Doc Says My Lab Results are Normal

• deleted -

I also forgot to mention I have a bunch of other lab tests he ordered with it if anyone needs the results(he says they are all “normal”, but some of them are low within the range and some are high):

• TSH W Reflex
  • Hemoglobin A1C
  • Fsh
  • Luteinizing Hormone
  • 17- Hydroxyprogesterone, Lc/Ms/Ms
  • Prolactin

Here was my doc’s response to these: The FSH and LH are standard tests to get in working up the sex hormone system, they are the hormones made in the pituitary gland that stimulate the production of male and female hormones; both are normal for you. The prolactin is the hormone that could stimulate breast tissue growth and activity and it is also normal. Your thyroid hormone is normal as well.

Go ahead and read the “Advice for New Guys” and some of the other stickies (upper portion of the list of threads).

You should post all bloodwork values formatted similar to one of these examples:

Free Testosterone - 76.9 pg/mL (47-244 pg/mL)
LH 3.4 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL
FSH 1.9 (1.5-12.4 mIU/mL)

I don’t have much experience to answer your question very well, so I won’t.

If you have good insurance and/or can afford it, you need more specific tests. Again, read the stickies and make a list and tell your doc you want them tested.

You should absolutely get your E2 (Estrodal) tested, regardless. Work extra hrs or borrow from family if you have to in order to pay for this one.

“Normal” for doctors means that it isn’t out of range. You could have high E2 or something else causing your T lvls to be low.

I wouldn’t recommend an Endo unless you can’t find a good PCP to take care of you, if you can’t get this doc to work for you.

I really do appreciate the reply. :slight_smile: The stickies are very helpful

E2 is a test of an Estrogen hormone correct? (I did google)

Here are all my labs as requested, hopefully I didn’t make any typos. The ranges are [bracketed]:

Tsh W Reflex - 1.61 [0.28 - 4.10 mIU/L]

HEMOGLOBIN A1C - 5.1 [4.0 - 6.0 %]
ESTIMATED AVERAGE GLUCOSE: 100
A1C (%) mg/dl (95% CI)
5 97 (76â??120)
6 126 (100â??152)
7 154 (123â??185)
8 183 (147â??217)
9 212 (170â??249)
10 240 (193â??282)
11 269 (217â??314)
12 298 (240â??347)
Based on the ADAG formula: eAG = (28.7 X A1c) - 46.7
with the 95% confidence interval as reported in:
Nathan DM et al, Diabetes Care, 2008, 31(8);1476

FREE TESTOSTERONE - 76.9 [47.0 - 244.0 pg/m]

FSH - 10.27 [1.27 - 19.26 MIU/ML]

LUTEINIZING HORMONE - 2.88 [1.24 - 8.62 MIU/ML]

HYDROXYPROGESTERONE,17 - 36.70 [<=138.00 ng/dL]

PROLACTIN - 4.66 [2.10 - 17.70 ng/ml]

My physician is very intelligent, but is around 64; so he could be a little old school with his ways. :wink:

[quote]BM96 wrote:
I really do appreciate the reply. :slight_smile: The stickies are very helpful

E2 is a test of an Estrogen hormone correct? (I did google)

Here are all my labs as requested, hopefully I didn’t make any typos. The ranges are [bracketed]:

Tsh W Reflex - 1.61 [0.28 - 4.10 mIU/L]

HEMOGLOBIN A1C - 5.1 [4.0 - 6.0 %]
ESTIMATED AVERAGE GLUCOSE: 100
A1C (%) mg/dl (95% CI)
5 97 (76â??120)
6 126 (100â??152)
7 154 (123â??185)
8 183 (147â??217)
9 212 (170â??249)
10 240 (193â??282)
11 269 (217â??314)
12 298 (240â??347)
Based on the ADAG formula: eAG = (28.7 X A1c) - 46.7
with the 95% confidence interval as reported in:
Nathan DM et al, Diabetes Care, 2008, 31(8);1476

FREE TESTOSTERONE - 76.9 [47.0 - 244.0 pg/m]

FSH - 10.27 [1.27 - 19.26 MIU/ML]

LUTEINIZING HORMONE - 2.88 [1.24 - 8.62 MIU/ML]

HYDROXYPROGESTERONE,17 - 36.70 [<=138.00 ng/dL]

PROLACTIN - 4.66 [2.10 - 17.70 ng/ml]

My physician is very intelligent, but is around 64; so he could be a little old school with his ways. :wink:
[/quote]

I personally don’t see anything wrong with your numbers. They all look fairly good to me. The FSH did stand out to me at a bit on the high side but shouldn’t be an issue to my knowledge. E2 is the only one im not seeing that could be useful. If e2 were to come back high, and you could lower it, this would drive your free T higher.

