T Nation

Docs in North Seattle?

Hi All,

I’m 29 years old. I’ll spare everyone the gory details, but after feeling terrible for years (anxiety, depression, inability to lose bellyfat, gain muscle), I finally swallowed my pride and asked my GP to order a testosterone test.

It came back at 334 (total test only), which the doctor called “normal” in his post-visit notes. From my research, I knew that was way low for my age, and that a simple total testosterone test wasn’t comprehensive enough. I took six weeks, religiously avoided foods with phytoestrogens, xenoestrogens, and only used grass-fed beef and wild fish for my protein sources to see what my levels would be if I got them tested with no confounding factors. I ordered a private test, went to Labcorp, and it came back…370 total T, 4 free T, so not good.

I live in North Seattle (up by Edmonds), and work in Seattle proper. I see a version of this question was asked back in 2011, with a second variant asked in 2017, but I have a slightly different question

I would be open to going to a clinic like Revive Low T, but it would be great to go somewhere my insurance covers, so I have been looking at naturopathic doctors.

Also, I know I’m quite young for this, but at this point, the symptoms are too much to ignore. Does anyone have experience with a doctor who would be willing to see a patient of my age, and with my borderline numbers, and recognize that this is not ok and be willing to help? I feel like I got totally written off by my GP.

Secondarily, the following are covered by my insurance and looked liked they might be options online:

*Edmonds Wellness Clinic (Mark Nolting)
*Institute for Complementary Medicine
*Seattle Naturopathy and Acupuncture Center (Rick Postmantur)

Does anyone have any experience with any of these docs in particular?