T Nation

Doctor Says You Need to "Take Breaks" on HCG?

He also says that anastrazole should be taken the day after you inject because “that’s when the shots kick in”. Is this doctor an idiot or are these legitimate claims?

"anastrazole should be taken the day after you inject because “that’s when the shots kick in”

The notion is correct, but not so simple. If injecting once a week, makes sense. But if injecting SC EOD, T levels are very steady and then taking anastrozole at time of injections is a better routine as in been easy and less intrusive.

Taking breaks on hCG makes as much sense as making young normal guys take a drug that shuts off LH. LH every day for decades is about as dangerous as steady hCG. :scream:

250iu hCG SC EOD provides a similar LH receptor stimulation as youthful levels of LH. So what can be wrong with that? I do not ever agree with high dose hCG for reasons that I have repeated here hundreds of times. hCG is a natural human hormone and you were swimming in it during early pregnancy.

He may be confused with hGH where there is some concern that your native production “might” be lost and if you can’t afford to stay on hGH, it would be a problem.

Funny, my doctor prescribed 500iu/wk and said I had to take a 2 week break in a few months as well. smh