With that higher FSH, it would be a good idea to have your testes physically examined.

Weight:
Waist:
Height:

• when did you stop growing in height

And more info about you, see advice for new guys sticky.

E1 estrONE
E2 estraDIol
E3 esTRIol

Read these carefully:

• advice for new guys
    — try to see what applies to you. Your low T is the symptom, not the disease
    — provide more info
  • things that damage your hormones

Need E2 lab work. E2 is the primary feedback signal that controls your LH/FSH and T levels.
Also need ALT/AST if E2 is elevated.

Do you guys see those weird symbols getting shoved in between my range numbers on my previous posts? hmm… strange.

I really sense you guys have a good interest in helping me. I appreciate it. :] I feel like I have almost ALWAYS had a cloudy mind and low energy. (these are my 2 main symptoms), I’ve tried everything and it doesn’t seem like I can change, maybe this is naturally how everyone else is also and I think it’s odd??? I don’t know what else to do, and feel hopeless. I honestly don’t feel like I claim the title for depression. I’m now very happy when around others and have overcame a lot of anxiety during the last few years of my life that has to do from young - being extremely shy (hiding at my birthday party because I hated the attention), stage fright, and just being anti-social, etc.

Please note these are all gone(mainly) and I’ve built a lot of self importance mostly during the last year of my life, especially finding out weight training is a destined hobby and career that I want to fulfill for the rest of my life. It has helped me grow not only my body but throughout my conscience and most definitely maturity. I’ve been lifting seriously for a few months.

I’ve had no real problems regarding sexual activity that I can say (getting it up).

I did have varicosity in my testicles (Varicocele is the medical term?) doc found this during a physical in 2011. My most recent physical was a few days ago, he said everything looks normal and says it’s gone down but that it’s still present. This wasn’t even something I remembered mentioning or being anxious over; mainly because nothing hurts now (or before?) and it’s not exactly a noticeable thing.

Stats as requested -
Weight: 165lbs
Waist: 29.5"
Height: 5’10.5

I stopped growing in height around 15 and a half. I’ll be 19 in 21 days.

You asked what I think might have damaged my hormones? I always try to eat great and be extremely health conscious.

• My BMI has been all over the chart growing up. I was a fat, barely any muscle 190lb 13 year old, it’s insane thinking back on this. I’m 18, much taller, less weight, and much more muscle, and still don’t touch 190lb. Jeeze. This was my peak and when I knew being fat wasn’t at all good looking or healthy - I will never catch a girlfriend or get my first kiss, I will never take my shirt off at the pool or beach, or be able to shake someones hand and them to look at me with out talking crap in their head.
  • I recently (few months ago) quit smoking weed, It wasn’t a chronic (non-intended pun lol) thing, very on and off most nights with friends sharing a joint or blunt. I did this for about a year. Never got into tobacco, dipping or alcohol, and probably never will. I have seen the effect of these things on people close to me.
  • My dad passed away when I was 5. I never really knew him, so it didn’t hit me like my older brother and mom. I know this probably doesn’t need to be here, but the reason is he used to lift and confirmed by my mom he did use AAS, and also ate extremely shitty (supposedly) which contributed to his death.
    He had a heart attack while in his hotel room after the gym (could he have been pinning or something related? idfk) also, does AAS have an impact on passed down genetics?
  • I ran a small un-educated cycle of Anavar a few months ago to aide me in cutting fat which I have had a tremendous amount of trouble (another symptom?) with. I didn’t feel anything superior on or after I came off cycle. Didn’t run a PCT(other than a test booster supp), because of it’s mildness and basically this not being anything close to a real cycle. No shutdown. I know I wasted my money, I know it was a mindless move. I just wanted to experience what a good anavar pump felt like and I never experienced that - hi karma!

--------> Sorry for all this writing. you asked questions and I answered them to the best of my ability :). I hope I am not coming across as cocky or too down about myself. I just feel I had a sorta crappy adolescence, and I HATTEE(emphasis on hate) myself for saying this because I know there are children with out families, with out limbs, children and people dying of cancer and terminal illnesses every god damn day who will never get to see the outside of their stupid crap dead beat hospital room for crying out loud. I freaking hate it. Fortunately this is what we’re given and we just have make the best of it.

I didn’t even cry when my father passed away and here I am tearing all over my laptop LOL just writing this and thinking back on my life. Thank you for taking your time to help me out.

Any remarks regarding my free test level?

Would you guys recommend me taking action on it? Still haven’t heard back from my pcp…

I bother any health providers until I get on the phone with who I need. I’d keep calling them.

Luckily I don’t have to do this often with my PCP.

[quote]BM96 wrote:
Any remarks regarding my free test level?

