Doc Says no HCG/AI

Some guys convert DHEA–>E2 freely. Your DHEA is very high. Suggest that you stop DHEA or reduce DHEA-S and see if E2 lowers. But this may may be a wild goose chase…

I do not trust saliva tests or do not understand them.
ESTRADIOL 23 <47 PG/ML makes sense
Low SHBG makes sense.

Low T increases cholesterol, that is why TRT fixes it.
Why is T low, maybe because prolactin is up. I made a suggestion above.

CoQ10, the Ubiquinol form of CoQ10 is the best, higher bio-availability.

Ft4. 1.1. 0.8-1.8 ng/dl
should be nearer 1.3

T3 Total. 103. 76-181 ng/DL
should be nearer (76+181)/2 = 128

TSH=3.8

Body temps may be OK, but labs suggest iodine deficiency.

I just received the rest of my lab results. There has been positive moves in many of the numbers.

What is the reason for not trusting saliva tests very much.

While supplementing with DHEA, my estradiol has decreased a bit. Is it still to high? Do you still recommend no longer using DHEA?

What would the ideal estradiol number be?

What would the ideal prolactin number be?

What would the ideal LH number be?

what would the ideal FSH number be?

When supplementing with the Ubiquinol form of CoQ10, what would the proper dosing be?

6/19/13
Albumin 4.80 3.5-4.8
Test Total 391 241-827
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 18.7 17.3-65.8
Test Free 98 47-244
Test Free% 2.5 1.6-2.9
Testo Bioavailable 254 130-680
Vitamin D 56 30-100

LH 2.90 1.24-8.62
FSH 1.90 1.27-19.60
Prolactin 7.10 2.64-13.30
Estradiol 21 <47

Glycohemoglobin 5.4 < or = 5.6%
Estimated Ave Gluc 108

Sodium Blood 140 135-145
Potassium 4.4 3.5-5.3
Chloride 106 97-110
Carbon Dioxide 30 24-32
Anion Gap 4 5-15
Glucose 91 70-99
Blood Urea Nitrogen 19 7-23
Creatinine 1.07 0.60-1.30
GFR >60 >60

Calcium 9.6 8.7-10.7
Total Protein 7.0 6.0-8.0
Albumin 4.8 3.5-4.8
Total Bilirubin 0.9 0.3-1.2
Direct Bilirubin 0.1 0.0-0.4
Alk Phosphatase 76 30-115
AST 19 10-40
ALT 12 10-40

[quote]KSman wrote:

Prolactin (Plc) 12.80 ng/ml (2.64-13.30) is a concern, may be part of your secondary hypogonadism. No RMI, but a trial with cabergoline would reveal what the effect of prolactin is on your HPTA. The drug is very safe in the 0.5 1.0 mg/week range. May also improve mode by increasing/restoring dopamine as prolactin reduces dopamine.

Any thoughts on B6 400 mg/day?

[/quote]

https://www.google.com/search?q=high+dose+B6

Prolactin has changed a lot across three labs. Do not understand what this could be.

E2=21 would be good for higher T levels. With TT=391, you have some estrogen dominance that helps keep you locked into your degree of secondary hypogonadism. And LH is consistent with that.

Saliva testing: The issue is that no one here is familiar with the implications of the results and whatever lab-to-lab variations there might be. And you cannot compare to any serum testing that you might do. Example: We know what serum levels of E2 may guys feel like crap. And when you read books and papers, they never report saliva results. Also not that TT does not exist with saliva testing.

LH numbers: LH levels are very volatile, so while one might say that mid range would be good, one never knows their mean effective levels because of short half live and bursty secretion.

Your prolactin is not bad now, so not a concern. Why it was high on your first labs is a puzzle.

Ubiquinol 50mg would be good. I tend to reserve 100mg dosing for cardio vascular disease or for situations where statins are creating muscle pain or congestive heart failure like symptoms [persistent cough].

Seeing as my labs are improving, do you feel it would be better to start supplementing with things such as ubiquinol now, or do you feel it would be better to wait to see if my labs improve further?

I have finally been approved for an MRI on the pituitary gland. will the use of D-aspartic acid alter the results of the MRI

You need to increase HDL to increase probable life span. TRT decreases total cholesterol quite well for many. However, TRT does not change HDL significantly. If you are CoQ10 deficient, ubiquinol might create some changes that you would notice.

yes my cholesterol is still an issue. my total cholesterol is now high normal. triglycerides are still slightly high but have come down a tremendous amount. the only thing that hasnt changed at all is HDL.

what about the question about the MRI?

What MRI question?

[quote]NeedT wrote:
I have finally been approved for an MRI on the pituitary gland. will the use of D-aspartic acid alter the results of the MRI[/quote]

UPDATE:

I havent been on the board for awhile and just wanted to give an update on my status…

I was actually offered to go on T a couple of months ago. Like many of the other doctors I have seen, the T came without and HCG or an AI. Therefore, I denied treatment.

Days before I was offered T, I began research in a more eastern style approach to my condition, Applied kinesiology. I have been seeing this doctor for about two months. Overall I feel better, but there is a long way to go. My T numbers have raised a bit and have put me back into a low “normal” range.

My next visit to my endo will be at the end of June. Hopefully my numbers and condition will continue to improve.

Holy Shiite Muslims. 6 months until you see that endo again?

What was the result of your MRI? Negative pituitary problems I presume?

You don’t need AI, or HCG for TRT. The HCG is nice to keep the balls from atrophying, but as long as you keep your dose low and at least 2x a week, you won’t need an AI.

Yea, I see him again in late June. I’d really like to give the AK a chance to work. Its been two months or so with AK and things are improving. If June comes and there isnt a significant difference in my tests then its probably back to square one.

My biggest issue with starting T is the possibility of fertility problems.

The MRI showed 0 issues with the pituitary.

I feel the HCG is necessary for me if I decide to use T. I dont want my system to shut down.

Either way, at this point, my endo wont perscribe the T seeing as my numbers are slightly improving.

Any updates on this?

I am in a similar situation, I got presribed tesogel but haven’t taken it yet, I tried to go down the natural route first…