Doctor Tells Patient She Is Fat

A doctor is under investigation by the States Attorney for telling one of his patients that she is obese.

http://www.newsnet5.com/irresistible/4882438/detail.html

Her feelings where hurt, she definitly deserves a huge settlement.

He should be punished for not telling her the whole truth.

She’s fat and stupid.

" No, no, no! You got it all wrong! I called her PHAT, P-H-A-T…"

Some extracts:

“Did I sleep with somebody? Did I give somebody drugs? Was I careless? No. End of story,” Dr Bennett said.

I think he’s a T-Man. To further my belief:

Bennett said that the Attorney General’s Office tried to get him to settle the matter by agreeing to attend a medical education course, which he refused.

Oh yeah, he told the Attorney General to F#@% Off! :slight_smile: I like that.

If only more doctors were like him…

The attorney General should be under investigation for taking this complaint seriously

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t there standards of obesity which can be used to classify someone as obese in a medical sense?

What kind of crack is the attorney schmo on trying to send the doctor to sensitivity training?

“Only in America. Only in America!” - Don King

Reminds me of something CW said in the Decline of Civilization thread. Something about it being hot and sitting in a handbasket.

Doctor: “You are fat.”

Patient: “I am going to get a second opinion.”

Doctor: “You are ugly too.”

Well, at least one of his patients is taking up for him.

She’s taking up a petition to get the A.G. shitcanned. Any folks from New Hampshire here care to sign that?

This is so much bullshit, it’s unbelievable.

Whats next, a substance abuse councelor gets in trouble for telling a crackhead you are a drug addict and need to quit using? A therapist gets written up for telling a convicted sex offender hes a child molester and is dangerous?

So stupid. He was being a good doctor, and that’s rare. As a society, we don’t seem to believe in preventative medicine and guidance from medical professionals in preventing disease. We prefer to wait until something bad happens and then treat it.

My mother lost 40 pounds and has gotten in pretty good shape now. But she previously wouldn’t get weighed at the doctor’s. He never made her. Never told her she should lose weight. Fortunately, it didn’t take a health scare for her to get her act together. But that’s what happens with a lot of people. And most doctors aren’t very helpful.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Doctor: “You are ugly too.”[/quote]

hahaha!

I hope the fat bitch dies of a heart attack next time she is pulling another McDonald’s all nighter.

Doc better stick to his guns and not settle for anything.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
Some extracts:

“Did I sleep with somebody? Did I give somebody drugs? Was I careless? No. End of story,” Dr Bennett said.

I think he’s a T-Man. To further my belief:

Bennett said that the Attorney General’s Office tried to get him to settle the matter by agreeing to attend a medical education course, which he refused.

Oh yeah, he told the Attorney General to F#@% Off! :slight_smile: I like that.

If only more doctors were like him…[/quote]

No kidding.

This is so rediculous, I think we need to get Shugs to do an interview with this guy. He sounds like Chris with a stethoscope.

At the very least, we need to send this doc a copy of “Die, Fatty, Die” to hang up next to his degree.

This is scary…we tell people that they are considered obese by medical standards all the time at my gym. The BMI (I know, it’s outdated and sucks for most uses but it works for us in this instance) clearly defines obesity and if someone falls within those guidelines we let them know where they are and what the risks are. According to this logic we could get a complaint filed against us and be asked to attend some sensitivity course. What a bunch of b.s.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Doctor: “You are ugly too.”[/quote]

Ha ha ha! LMAO! For some reason, in my head, the doctor was being played by that evil cat/dog/weird animal from the Dilbert comics :smiley:

we should all get together, with T-Nation behind us, and send a letter of support to this guy. also, Shugart should interview the fatty.

Bastard

[quote]Bastard Guy wrote:
we should all get together, with T-Nation behind us, and send a letter of support to this guy. also, Shugart should interview the fatty.

Bastard[/quote]

Thats a good idea, shit like this is just stupid, I’d say more but someone is probably already talking to their lawyer about me saying this shit is stupid.