Would you guys recommend me taking action on it? Still haven’t heard back from my pcp…[/quote]

While your FT certainly isn’t at the top of the range, There is nothing wrong with that number.

Yep I just swinged my pcp another message. It’s been 3 days no response and he’s usually fast, possibly on vacation.

My mother is saying I need to get refereed by him to speak to an endo… is this correct? it has something to do with insurance? Shouldn’t I have the freedom to speak with whomever about my personal things?

Thanks guys

[quote]BM96 wrote:
Yep I just swinged my pcp another message. It’s been 3 days no response and he’s usually fast, possibly on vacation.

My mother is saying I need to get refereed by him to speak to an endo… is this correct? it has something to do with insurance? Shouldn’t I have the freedom to speak with whomever about my personal things?

Thanks guys

[/quote]

It really depends on your insurance. I’m pretty sure HMO plans you need a referral and PPO plans you don’t. Either way I wouldn’t take an Endo’s word for anything without doing my own research. Some of them are downright ignorant and/or stuck in their ways.

[quote]acfixerdude wrote:

[quote]BM96 wrote:

Thanks guys

[/quote]

It really depends on your insurance. I’m pretty sure HMO plans you need a referral and PPO plans you don’t. Either way I wouldn’t take an Endo’s word for anything without doing my own research. Some of them are downright ignorant and/or stuck in their ways.
[/quote]

Most of them, Not some.

Good luck in your journey.

you ran a small, uneducated cycle of Anavar a few months ago, didn’t PCT because “you weren’t shut down” and now you’re wondering why your Test is low.

did I miss something?

The Anavar most definitely did some work on your HPTA, it’s quite ignorant for you to think that it wouldn’t have. But I guess that’s to be expected from 1) an 18 year old taking steroids and 2) doing nothing to restore natural hormone levels afterwards.

You still need a diagnosis, get E2, AST/ALT as requested.

It wasn’t ‘uneducated’ in terms of me being a dumb 18 year old and not doing the research, it was uneducated because I wasted my money thinking I would get anything out of this small amount of gear when others swore by it. I had some money to spend and felt like trying some / ended up getting rekt by karma.

But yes, in fact you have missed a lot; maybe you can read my original post and try not to be so ignorant next time… My symptoms have been going on since I started puberty, including my gyno. This small run was a few months ago, had no effect on my body from what I can see and I never had any noticeable gains/pump in the gym, also never lost any sexual ability during or off. From what I am thinking they were just sugar pills.

I knew a PCT wasn’t needed because of the gentleness of the drug and the very small dosage I was running. Since my libido is usually great I knew I would have no problem recovering. I did use a natural test booster coming off it, also.

----- Back on topic doc got back to me and explained how the range can shift between 24hrs (I know this), said hormones are very complicated; etc and he ended with saying I would benefit with an endo, he would refer me and asked if I wanted to set up something with one and I said yes. Told my mother and she was happy now that it would be covered by my insurance since it’s through him. I hope I can get put on a TRT that’s covered by insurance. From what I can see I would benefit from a lot of the things I currently lack.

KSman - I may just wait to see an endo who would probably know more specifically what to do from here in regards of taking a closer look at my situation. I honestly am so broke right now as well as my mother who is dealing with a lot of financial stress. These may be covered by insurance, though.

As always thanks for the responses. :slight_smile: What do you think in terms of how endo’s are? Are they usually generous in their field when subscribing a new patient for a treatment? or does it depend?

[quote]BM96 wrote:
Free Testosterone - 76.9 pg/mL (or 7.69 ng/dL)

The normal range given to me(Arup labs) is 47 - 244 pg/mL, this would mean I’m on the lower side and my score could be multiplied more than 3 times and still be normal…
[/quote]

If I were you I would disregard this and stop worrying if you feel good. Free testosterone tests are really useless for a couple of reasons: Besides being notoriously inaccurate, the main reason the test is useless is that the biologically relevant quantity is “bioavailable testosterone” (sometimes called “free and weakly bound T”), of which “free testosterone” is just a tiny fraction - and it is impossible to calculate bioavailable T from free T.

So from that test you really cannot conclude whether your T is high or low.

The thing is I don’t feel good at all. Energy and overall mood is very low most of the time and I feel like I will never be able to correct it.

[quote]BM96 wrote:
The thing is I don’t feel good at all. Energy and overall mood is very low most of the time and I feel like I will never be able to correct it.[/quote]

Worth mentioning at your age that feeling low energy and run down is consistent with a variety of problems, not just low T. Major life changes recently? Have you considered that you might be depressed?

IMO, follow up on what KSMan suggested but also consider that you might be barking up the wrong tree at this point to address your problems.

Where’s the total test number? Left off because it’s high and want to push your argument?