T Nation

Doc's BMC Log

Alrighty.

It is probably time to start one of these things. If for no other reason than sometimes things need to be said, and there are so few places anymore where I can just say them. Sad, I know. So I hope that you all will humor my nonsense and perhaps add to it from time to time.

My thought for today: There is a fucking reason why they call them ‘skinny’ jeans.

Um, yeah so I guess I should post training stuff too…

YAAAAAAYYYYY! Glad you started a log.

Skinny jeans - hah! But with your chiseled legs they should awesome. Rock those bitches.

ehhhh, what’s up Doc? :stuck_out_tongue:

Now this should be very entertaining. Carry on!

You’re right about the skinny jeans. They’re such a bitch to get off someone drunk & passed out. That’s why I keep a machete on the night stand.

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
YAAAAAAYYYYY! Glad you started a log.

Skinny jeans - hah! But with your chiseled legs they should awesome. Rock those bitches.[/quote]

Thanks Masch! :slight_smile:

I should have elaborated on the skinny jean thing. What I was really getting at was the fact that all I see is fat chicks in them. Some clothing should have a weight limit. Just sayin.

MIM: HAI! Love the new avi. SheRa was awesome, but I like yur purty face better :slight_smile:

Arachne: Thanks for the support!

Print: A machete? Really? No really? Umm, whateva happened to your razor sharp canines?

So I suppose I should discuss some goals and such, since I do have them. I am not JUST
a SAMA troller/lurker. :slight_smile:

I starting lifting in high school. I forget the specifics but it made me feel strong and I liked that. So I kept it up to varying degrees througout my life. Starting getting very serious again 3 years ago when I quit smoking.

I am not interested in competing in any way, shape or form at this point. I lift so that I don’t kill people. That is pretty much it.

My most recent goal is to put some size on my quads. I am pretty happy with my upper body at this point but will probably look to bring some things up once I see where I get with ma wheels.

I just changed some stuff up recently. Doing an upper/lower split right now at a brand spanking new gym with a REAL squat rack (I am so happy I could levitate). I am working with a trainer occationally that I like, he helps me out with form and such. He’s a big boy :slight_smile: Pretty one too.

I will pick up my log tomorrow and post specifics.

just saying hi. i’m a fellow procrastinator and x smoker too…

BMC? i can’t come up with something funny so i will ask what it stands for.

[quote]print wrote:
You’re right about the skinny jeans. They’re such a bitch to get off someone drunk & passed out. That’s why I keep a machete on the night stand.[/quote]

Slip the girls a little less rohypnol & they might be able to help you pull them off.

Hi Doc L, just saying hi as well, and I’m looking forward to following along!

Pretty, big boys are very nice… :wink:

I lift so I don’t kill people too! haha

Strange…I lift because it makes killing easier. Guess it’s true, men are from Mars and women are from Venus.

Are you following a particular program or designing one yourself?

[quote]Doc L wrote:

Print: A machete? Really? No really? Umm, whateva happened to your razor sharp canines?[/quote]

I always save the best for last.

[quote]RBlue wrote:

[quote]print wrote:
You’re right about the skinny jeans. They’re such a bitch to get off someone drunk & passed out. That’s why I keep a machete on the night stand.[/quote]

Slip the girls a little less rohypnol & they might be able to help you pull them off.[/quote]

Ha! Not rohypnol - chloroform.

Doc, I’ve seen your upper - you do have great definition! Excited to see what you plan to do re: the wheels. Keep us posted! (yes, pun intended)

[quote]RBlue wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

Slip the girls a little less rohypnol & they might be able to help you pull them off.[/quote]

Where’s the fun in that?

[quote]talenaah wrote:
just saying hi. i’m a fellow procrastinator and x smoker too…

BMC? i can’t come up with something funny so i will ask what it stands for.[/quote]

Hi T! Been lurking in your log for a while. We have much in common! We both have superb taste in wines for starters!! :slight_smile:

As for the BMC title, I honestly have little to no imagination but there are so many options here. My orignal was ‘bitch, moan and complain’, but feel free to insert a phrase of your choosing. I like to leave things open ended.

Some personal favs if you are also imagination challenged…

Big Mutherfucking Cunt (I like this and all possible uses of ‘cunt’. We really need to take back this word. Think about it…girl’s night out your man texts you…“yo, baby where u at?” You reply…“out wit ma cunts”. The potential is mind numbing and delightful all at the same time.)

Beautiful, Marvelous and Classy (pfftttt…HA!)

Benches More than Chris (inside joke)

Better Move your Cheddah (or I will eat it)

Hi RBlue: Thanks for stopping in!

GD: Don’t forget that us ladies need to suppress our more baser instincts. God forbid someone thought that we were a bitch. We must always be pleasant and accomodating. As a pillar of my community (bahahahaha) I must always be a good role model for our young women and show them how to repress the desire to maim and torture our fellow human beings. :slight_smile:

Ok, now that everyone thinks I am uh, 'diagnosable" I will use the next post for training.

Saturday: Legs (1x/wk)- first attempt at new routine solo.

Back Squats: 8 sets drop reps and increase weight every set. Learning form so weight is low.

2 sets bar only for 15reps
55lbs for 13
60 for 12
65 for 10
70 for 8
75 for 6
80 for 4

Bench step-ups with DBs in hand.
2sets 17.5s for 8
2sets 20s for 8

Leg exts.
2sets 60lbs for 10
2sets 60lbs for 8

Single leg hammie curls
1set 25 for 10 each side
2set 25 for 8
1set 20 for 10

Still sore from this! Gonna increase my weights next week for sure :slight_smile:

Sunday: Upper Body (2x/wk)- First attempt with new routine as well.

RDL: Modified - not from floor so more of a rack pull. Lowest point is mid shin. This is the one area where the new gym sucks. There are perm. safety bars on the rack and no space anywhere to set up on the floor :frowning: I may use the college rec center to do these in the future.

Bar - 20rep
95 - 15rep
135 - 8
185 - 2

(Upon reflection, I just may pull these out of my upperbody day and do them as a standalone workout and use the rec center.)

Flat DB Chest Press:

15s - 20rep
30s - 10
35s - 7
35s - 6

Bend over barbell row - New exercise for me. I’m used to doing DBs.

30 - 20
50 - 12
60 - 10
70 - 8

Assisted Pullups/ supersetted with chest cable flys

70 - 10 / 20 - 10
55 - 8 / 25 - 8
55 - 7 / 30 - 6

Shoulder warm ups / DB unilateral alt press

22.5 - 10 each side
25 - 7
25 - 6

Reverse Grip BB press (new exercise) / Supersetted with French press

30 - 15 / 20 - 10
40 - 10 / 25 - 8
50 - 10 / 25 - 8

Unassisted Chins / supersetted with bicep cable curls (OMFG this sucks)

4 / 15-15
3 / 20-10
3 / 22.5 -8

Not sure how I feel about this new routine, but I will give it the old college try with the exception of 86ing the DLs so I can pull from the floor.

That’s pretty much it with the addition of HIIT x15 min 2days a week for ‘conditioning’.

Looks like quite a day!

i always wondered who the lurkers are in my journal…:wink:

another oenophile?? there is strength in #s! and what’s up with your avi…very interesting. i take it you are a Doctor? yeah, i’m nosey.

oh, but we are opposite in our happy levels with upper vs lower body. haaa haa. my wheels and caboose are pretty ok. the top, however…meh.

looks like a solid training routine. you mentioned they were new programs, what were you working before, if i may ask? :slight_smile:

your so much stronger in your top half!! were you injured before? just curious :slight_smile: