Dodgeball and Bicep Pain

[quote]dl- wrote:
Anyways some kids nose got broken today in dodgeball and it was SO funny. Bad. But friggen hilarious.
dl-[/quote]

Was it a direct HEAD SHOT? Give us the details, and be as descriptive as you can.

No need to pity the guy, it’s not like he cracked his head on the floor when he went down and got a concussion or something. You gotta pay attention when you play real dodgeball, or expect to pay. You listening Harris?

O MAN…all you see is one of the football players (post-graduate) he’s 19 years old, like 240lbs. He WHIPS the ball at the guy…and his throw is MIGHTY powerful. The guy has his hands up but the ball went so fast it just squared him in the nose…DEAD ON…he takes like 4 steps back and looks up and his nose is bleeding like mad. We start dying from laughter…he’s in pain lol…sooo good.

dl-

[quote]dl- wrote:
The guy has his hands up but the ball went so fast it just squared him in the nose…DEAD ON…he takes like 4 steps back and looks up and his nose is bleeding like mad. We start dying from laughter…he’s in pain lol…sooo good.
dl-[/quote]
He should have moved his head first thing, not raise his arms, that’s a girl move. He was controlled by fear. That’s what harris would do.

Thanks dl-, we’re playing now.

Yeah that gay move of catching the ball and getting someone out, is well gay. Real men play dodgeball with a ball in each hand. They don’t have any other hands to catch no damn ball.

[quote]HeadShot wrote:
dl- wrote:
Anyways some kids nose got broken today in dodgeball and it was SO funny. Bad. But friggen hilarious.
dl-

Was it a direct HEAD SHOT? Give us the details, and be as descriptive as you can.

No need to pity the guy, it’s not like he cracked his head on the floor when he went down and got a concussion or something. You gotta pay attention when you play real dodgeball, or expect to pay. You listening Harris?[/quote]

Yes. I am. You sound retarded.

Real dodgeball? A opposed to that fake shit the haters around the way are perpetrating?

Dodgeball is just another form of exercise. It’s cheap and it’s easy to understand. You run, you jump, you squat down, you throw. Someone once made the point that people think “if it’s free or simple or easy to understand, it can’t be as good as something that’s expensive, complicated, and difficult to figure out on your own.” He forgot to add the part about if it doesn’t look cool or “grown up”.

The kid just wanted some answers about his arm pain. Maybe it’s nothing and all he does need to do is suck it up, but his asking the question doesn’t mean he doesn’t accept that as a sufficient answer.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
HeadShot wrote:
dl- wrote:
dl-

No need to pity the guy, it’s not like he cracked his head on the floor when he went down and got a concussion or something. You gotta pay attention when you play real dodgeball, or expect to pay. You listening Harris?

Real dodgeball? A opposed to that fake shit the haters around the way are perpetrating?

[/quote]

I’m guessing you got your ass kicked in gym class every day?

[quote]harris447 wrote:

[/quote]
Damn, at least I can write a readable sentence.

Real dodgeball means first no girls. They just cry when they get hit too hard, which then makes you feel bad for laughing. Then they hate you for the rest of the year. It’s not worth it to let them play. If you want to play with girls just so you can show off, well go build yourself some biceps and wear sleeveless shirts around then. Real dodgeball is about hurting your opponent. It’s about giving him a shot that he will remember all day, that will cause him to lower his eyes when he passes you in the hall. It has to include headshots of course. One ball in play is boring. Two or perhaps three at the most is best. And I would also add guys with jobs can’t play. Wait, that won’t work, I have a job. We’ll just say guys that throw like they have jobs can’t play.

Of course harris, if you can learn how to throw decent, we’ll let you play. But no crying if you get hit in the head.

You’re in my sights pussy.

Dodgeball is a real man’s game when you play it with 12 lbs medicine balls.

Or a shot put.

Or a cricket ball.

Or with lightbulbs.

Dodgeball rocks!!

Massif- I’ve taken your suggestions into consideration, and here are my thoughts at this point:

A shot put- Are you nuts. The potential for broken bones and literal cracked heads seems enormous. Not to mention it would wreck the hell out of the floor. No school administration would go for this.

Medicine Balls- Yes I do like this one, but we’ld have to go with something lighter, in order to increase thowing speed. I suppose there are some really big dudes that could throw a 12 pounder, but I for one would be afraid to get in front of something like that.

