Documentaries

I did a search, and couldn’t find a thread for documentaries, and we need one. I have a small addiction for anything from BBC Life, to Pratchett’s choosing to die.

I really enjoy good documentaries. Biograpical, science, religion, sociology, nature, science. I find that once you watch a couple of really good ones, all you want is more! i use TED.com topdocumentaryfilms.com, and download or buy the ones that are not to be found there.

So whats your favorites? I am sure i am forgetting some big ones, but here is a list of some that i love, and some that enrage me.

Senna
Sugar, the bitter truth
Bigger stronger Faster
Into Eternity
BBC life
BBC Planet Earth
The Four Horsemen
choosing to die
The Root Of All Evil?
the god delution
The Root Of All Evil?
WikiLeaks-rebellene
Beautiful Young Minds
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man
Metal: A Headbangerâ??s Journey
Heavy : the story of metal
Anvil : the story of anvil
Scientology And Me
Scientology: Inside the Cult
Fat Head
The Cove
Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage
Bill hicks : American
Nikola Tesla: The Genius Who Lit the World
The Iceman: Confessions of a Mafia Hitman
Religolous
Jesus Camp
Half Ton Man

The Singing Revolution, the story of how Estonia became independent from the Soviet Union, now 20 years (and three days) ago.

The “The Case for…” series. “Inside Deepthroat”. “Secret Societies”.

Man do I love documentaries.

What I really hate though are documentaries that are made terribly, like the Bill Hicks doc listed in the OP.

An interesting one I’ve watched recently is “Surf Wise” about the surfing Pascowitz family. Fascinating Doc.

Probably my favorite of late has been “It Might Get Loud,” the doc about The Edge, Jimmy Paige, and Jack White. Great Great Great.

The Joy of statistics was a good one. It went into both some of the history + practical application of stats…mmmmmmmm…STATS!!!

Also: The street that cut everythinhg was quite amusing.

Breakfast With Hunter
The Atomic Cafe
Restrepo

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Restrepo[/quote]

Everyone should see this one

[quote]Defiance wrote:

choosing to die

[/quote]

This one is from Terry Pratchett. It is good, it is important, but also very difficult to watch.

Can be found here:

Hood 2 Hood: The Blockumentary

Full version of Dr. Lustig’s Sugar: The Bitter Truth