Doctors And Guns

Doctors:

(A) The number of doctors in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 17.14%.

Statistics: courtesy of the U.S.Dept of Health & Human Services

Guns:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000 (yes! that’s 80
million).

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.001875%.

Statistics: courtesy of the FBI

So statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than
gun owners.

WARNING: guns don’t kill people, doctors do.

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!
Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld statistics on
lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek
medical attention…

Not to surprising considering all the people that look at me funny and say:“But my doctor said soy is good for me.”

Exactly how many guns have treated people with cancer, set broken legs, transplanted organs, etc…?

This is the dumbest argument I’ve ever heard.

Substantially more people are killed each year by overdoses on acetominophen (Tylenol) than cocaine. We should ban Tylenol.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Exactly how many guns have treated people with cancer, set broken legs, transplanted organs, etc…?

This is the dumbest argument I’ve ever heard.[/quote]

So, your doctor removed your sense of humor? The posting is meant to be amusing, not serious.

[quote]harris447 wrote:

This is the dumbest argument I’ve ever heard.[/quote]

It’s not against doctors, by any means. They are just showing that guns aren’t the problem, people are. That guns are less dangerous the doctors, not that we should get rid of doctors and guns. Just that we shouldn’t get rid of guns.

Got it, good. Go eat your cornflakes and shut up!

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Exactly how many guns have treated people with cancer, set broken legs, transplanted organs, etc…?[/quote]

Guns don’t save lives; people with guns save lives. It’s just that a crime averted is not very newsworthy and therefore we don’t hear about it.

The Boston Globe, not known to be a gun friendly newpaper, did however report on a double murder postponed by the judicious use of a handgun. Remember the Zantop couple? They were a couple of well liked Dartmouth professors murdered by a two homicidal kids with knives. On July 17, 2000, the kids actually intended to kill a father and his 11 year old son, but were thwarted.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/magazine/articles/2003/09/21/fright_night?mode=PF

Six months later, on Jan. 2001, the killers found two less well prepared victims – the Zantops.

It is estimated that guns are used defensively by private citizens in the U.S. anywhere from 1.5 to 3.4 million times a year. This is just one well reported incident.

i know two doctors who are into guns.
wonder how that affects the study ?

Yes, intended to entertain. If we learned a little something along the way, then great!

And I’ll say it again…

“Owning a gun makes one a murderer as much as having a penis makes you a rapist”

(my quote by the way)

[quote]derek wrote:

“Owning a gun makes one a murderer as much as having a penis makes you a rapist”

(my quote by the way) [/quote]

“Guns are no more responsible for killing people than the spoon is responsible for making Rosie O’Donnell fat.”

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
“Guns are no more responsible for killing people than the spoon is responsible for making Rosie O’Donnell fat.” [/quote]

NICE!

[quote]derek wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
NICE!
[/quote]

I can’t claim ownership. I saw it at my local shooting range.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:

“Guns are no more responsible for killing people than the spoon is responsible for making Rosie O’Donnell fat.” [/quote]

Perhaps if Rosie were to heat up what’s on that spoon and inject it instead, she’d lose some weight.

|/ 3Toes

There was a thing a few years ago, where a military base(forget where) was hosting local high school kids and teaching them gun safety and basic marksmanship. The reporter who was interviewing the base commander was shocked and asked, ‘Aren’t you worried about equipping these kids with the ability to kill?’

The CO responded, ‘You’re equipped to be a prostitute, but you aren’t one, are you?’