'Doctors Should Prescribe TRT Only for Sexual Dysfunction'

1. Your son is likely on the gifted spectrum; for the memory banks consider the book “Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnosis of Gifted Children and Adults.” Gifted children (and adults) have plainly different wiring that average people (that isn’t per se related to autism spectrum) while the referenced book can be very helpful as average psych people are under-studied on the psychology of gifted kids (surprising). Also consider googling Dabrowski (in particularly the theory of positive personality disintegration; a good 7 minute video animation on this). The SENG website is also a good resource.

2. Consider googling testosterone and gifted males, children, adolescents. Generally gifted males are on the lower end of the testosterone distribution.

Thanks for that great information @spholtz, I appreciate it. He definitely isn’t on the spectrum, but does have ADHD. He is very impulsive and has issues with executive functioning too. He’s super smart in some areas, but very weak in others.

I’ll check up on the suggestions! Thanks again.

It might not mean his testosterone is high, but that he is sensitive for what testosterone he does have.

1 Like

In the gifted world it’s highly important to differentiate “ADHD” from concepts like “overexcitability.” I cannot recommend the referenced book enough…check out the Amazon reviews, otherwise Dabrowski, SENG, perhaps finding a counselor who is quite familiar with gifted psychology for your child (and parents) if you can afford it. Just like people bag on docs here regarding TRT ignorance in the medical community, gifted-people psychology is grossly non-understood and routinely mistreated by the psych community The more you read about it, the more you’ll see the “us too!” side of things, and the more you’ll recognize how to recognize psych folks who know their ass from a hole in the ground. “Good Will Hunting” was a prototypical gifted kid…he could see though/past his therapists.
Gifted kids often have intelligence at age 6 that most adults will never attain, and this is difficult for adults to wrap their heads around (of course intelligence does not equal capacity to use it or function well). “ADHD” is often the result of boredom…

LMAOOOOOOO

2 Likes

People seem to be born with certain capacities, depending on factors (like T level) to be fully realized. When my T tanked, I was able to visual the Fourier transform and visualized math like never before, had to talk with a math professor to see what all the math was (really, the Good Will Hunting phenomenon in real life, though my baseline IQ is quite elevated). I otherwise researched the phenomenon of low T an math ability (I encourage folks to google it).
If low T doesn’t help one’s math, then it was never meant to be. But generally males have different visual-spacial wiring than women while this is not a T phenomenon more than intrinsic wiring phenomenon.

A random study I saw earlier said “men were placed on 50mg/day of testosterone”

It didn’t say what ester, but holy shit. No wonder half these studies flop.

@spholtz
What do you spend a majority of your allotted time doing to procure currency? (what do you do for a living)

To further reiterate this claim, heavy AAS use is associated with decreased visuospatial cognition… actually that’s debatable, one study came to a statistically significant conclusion whilst another did not

I’m an MD (neither an endocrinologist nor a urologist). FWIW, in the past year, given to my own condition, I’ve read the $hit out of testoterone, endocrine, and neuroendocrine research surrounding TRT and testosterone with respect to development between adolescence and adropause. I’m otherwise well-read on psychology and a few other subjects, FWIW.

3 Likes

Low T has brought me brain fog and deteriorated my ability to think. Im a programmer

This reminds of the ‘Abstinence’ episode of Seinfeld. George can’t have sex with his girlfriend for 6 weeks(she got sick or injured) and he becomes a genius.

4 Likes

I believe this, but do you have easy access to any studies? Just want to save me the time hunting them down.

You’re joking, but others are not. I know a neurophysiologist, at least his PhD is in that field. He’s in his 20s and on testosterone, and he needs it. He blames the liberal/progressive culture permeating society today for the demasculinization of men. He’s actually doing research in this area. Interesting guy.

I needed it when I was seventeen… I win… wait a minute

Everything I had read to this point suggested a correlation between higher T and better spatial reasoning. This was in line with my own experience on T. I have done more research and now see that, as with many things, there is conflicting information out there.

Personally my own IQ dropped more than 10 points when I was Low T. I tested myself because I was concerned about my brain and was unaware of my condition. IQ returned fully shortly after going on shots. I was aware this was potentially due only to the “fog” caused by Low T so that is NOT what I am basing my social hypothesis on.

Yeah, TRT isn’t for everyone. Mmmm hmmmm

1 Like

That’s probably a little bit more than TRT. Perhaps a nice pharmacological dose + HGH

just speculating, perhaps he even took synthetic derivatives, many actors do

Regardless, he looks far better… whether he’s actually internally healthier will determine based on what the took. If he took like

200mg test
400mg deca
4 iu hgh
50mg var

(doubt he went this far)

and lots all the weight doing that then the notion of dropping the weight has been nullified by internal strain lol… actually perhaps not entirely… but you get my drift

Well, losing a lot of weight is stressful in and of itself. Looks like he lost at least 2 hundred pounds. I think one could argue that no matter what he took for a year or 2 to lose it he’s better off now than if he’d not.

I was shocked the other day when I watched one of the recent weight loss program commercials on TV (Nutrisystem maybe?) The ‘after’ photos now are like the ‘before’ photos from 10 yrs ago. The commercial shows these fat people dancing around in ecstacy showing off their new figures. My jaw literally fell.

4 Likes