Do You Think You Have a Strong Deadlift?

Try pulling 400lbs with one hand.

EDIT: Or any of his other lifts with one hand for crying out loud

None of those squats were to depth…

lol jk this was awesome. DL was amazing but i am also amazed with the ability to balance the bar benching.

Thats pretty awesome. Is his hand permanently handicapped?

unreal

Not to one up the guy at all but look up Sam Byrd in the animal cage at the Arnold. Talk about a fucking freak. 650+ at 225lbs NO HANDS SQUAT… unreal.

[quote]Reed wrote:
Not to one up the guy at all but look up Sam Byrd in the animal cage at the Arnold. Talk about a fucking freak. 650+ at 225lbs NO HANDS SQUAT… unreal.[/quote]

Hardly the bloody same.

I’ve done a suitcase deadlift with 500lbs before. But, I have both hands. So, I suck. That guy is a badass.

I was just talking stricly of the squat and was only saying from a no hand perspective. And yes I agree it is not hardly the same thing as Sam used no hands. Also I meant take nothing at all away from the guy thats insanely impressive espeacially the One Arm Bench that was nuts to me. The guys Core must be absolutely freaky. And the Grip to pull 400 over hand from the Front I couldnt do that if I had a gun to my head.

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:
Thats pretty awesome. Is his hand permanently handicapped?[/quote]

yeah, he was in a motorbike accident if I remember rightly

Good Shit!

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
None of those squats were to depth…

lol jk this was awesome. DL was amazing but i am also amazed with the ability to balance the bar benching.[/quote]

If you were a judge, would you be able to live with yourself if you threw him a red light for depth? LOL

I’ve pulled over 700 in competition, but couldn’t get 225 (single handed) off the ground. And I don’t have a good enough dental plan to try to bench with 1 arm.

[quote]Reed wrote:
I was just talking stricly of the squat and was only saying from a no hand perspective. And yes I agree it is not hardly the same thing as Sam used no hands. Also I meant take nothing at all away from the guy thats insanely impressive espeacially the One Arm Bench that was nuts to me. The guys Core must be absolutely freaky. And the Grip to pull 400 over hand from the Front I couldnt do that if I had a gun to my head.[/quote]

It’s also not the same because outside of that squat, Sam has both of his hands to train the squat with when he does train squats.

I’ve seen this lifter before, but it’s still inspiring as hell. I like to post his videos whenever someone has some lame excuses about “bad knees” or elbow pain.

I see what you’re sayin about the deadlift, but actually the bench was the most impressive thing to me by far. 150+ with a barbell is extremely unstable. That takes not only a lot of power in the big muscles but a crazy amount of stabilization strength. What a guy.