Do You Think America Should Do More to Limit Hate Speech?

I never saw the gay frog thing. The part of Joe’s podcast that I saw was about harvesting post-birth aborted fetuses in Virginia so…

Oh mi gawd.

You are so welcome.

There are some breathtaking (literally, be careful) remixs on YT. Git woke

2 Likes

He’s so angry…

1 Like

Check this out:

3 Likes

You cartoon fans will probably dig this.

1 Like

Reminds me of the evolution guy from One Punch Man.

2 Likes

On that Joe Rogan podcast alone, one guy believes the earth is flat and the moon landing was faked by NASA and the other guy is Alex Jones.

And people want to LIMIT SPEECH??? That’s fucking crazy.

1 Like

Well this is probably a bad example of why we don’t want to limit speech.

After all, hes still defending a suit where he convinced a slew of people the govt faked a school shooting to take everyone’s guns away that caused death threats and permanent doxxing to a number of survivor families that resulted in many of them having to move.

Its important to remember how incredibly stupid the average human is.

I was joking but I don’t think he should be an example why speech should be limited either.

I don’t think people are stupid in general. They are just ill-informed. That doesn’t mean stupid people don’t exist.

Agreed. I was talking more a societal limit than a govt one.

Well. That’s certainly a nicer way to put it than I did lol. I like it

1 Like

I’ll put it this way. I think AOC is way more harmful in than Alex Jones is. But I think she is necessary to bring attention to certain issues that people on both sides normally disregard, with the hope that rational people will eventually step in and provide reasonable solutions.

1 Like

Did you or were you about to give him at least an

?

I wasn’t talking about government regulations

I wasn’t even thinking on the level of add campaigns for kids or DARE type programs or anything of the sort.

If someone has that stuff inside them and it’s causing them discomfort such that they feel they NEED to get it out then I’d just listen and absorb some of it for them. Take the pressure off of them.
If they’ve gotten comfortable with it and have deep beliefs founded on that stuff, then they’ve done just about as much reflecting as they will/can. In this instance I may or may not be able to help with reflecting for them, by asking good questions and expressing disagreement/doubt. In a sense they are asking for help, outsourcing there own reflection. I wouldn’t fight hate with hate

Edit: wouldn’t fight hate with hate on purpose, I probably will on accident a few more times

Yep, I’m saying more people should just work on what they see

It is just my opinion and is therefore most applicable to me at the end of the day

If you are talking about banned words or phrases I agree, but I don’t think anyone here was.

I’ve thought a ton about what you’re talking about but have read very little. Different people are sensitive to different things for different reasons. I’ve changed much over the years in regards to what I’m sensitive to as has everyone else. I will also completely fail to notice things that used to be blatant to me. In other words I’ve become numb and blind to things that I used to be very sensitive towards, years ago. As has everyone else.

To me it’s important to have alignment between what I see/hear, think, feel, and do. I’m still thinking about how to do that and I might find that I can’t, but it’s an experiment I’m trying to try (it’ll take several tries before success or failure). I believe there is some sort of “synchronization” between the perceptions, thoughts, feelings, actions of any individual OR group.

And I do believe that groups can be modeled to have a “group mind” that the individuals within the group are all synchronized with. So for example when I meet up with my old buddy from high school that I haven’t seen in forever, my language and demeanor changes for this reason

It is a society wide problem when big groups become incapable or barely capable of conversing with each other, like long time friendships or even family splitting over what someone thinks of Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. Where the exact problem is can be hard to say, and that’s not my purpose except to state that I’m pretty sure a bunch of people are blind and numb to some important stuff, and some people are overly sensitive to some stuff they should be numb and blind towards.

Actually everyone will do quite a bit of shifting, inevitably.

Hopefully the “group mind” of America will some day become less psychotic and/or split personality like. I believe the “hate speech” phenomena you describe is key, but more on a “group mind” level rather than it being only a personal phenomena

I hope this blabbering provides benefit to someone other than myself - though it does feel good to let out this pressure

But at the end of the day, what makes any and all forms of mind control so bad?

Without context?

Isn’t criticism or expressing disagreement in itself a form of mind control? As are “excessive” questions??? :grin:

I generally just hang with it for a while. I’m truly fascinated by people and how individual perspectives are formed. I also have to be very careful about how I I conduct myself with consideration for a couple of particular conditions that make confrontation a big no-no.

1 Like

Makes sense, I wasn’t meaning to say that hearing crap will make you or anyone stupid or low quality as an individual. I was talking vaguely but I meant groups of people fwiw

We used to call this shit the fringes. You let the loonies talk and the adults who were moderate ignored them and worked together to try and solve issues. Then we started needing litmus tests. Smile at a Democrat? You’re a fucking RINO get out. Think capitalism ain’t all bad? Fuck you that ain’t Democrat’s now.

We started electing the fringes and giving them all the coverage instead of ignoring them like we used to do. Moderate become a curse word and the idea of bipartisanship now is political poison. I mean we elected a guy who was President and before he had done anything said our whole goal is not to have him be successful. And I’m not picking on the right because that is the goal of the left with Trump as well.

We truly let the lunatics run the asylum now. And I don’t see that changing when even the thought of compromise is seen as weakness and being unloyal to the party

5 Likes

But is Trump part of the fringes, though? From what I see, he’s just a gigantic asshole who’s actually quite moderate and the Republicans are now more left than they were just 10 years ago. On the other hand, most of the Democratic nominees have actually signed off on the Green New Deal.

1 Like

I would view him as fringe largely because of his behavior. Fringe to me would usually include crazy. Someone who says they will default on the debt, have low cost health insurance for all, have Mexico pay for the wall, biggest inauguration ever, constantly bashes a dead man, I could go on for a long time.

I will definitely agree that plenty of people can be more far right than him. It’s also hard to know where to put him on the left-right spectrum since he is all over the board on what he wants to do. He may be completely liberal on one issue and as far right as it comes on something else. But then he may completely change his position to the other side the next day.

3 Likes

Agree.
He also gives legitimacy to…and has emboldened the Fringe Right…

That is not my opinion…they have written it and boldly proclaimed that Trump is the person they have been waiting for for a long time…