Doc Says My Lab Results are Normal

KSman told you what you needed to do. Sounds like you just have in your mind what you want and you don"t want to listen to anyone.

That’s an awful accusation… I don’t even understand why you would say this. My doctor never ordered this test apparently. If you would be nice enough to scroll up and read my previous posts you wouldn’t have to leave these rude comments. I asked him why he didn’t and he said -
“I feel that the free testosterone is the important value as that is what activates in the tissues. I also can say that the wide range of normal covers the rise and fall of testosterone over the course of the 24 hour cycle. So where the level falls within a range is not a fixed place. If it is in the range, you will have normal testosterone effects on body tissues and libido.”

It is true regarding my symptoms they all are due to hormones. Gyno, energy, mood are all persistent for low T so that’s why I leaned towards that. I do have an appointment with an Endo near the end of April so I am curious to see what he thinks of this. I hope he can pinpoint if there is any depression if this is the case.

I would follow up with KSman’s advice but I don’t see the importance if I’m already scheduled to see an endo anyways and would like to avoid getting pricked for blood as much as I possibly can. I hope you guys can understand my situation, thanks.

Hi,

what was the test saying I am 36 mine was 11.1 nmol then a year later 10.9, month later 9.4, I was told by one doc, if he was to compare me to cars, good levels would be a lambo your a Hyundai. Then I see another doc and he was like cool, I have an active interest in trt. Sent me to see endocrine doc urologist I. Two weeks

I think patch or gel. Then nabido shots. Are you in the uk? If so doctors are hit and miss see another doc

Ok. I see what you’re saying - at my age I should be the Lamborghini. I’m hoping my endo will be able to help me out. I’m in the US. Thanks for your response.

Had my endo apt yesterday. He wants to do all new lab tests over and he included both free/total and the Estrogen lab. I asked him why my test was so low for the range, and he said “while it can be, think of it as fuel in the tank - your body is just using more.”

About my gyno, he said to try to call my insurance and do your best to waiver the fee by saying how much of an impact it is making on my life, mentally and physically; which are both true. He is also prescribing me some Tamoxifen to see if that lessens anything in any way. While I’m almost positive my gyno has been here a long time, it does get sensitive every now and then so there is possibly a chance of regression. Keeping my fingers crossed before blowing 4k+ for surgery.

[quote]BM96 wrote:
I asked him why he didn’t and he said -
“I feel that the free testosterone is the important value as that is what activates in the tissues. I also can say that the wide range of normal covers the rise and fall of testosterone over the course of the 24 hour cycle. So where the level falls within a range is not a fixed place. If it is in the range, you will have normal testosterone effects on body tissues and libido.”[/quote]

This is correct.

[quote]seekonk wrote:
the biologically relevant quantity is “bioavailable testosterone” (sometimes called “free and weakly bound T”),[/quote]

This is not.

Receptor binding is solely a function of free testosterone, not of amount of testosterone bound to serum albumin.

Free testosterone may be measured in different ways which can get different results, but when compared to the reference range of the lab is the most useful figure, along with the equally useful calculated free test value derived from total and SHBG.