Doc Allows Injections at Home, How to Know If Estradiol Is Needed?

Hello,

I am still very new and reading up on information as much as possible. I recently had my T levels test and scored pretty low:

Component Your Value Standard Range
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL 169 ng/dL 240 - 871 ng/dL

The doctor originally prescribed me one 200mg shot a month and upon further readings I read that is a pretty horrible protocol. He has since allowed me to it home where I intend to do weekly injections. I have not yet picked up the prescription

I read the sticky related to estradiol and was wondering if I should try to request the anti-estrogen medication prior to starting the weekly injections?

Stats:

I received my first and only shot about 3 weeks ago and haven’t really noticed any changes.
6’1 male 185lbs. 31 years old Lifts 3-4 times a week.

Thanks in advance

You should self-inject 50mg T twice a week, subq not IM, #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringe, pinch up skin over upper leg, inject into end of fold with needle parallel to underlying muscle.

Please post all lab results with ranges in list format.

It takes a few weeks for TRT to start to work. There are changes to gene expression that need to work their way through cells, tissues, organ systems and brain.

Need more info from you.

Weight:
Waist size:

Health issue, meds Rx and OTC.

and more…

Do not neglect thyroid and iodine issues by assuming that this does not apply to you. Most guys have some issues.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you <<<<<<<<<<<
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

1 Like

Thank you for the information I will purchase a new thermometer and monitor daily temperatures upon waking moving forward. The doctor was not really testing for anything related to testosterone or hormones I just requested the T-test to be included with other blood work.

There was one thyroid test included; Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) and my levels were 1.28mcIU/mL.

Height: 6’1
Weight: 185
Waist size:34

No health issues, or medications except the recently prescribed Testosterone.