T Nation

Doc Said I Have a Pituatary Tumor

Yes I have followed this forums advice. I started Testosterone shots but after researching here found a battery of tests needed to get doc up to speed and me too. So I have no baseline after 18 weeks on Test. I have gained muscle and weight. Feels good. But doc calls and said the blood tests that yall recommended in the stickies in this forum led them to believe I have a Pituitary tumor. They called me on the phone and said I probably have a tumor causing my low T levels. Meeting with them tomorrow as they want to review all the findings with me. Anything I should ask? The4y recommended a MRI. Man this sucks.

Your doc read the stickies and got on board with the protocol ? That is pretty cool.

On the MRI, he probably noticed high prolactin in your blood tests and wants to check if you have a tumor called a prolactinoma. Don’t freak out though, in most cases they are treated with drugs and have high success rates.

Good Luck!

[quote]PKNY wrote:
Your doc read the stickies and got on board with the protocol ? That is pretty cool.

On the MRI, he probably noticed high prolactin in your blood tests and wants to check if you have a tumor called a prolactinoma. Don’t freak out though, in most cases they are treated with drugs and have high success rates.

Good Luck!

[/quote]

I actually printed out all the main points and gave them to my doctor. Thanks for the tip on the Prolactin.

I hope things work out.

Can you give us more info on your labs and how the doctor came to that conclusion? I would like to follow along (learn)…

Prolactin is the only thing that would lead to a suspect adinoma. The non surgical treatment is Dostinex/cabergoline.

The optic nerves go past the pituitary. If an adinoma is large, it can press on the optic nerves and reduce peripheral vision, something you can assess yourself.