Do You Think America Should Do More to Limit Hate Speech?

That was just a two year phase for me. I’m back to the clean cut look.

1 Like

You cannot surrender your US citizenship for economic reasons without first surrendering 30% of your net worth (most applications for surrender are denied).

Before 2018 with the USA’s worldwode tax system expats owed US taxes on foreign earnings even if they never intend to return to the US. I know the Trump tax reform addressed some of this, but I’m not sure if they actually fixed it.

In short, you can check out any time you like… But you can never leave.

So you can still own property in the US if you live in a foreign country.

His argument was “don’t like the USA, leave.” You can leave, but you still have to fund things you don’t agree with… forever.

You can leave Ford and never buy another Ford again if you disagree with them.

The property ownership is irrelevant.

1 Like

Actually, there is no guarantee you can leave. Other countries are not obligated to let disgruntled Americans in. I know some expats, and they aren’t paying the US anything.

So Saturday to Thursday facts are immutable?

Yeah, Dean Reed aka Red Elvis, the most notable American to have defected to East Germany every year filed tax returns for the IRS.

1 Like

They obviously are not.

So is it a immutable fact that facts are mutable?

You all make good points… it’s hard for me to argue for pat-a-topia, when I myself is unsure what exactly it looks like.

1 Like

No, it isn’t.

What isn’t?
Was this the post you intended to respond to?

The fact that facts are mutable is also mutable.

If only everyone would recognize this. This is also why arguing for utopias is ridiculous.

Of course, people demand utopian arguments when it comes to political issues.

No.

Very dangerous.

There is a lot in that little sentence to unravel. To that side I would ask: How much censorship is needed? Who decides? What is a hate group? When is one defined as radicalized? Who decides?

I saw a “Man on the street video” where people in NYC were asked if they had any republican friends. A woman replied, “No, I don’t agree with that radicalism.”

Let’s remember that the foundation of our government is to protect the right’s of the individual, not decide who’s feelings are more important.

1 Like
1 Like

Liberals don’t.

an immutable fact

“Classical liberals?” You’re correct.

Modern/social liberals? They definitely do. Everything they do is intended to bring about some version of utopia.

I don’t use liberal to describe leftists. That was a tactic to discredit liberalism. By what reasoning was Stalin a liberal? But that’s what they wanted people to think.

Utopias are promised by the right and left. MAGA is a utopian slogan.

1 Like