T Nation

Dodgin’ Dadbods: 5/3/1 SVR II

Rain kept up, so no run. Normally I wouldn’t care but having gotten these shoes yesterday I’m really not trying to get them soaked already. Channeled my inner @chonglorduno instead and knocked out 100 burpees. Stopped as needed to wrangle the kids in occasionally but worked up a very nice sweat, as I haven’t done these in a while.

3 Likes

Fucking yyyaasssss

What is going on in here @ChongLordUno is infecting everyone :joy::eyes:

2 Likes

Tell me about it: he’s seriously infectious!

@flappinit - Nice work in here, BTW. I’m going to tag along to see how things progress for you!

3 Likes

Conditioning/Prehab

prowler +90# 20m there, 20m back
20 sit-ups, feet anchored under the prowler
X5

Tibialis raises 50# x20
Seated calf raises 70# x20
X3

Not much time today, got there later than I wanted and the kids club was gonna close. Gonna get that run in later - just a half hour run, seeing how far I get. My complex is a half mile loop with one long hill, and then flat with a quick steep decline right before the hill, so it feels like there’s no easy part, and it’s easy to measure distance. Usually run fast up the hill, steady for the flat, and slower but methodical on the downhill which burns the quads up.

5 Likes

Happy Memorial Day, y’all.

I miss my friends.

Take a second just to think about it all. I’m not going to get on anyone’s case for having a barbecue and enjoying themselves - it’s a difficult holiday to grasp for anyone who’s never played a part, but, just take a second. Look around at friends, at your house, the food, your grill, your children, whatever - and feel grateful. If you don’t have a lot in life right now and are feeling down, find something to be grateful for. I think, more than ‘honoring sacrifices’, fallen heroes would rest easy knowing that people are at least thankful for the things they have as a result of those sacrifices. Then, enjoy yourself. And don’t feel guilty about it.

14 Likes

Whats goin on big guy?

Just saw pics of my one niece down your way doing a 10k with her dog and it reminded me of you & doggy.

1 Like

Hey dude, thanks for checking in! I’ve been hitting swim/run/bike workouts this past week, did another Krypteia workout, and mostly just forgot to log it all.

But most importantly I’m at a cabin with my wife, kids, brother, sister, brother in law, and mom in the Blueridge Mountains, and we did a 6 mile hike with pretty gnarly elevation today with our pup! Super impressed with the boys, them being 4 and 6 (the gathering is for the oldest turning 6), but that’s hilarious that your niece doing a 10K with her dog reminded you of me, since I pretty much did a 10K with the pup today!

4 Likes

This morning - brought 25 and 50# KBs with me - conditioning workout. Our rental is at the bottom of a steep gravel hill.

8 floor to overhead KB presses each arm with the 50, no clean, just one motion, like a viper press, followed immediately a by sprint up the pretty long and steep hill. 5 rounds of that.

Then, with the 25#, a curl transitioning into a press with the left arm, pass it to the right and do the same, pass it back and do 2 of those curl-press combos, then back to the right, up to 10 with no rest or sitting it down.

Then 3 more hill sprints and 150 crunches.

6 Likes

Now that’s a manly conditioning workout my man

On holiday as well

Shit never stops. We need to feed the wolf

1 Like

I’m done with krypteia’s preparatory phase, taking a short break, and then the plan was to start the regular phase, but I’m not gonna lie - 6 months of 5/3/1 later and I’m starting to get seriously bored with it. Bodyweight stuff is starting to catch my eye more (damn you @chonglorduno). Did a fun workout today for the start of my week off from Krypteia.

10 chins
15 push ups
10 chins
15 plyometric pushups
10 chins
15 diamond pushups
10 chins
15 underhand knuckle pushups
10 chins
Max pushups - 26

Cable rows, slow eccentrics
“10” x10
10 pushups
“10” x10
10 diamond pushups
“10” x max - 16, drop to “6” and hit max, somewhere around 15
10 underhand knuckle pushups

Super deep dips
5 wide grip pullups
5 wide grip pullups
7 (failure)
5 wide grip pullups

10 hanging leg raises
10 med ball crunches
X5

10 Likes

Don’t go near the Chonglord he is seriously infectious. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Deadlifts
150x10
10 pullups
240x10
10 pullups
330x10
10 pullups
240x20
8 pullups (failed here)

Close grip cable pulldowns
“8” x10
10 pushups
“10” x10
10 diamond pushups
“12” x10
10 underhand knuckle pushups
“14” x10
max pushups - dunno, like 18

15 lateral raises with 15s
10 pushups
15 lateral raises with 20s
10 pushups
30 lateral raises with 10s
10 pushups

10 hanging leg raisees
10 decline crunches
X3

25 crunches
15 left oblique crunches
15 right oblique crunches
X4

Drenched. No more quick pushups either. Every single pushup is chest to floor, locked out arms at the top, squeezing chest and feeling the whole movement. All pullups are completely dead hang to chin over the bar.

7 Likes

Conditioning

10x25m prowler sprints. Pretty much no rest.

5 mile spin bike ride, as close to 100% as possible the whole time

3x20 nautilus ab crunch @125#, superset with 3x10 hanging leg raises

Not much time today - got this all done quickly and left covered in sweat.

3 Likes

@flappinit mate you need to try this one at some point

It’s brutal. You’ll love it

1 Like

Cable chest flys to warmup, 3 sets at a moderate weight, big ROM, nice pump in chest

Dips with a crazy ROM, haha
3x10 very slow, locking out at top
Superset with 3x10 wide grip pullups

OHP, diamond pushups and chins circuit

Weighted chins and knuckle pushups superset

Bicep preacher dropset on machine

5 miles at a decent pace on spin bike

Basically just lots of stuff, chest is responding nicely to dips and pushups. Tomorrow’s a long swim day.

5 Likes

Didn’t swim today - schoolwork and kids got in the way, but eventually got a 25 mile ride in with a friend (swim gym was closed by that point). Not a crazy long ride, but a LOT of hills and I was hurting. The good news is it’s just leg endurance holding me back, which will come back fast. I’m still able to talk the whole time, so conditioning is fine at the moment. But need to swim tomorrow. That’s where I have 0% muscle endurance problems and 100% of my suffering is not enough oxygen.

3 Likes

I’ve found that my chest has blown up a little with the extra push up and dip work.

More so than with conventional lifting.

No wonder guys come out of prison jacked

1 Like

Got my swim in. 1000 meters, followed by 50 pullups, 150 pushups, and a 5 mile spin bike. Tired.

7 Likes

Took the kids to a sprinkler pad, it’s about 90 degrees and there’s a field right next to the sprinkler pad, about 50 meters wide - didn’t sprint, but just did 1 pushup, ran to the other side, did 2 over there, back, etc. up to 10 and down to 1. Like I said, I wasn’t going balls to the wall with the running, but definitely keeping up a nice pace and was DRENCHED from the activity and heat. Went right in the sprinkler pad and cooled off in the cold water.

6 Likes