, plus a bottle of Champagne with the missus. Went from working overnights AND day shifts in 2 jobs with virtually no sleep for a couple years and having so little money leftover after a couple medical incidents with the kids that I remember having to take coins out of my kid’s piggie bank one night while he slept to have enough $ to get milk the next day, to a supervisory and programming position that I walked up to the plant manager and demanded, that pays enough that we got a house, to deciding I could do better and starting school, to now, and it’s just kind of a mindfuck to remember how tough things were at one point.

For the 99th time in this log - hard work is magic, y’all. It’s not just working hard at what you’re doing - plenty of people do that and still get screwed - sometimes it’s diving in headfirst to something you don’t think you can do that gives you more confidence than walking around doing what you know you can do.

11 Likes

Excellent work my dude.

1 Like