T Nation

Dodge Ram Vs Hummer

[quote]pkradgreek wrote:
Trucks and SUVs are a waste if they’re not used to their fullest capacity.[/quote]

In that sense, most people I see here use SUVs as … Social Utility Vehicles. Keeping up with the Joneses affects a good portion of the population. As for Ricers, I see them as having a chick magnet function, especially because roads here cannot allow one to floor it anyway… too many potholes.

Those little fucking cars are deathtraps! My wife had a Corolla for 3 years and we finally traded the damn thing in and got a truck (domestic). The insurance bill went down. The insurance was higher on a 4 years old Corolla!

Don’t buy those little shitpot deathtraps!

Will anyone really give a shit about the price of gas if their wife and/or family is killed?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Small penis?[/quote]

Nope, and I have proof: My doc told me whenever I need to piss, I should sit down. I asked why. “I don’t want you lifting anything heavy.”

And, no, he wasn’t referring to the toilet seat. :slight_smile:

(Wait, was that fat bastard calling me a pussy? Damn doctors! :slight_smile:

[quote]MrChill wrote:
pkradgreek wrote:
Trucks and SUVs are a waste if they’re not used to their fullest capacity.

In that sense, most people I see here use SUVs as … Social Utility Vehicles. Keeping up with the Joneses affects a good portion of the population. [/quote]

AMEN! These mindless consumers are buying vehicles with an expensive option (4-wheel drive) that gives them a higher center of gravity and more weight. They are buying a transfer case, front differential and front drive system they do not need. That makes them accelerate more slowly and stopping distance increases. Also, thier cornering ability is decreased. Additionally, it would be interesting to know much extra has been spent on SUV tires the past decade.

To compensate for the affect on acceleration, manufacturers stick large gas guzzling engines in them. This naturally affects cornering even more, requires even larger brakes and drinks gallons of gas.

It’s amazing that the SUV manufacturers have been able to sell such a large and expensive option to the masses. Only a small portion of the population has any weather related requirement for it. The rest have happily purchases this option as, in their mind, it’s just part of owning an SUV.

As for smaller cars being unsafe, they are only unsafe in a matchup against a douchbag in an SUV.

Insurance statistics show that SUV’s are NOT safer for their occupants. The Dirvers lose control and/or roll these vehicles far more often than other vehicles.

Now for a disclaimer. If you have a large family, do a lot of towing, live in a snowy/icy region and your SUV is usually full of people, you are putting the vehicle to good use. However, if an SUV is a person’s daily commuter vehicle, you are just throwing money away.

[quote]4est wrote:
They are buying a transfer case, front differential and front drive system they do not need. That makes them accelerate more slowly and stopping distance increases. Also, thier cornering ability is decreased. Additionally, it would be interesting to know much extra has been spent on SUV tires the past decade.[/quote]

Good points. Also, the higher the number of parts, the higher the probability of one of them malfunctionning. Simplicity rules!

Also, one would have though that the newer vehicles would have higher MPG because a good portion of formerly-metal parts have been switched to cheaper-lighter plastic parts. Not so.
Like you said, power is needed foremost.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Small penis?[/quote]

This is the way to deal with that problem…

No need to make it worse with a monster SUV…

[quote]orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Small penis?

This is the way to deal with that problem…

No need to make it worse with a monster SUV…
[/quote]

That aston martin is still a little big…

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
CU AeroStallion wrote:
Dr. Stig wrote:
MrChill wrote:
The only Hummer I would consider is the H1. The rest looks too civilian. Just my opinion, though. Didnt stop Toyota from building a smaller clone of the H2. Guess theres still demand in this segment of the market.

H1 is the business…like the original Willy’s or an original Land Rover, Mini or Mustang, great design.

Ain’t the H2 based on a Ford SUV ?

HAHA… you know nothing about cars. GM bought hummer a few years ago, the H2 is on the same frame/chassis as the Tahoe/Yukon

You failed to spot the sarcasm ? Design classic ? HAHA. Based on a Ford, thought that might ruffle some feathers, didn’t realise it would make you think you were somehow better than me, you nobjockey.[/quote]

I guess that one line of sarcasm doesn’t carry over too well online, and instead just sounds like an incorrect statement, you picklepuffer.

did any of you guys catch that southpark where everyone is driving hybrids and they all become smug bastards.

“I have a hyrbrid, I care about the environment, it’s because I’m better than you”

this thread is starting to resemble that little parody.

Dude, if you want a big SUV, get it, but my allegiance lies with the Land Cruiser; awesome capability and they never fall apart.