Cricket Balls- Your best suggestion. Although it would require paintball facemasks minimum, and probably light hockey shin/knee guards and shoulder pads.

Lightbulbs- Shit, that would make a mess , and you’ld have to sweep the whole gym after you played.

My alternative suggestions are-

Baseballs or softballs. Why not.

Then there’s this kind of 3 in. super ball that I used to play with a lot when I was a kid. Yeeees, headshots would produce great ricochets.

Golf balls, but with the above equipment requirements.

[quote]Massif wrote:
Dodgeball rocks!![/quote]
Whooh. Am I reading you right? Play dodgeball with rocks?

We always just called that having a rock fight. Got any good rock fight stories?

Dodgeball with kettlebags filled with kittens and rocks!

It’s that or catch-and-kiss.
Nate Dogg - I know you’d be up for it, but you’re gunna have to sit this one out.

[quote]HeadShot wrote:
Massif wrote:
Dodgeball rocks!!
Whooh. Am I reading you right? Play dodgeball with rocks?

We always just called that having a rock fight. Got any good rock fight stories?
[/quote]

Wow! I thought we were the only kids who had rock fights. In our neighborhood, the older kids would stand on top of a hill, and throw rocks at us younger guys on the ground. We wore construction hard hats, so we didn’t get hurt too bad. I got my ear messed up by a piece of slate.
Ahh, those were good times.

[quote]dl- wrote:
Alright so we have dodgeball teams at school now. I was throwing the ball like mad…and now today like i felt it later in the day around 1pm…My right bicep HURTS, like sore/hurts. This is from throwing as we were playing football after dodgeball and I was throwing the football a lot and my right bicep was really hurting. Is this because I’m not used to throwing stuff. Could this be somewhat beneficial cause like…adds a different stimulus? Why has my arm gotten so sore from throwing. My biceps arent weak either or anything…so this is weird.

dl-[/quote]

For the arm thing you might want to try throwing side arm, like keeping your arm slightly bent but stationary and twisting your torso, like when you work obliques, to throw the ball. It makes more use of your body while taking some of the strain off the arm…it also gives the ball a nice curve.

ОH i gotta story…it wasnt always pure rocks…but when I as 14 there was houses being built around this new survery acorss the street. Anways there were clumps of drit that were pretty damn hard and would hurt if you threw it at someone and sometimes they had rocks in them…we would play that around the houses being built and split outselves into teams…and the only way to get out is basically if you quit cause you dont want to get those things throw at you anymore cause they hurt so much lol. SO FUN!

dl-

[quote]HeadShot wrote:
harris447 wrote:

Damn, at least I can write a readable sentence.

Real dodgeball means first no girls. They just cry when they get hit too hard, which then makes you feel bad for laughing. Then they hate you for the rest of the year. It’s not worth it to let them play. If you want to play with girls just so you can show off, well go build yourself some biceps and wear sleeveless shirts around then. Real dodgeball is about hurting your opponent. It’s about giving him a shot that he will remember all day, that will cause him to lower his eyes when he passes you in the hall. It has to include headshots of course. One ball in play is boring. Two or perhaps three at the most is best. And I would also add guys with jobs can’t play. Wait, that won’t work, I have a job. We’ll just say guys that throw like they have jobs can’t play.

Of course harris, if you can learn how to throw decent, we’ll let you play. But no crying if you get hit in the head.

You’re in my sights pussy.[/quote]

“You’re in my sights [and, as long as we’re talking about readable sentences, there should be a comma right here] pussy.”

That’s the saddest fucking thing I’ve heard in such a long time.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
“You’re in my sights [and, as long as we’re talking about readable sentences, there should be a comma right here] pussy.”[/quote]
It’s optional in the above sentence, and I chose not to use it.

Harris- Not a very interesting rejoinder. If you don’t start doing a little better, I’m not going to play with you anymore.

we never had many rock fights but growing up in the cold new england winters we had some wicked snow(ice)ball fights. We used to do it at recess in school, we’d pack a bunch of snowballs really really tight and then soak them in water at the bubbler during morning recess and then in the afternoon we’d start a snowball fight with regular snow balls, as soon as someone got smoked in the face… BAM!! out came the solid chunks of ice we’d made earlier. It was great, if you got hit in the head or face all you had to do was pick up the iceball and you had an icepack for it.

-Jay