T Nation

Doctor Prescribed me 1mg Arimidex Daily. What the Hell?

Ok… i dont know a lot about TRT but i know that 1mg of arimidex every day is overkill…
this is what i got prescribed…
should i just take .5 every other day? or .5 two times a week (one .5 dose with every injection) ?

or should i stick to the 1mg a day? im worried this will eventually bring me down to single digits in e2 and cause a whole bunch of side effects.

Absolutely do not take 1 MG per day. What’s your current protocol with other medications/pharmaceuticals?

The norm starting point is 1 mg/100 MG of testosterone. If you inject 50 MG twice per week, you would take 0.5 MG twice per week on the same days you inject as an example.

what do you mean by current protocol? do u mean what are all the drugs im taking and when and what dose? the only med i take is 100mg of cyp, 50mg on tues and 50mg on sat… thats it.

the pills are not scored so i can not split them in half… damn

how do i split them? maybe ill take a razor and score them myself then snap them in half… that should do it.

Get a pill splitter from the pharmacy.

Buy a pill splitter. Smallest denomination will be 1/4 mg with splitter. I’d suggest starting with 1/2 mg arimidex/anastrazole on injection days, ie 1 mg per week.

Do you have any pre trt blood work or any post trt blood work?

Your doc is clueless or pharmacist labelled with the standard female dose for estrogen positive breast cancers.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

Shaky/Confusing Start to TRT, Looking for Progress and Success

i remember what u told me before about the thyroid hormones and dosing of ai,. When i asked the doc, who btw has been an endrocronologist for 40 years, he didnt request any additional bloodwork. I asked him to test cortisol, dht, dhea, all the standard hormone stuff, thryroid hormones etc. I was surprised i did not get a lab request for any blood work! however, with my prescription handed me another piece of paper explaining how he is retiring at the end of july, He also told me that he will see me in mid july and see how im doing from the 1mg daily dose and then based on the labs at that time, adjust the dosing.

as for thyroid concerns he just checked my throat.

ill be honest i havent gone over the stickies yet… i will do that today and i will post what i have but they are not super recent labs.

as for the pill splitter… man these pills are so tiny, that i have a bad feeling those splitters will not cut them in half but instead crumble them in little bits since they are so tiny to begin with.

You realize we’ve been doing this for a while right? The pill splitter will effectively half a 1 mg pill. 1/4 is possible too, but begins to lose accuracy.

Dissolve anastrozole 1mg/ml in vodka, dispense by volume or by the drop. A dropper bottle with graduated markings is really good.