T Nation

Doctor is Stopping Estrogen Blocking Pills

My doctor has stopped my prescription of estrogen blocker some FDA ruling.
My questions are has anyone else run into the problem and is there a estrogen blocker supplement I can take that works.
Thanks
Dant52

You don’t even know the name of the drug that you are taking?

What is an estrogen blocker? An AI or a SERM? Please be precise!

“FDA ruling” sounds fishy.

[quote]KSman wrote:

[/quote]
Anastrozole my bad sorry

[quote]dant52 wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:

[/quote]
Anastrozole my bad sorry[/quote]
i just spoke to him again today and he said that 100 mg of zinc should do as a repalcement. I take 1ml of testosterone cypionate every 7 days and .5 ml hcg twice a week and .5mg of Anastrozole twice a week

Sounds really strange to me. This Dr. is saying to take 2.5 times the upper limit of Zinc which goes against research based medicine and then deprescribes a perfectly good antineoplastic which will likely never be discontinued? Either this is a fabrication or youre seeing one of those “doctors” ie naturopath or wellness physician.

[quote]C27 H40 O3 wrote:
Sounds really strange to me. This Dr. is saying to take 2.5 times the upper limit of Zinc which goes against research based medicine and then deprescribes a perfectly good antineoplastic which will likely never be discontinued? Either this is a fabrication or youre seeing one of those “doctors” ie naturopath or wellness physician.[/quote]

No he is a board certified internal medicine doctor who specializes in hormonal therapy

Did he give you a time frame for your 100mg/day zinc? Like two weeks or indefinitely?

[quote]C27 H40 O3 wrote:
Did he give you a time frame for your 100mg/day zinc? Like two weeks or indefinitely?[/quote]
He didn’t say. How much should I be taking.

Well, some sources say 20mg max/day others say 40mg/day. There may be therapeutic reasons for a loading dose but long-term aromatase activity doesn’t seem practical. Maybe KSman will be able to answer that. It’s the first I heard of it.

bound to fail. You could reduce and/or split your dose up to lessen the need for an AI. Wouldn’t work for me, but everyone is different. If E2 is slightly over your could try boron, DIM and/or calcium d-glucarate. You also try some of the OTC sups one would find on prohormone or bodybuilding sites.

you could get the anastrozole on your own. research chem sites or international pharmacy.