T Nation

Documentary About Killing

I ran in to this very very very interesting documentary about killing and war.
I highly recommend it!!! There are 2 episodes, each consisting out of 5 parts.

OP, If you liked that Rolling Stone magazine had a really good article about the same subject. It was roughly six or seven years ago so maybe it’s archived, not sure. The author of the article was able to really spend alot of time with the army. I’m not in the military so maybe it was horseshit, who knows.

I’ll check out the rest of the parts later at home. Good find btw.

Thanks James! I’ll look it up

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
OP, If you liked that Rolling Stone magazine had a really good article about the same subject. It was roughly six or seven years ago so maybe it’s archived, not sure. The author of the article was able to really spend alot of time with the army. I’m not in the military so maybe it was horseshit, who knows.

[/quote]

If you are talking about generation kill it was made into an HBO mini series by the same group that made The Wire. Well worth tracking down.

The books On Killing and On Combat by Lt. Col. David Grossman who is in part 1, go into this in depth. Not easy reads, but very interesting.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

[/quote]

If you are talking about generation kill it was made into an HBO mini series by the same group that made The Wire. Well worth tracking down.[/quote]

I can’t recall if that was the title or not but I will track this down, thanks for the heads up.

Edit/ CB, just curious, are you anywhere Torreon?. I friend of mine was born there, came here to work for a few years then went back a couple years ago…he regrets going back big time! Everyday when he leaves the house he wonders if he’ll return, he said it’s like the wild west there now.

I live in Leon, Guanajuato, central Mexico and I spend about half the week in Mexico City. Don’t feel any less safe than I used to in London.

I watched the whole thing and it was a good documentary. Thanks for sharing. Nothing new per se, but it pointed out that it sucks to be a soldier for a controversial cause.