Doctors, Insurance & Steroids

I’d like to let my doctor know that I am on a cycle so he can keep an eye on any possible problems…would there be a problem with my health insurance if he were to notify them, and would he?

The insurance company should not have to pay for this non medical activity. Go pay for your own BW and post results here.

I tell my doc whats goin on, and he just non-chalantly makes sure I know the risks involved and what i’m doing and then he treats me normally. My insurance has not been affected adversely in any way, just the same rates i’ve been paying as a normal check up, pony up the co-pay and im good to go. Im pretty sure this is the standard way these things are conducted, but if your doc is shady about it I would find a new one.

Users of other kinds of recreational drugs get their medical bills payed in part for by insurance, why wouldn’t androgenic/anabolic steroids users?

[quote]Jbowling wrote:
Users of other kinds of recreational drugs get their medical bills payed in part for by insurance, why wouldn’t androgenic/anabolic steroids users?[/quote]

Because the BW is for your management of shedule III drug abuse?

[quote]KSman wrote:
Jbowling wrote:
Users of other kinds of recreational drugs get their medical bills payed in part for by insurance, why wouldn’t androgenic/anabolic steroids users?

Because the BW is for your management of shedule III drug abuse?[/quote]

Exactly and unlike historically there is no doctor patient priviledge in regards to drug usage. When you non chalantly discuss you steroid use with your doctor it is noted and should your insurance company request a copy of your medical files it is in there for them to see. Trust me on this, don’t dicsuss your drug usage with your doctor unless you and he are definetely on the same page about the issue, most are gonna cover their ass not yours.