If your major concern is looking unique though, you can always lift it up to H1 heights and stick some 35’s on there.

As cooll as the H1 looks (still) I’m not sure if you’ve ever been in one, their insides SUCK, they got this giant center console inside that takes up the majority of interior space… but it does provide for a badasSUV.

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:

Ain’t the H2 based on a Ford SUV ?
[/quote]

No it’s on a Chevy Suburban frame.

[quote]CU AeroStallion wrote:
did any of you guys catch that southpark where everyone is driving hybrids and they all become smug bastards.

“I have a hyrbrid, I care about the environment, it’s because I’m better than you”

this thread is starting to resemble that little parody.

Dude, if you want a big SUV, get it, but my allegiance lies with the Land Cruiser; awesome capability and they never fall apart.

If your major concern is looking unique though, you can always lift it up to H1 heights and stick some 35’s on there.

As cooll as the H1 looks (still) I’m not sure if you’ve ever been in one, their insides SUCK, they got this giant center console inside that takes up the majority of interior space… but it does provide for a badasSUV.

[/quote]

Or how about Ed Begely Jr. who drove the car powered by his sense of self-satisfation on the Simpsons?
Personally, I love that my little hybrid gets 44 mpg. But anyone who wants to drive something that gets 6 mpg is fine with me! In fact, a previous car (1967 Chrysler Newport) only got around 8 mpg. But that was a cool car! I don’t think I could afford to drive it with gas at $3.30 a gallon, though.

Ok, no more hijack. I’d go with a Dodge Ram with the mega-cab (or whatever they call it) and the longest bed I could find. Get it 4X4, Then be sure to run AT LEAST 35" tires on it (with the corresponding lift, of course.) I lifted my Jeep, and its mileage now sucks, but I love it.
It might be a little sketchy to buy any GM car right now when you consider their current financial woes.

If you’re serious about which one, go with the Ram with the Hemi option. 345 horses under the hood of a black truck is just manly. Plus you’ll have more uses with the truck. So as I truck man myself, I say the Ram, all the way.

Another thing, what is with the hate of people who drive large vehicles?

What’s with all the love for the hybrids?

Unless you’re only buying them because you truly want to help the environment, you’re wasting money.

I forgot how many years of saving $ on gas it would take to equal out the extra money spent on a hybrid of the same type of automobile.

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:
What’s with all the love for the hybrids?

Unless you’re only buying them because you truly want to help the environment, you’re wasting money.

I forgot how many years of saving $ on gas it would take to equal out the extra money spent on a hybrid of the same type of automobile.[/quote]

Which is why I say “fuck it” and drive what the hell I want. If I have to shell out thousands of dollars for transportation, then I am going to be completely satisfied in what I buy.

I can understand the desire for a car that gets 44mpg, but honestly, I’d feel like a girl in a hybrid. Virtually all of the cars that anyone nowadays refers to as “getting good gas mileage” are the ones that I have always thought of as chick cars.

That said, I live downtown and walk to work, walk to school, and walk to the gym. I have a 97 Riviera and a motorcycle for anywhere else I need to go. Cost of gas is really no concern to me. Get by how you can and DON’T COMPLAIN! Especially not about things you can’t control.

I say get the H1. H2’s are lame, and if you can afford the car, you can afford the gas. Anybody thats such a hippy they whine about YOUR cars gas mileage really has no business doing anything but sucking your dick like a bitch anyways.

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
MrChill wrote:
The only Hummer I would consider is the H1. The rest looks too civilian. Just my opinion, though. Didnt stop Toyota from building a smaller clone of the H2. Guess theres still demand in this segment of the market.

H1 is the business…like the original Willy’s or an original Land Rover, Mini or Mustang, great design.

Ain’t the H2 based on a Ford SUV ?
[/quote]

Chevy Tahoe frame

HH:

H2’s are for major posers. My little V4 4Runner with 33’s walks all over the H2…but most don’t get H2’s for functionality, and if they did, they would be dissapointed anyway.

H2 = URBAN ASSAULT GROCERY GETTER

Let’s re-cap…H2’s are for POSERS.

The truck is WAY better.

[quote]CU AeroStallion wrote:

I guess that one line of sarcasm doesn’t carry over too well online, and instead just sounds like an incorrect statement, you picklepuffer.[/quote]

I don’t give a fuck tough guy.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
Another thing, what is with the hate of people who drive large vehicles?[/quote]

Because they know you have a small penis, and they hate you for it. Guys with small wankers use 40% more gas than the average size man.