Do You Think America Should Do More to Limit Hate Speech?

I said this nowhere. I merely pointed out that they are teaching one form of intolerance while punishing another. I never said they were equivalent.

In the article it claimed they were dancing and miming sex acts “to each other” Doing silly racist/sexist/homophobic skits. Dave chapelle made an entire career out of racist/sexist/homophobic skits. Not saying Syracuse should tolerate it or that the students shouldn’t be punished. It’s not like they shot the place up or assaulted people invited to the university to speak. They made stupid insensitive skits.

I doubt rap music or SNL is banned at Syracuse.

Presumably, you pointed it out because you find what’s happening objectionable. Is there a reason you would find this objectionable other than the fact that the two views are equivalent?

Further, you seem to be intimating that it is wrong to teach selective intolerance. Is that correct? Because I think teaching selective intolerance is not just appropriate, but absolutely necessary.

Once again, your position makes sense if and only if you are arguing that the activities mentioned (the racist/etc views expressed on the frat video and Chapelle’s show, rap music and SNL) are all equivalent. Because if they’re not equivalent–if the views expressed on the frat video are significantly more deplorable than Chapelle’s show/rap/SNL–then it makes perfect sense to be intolerant of the one and not the others.

You missed my point. The people who say white privilege exists are past the point of proving it is an actual thing. They have proven it (technically they believe it) and given their “power” others have to accept it as truth.

From what I read, the “tradition” was roasting the older frat members. They decided on this character because the frat member being roasted is a conservative Republican.

It seems to me like they were making fun of the stereotype.

1 Like

Come on, these kids are like literally Hitler.

3 Likes

I’m still not following. Flat Earth is a factual comment, that can be proven or disproven as there is no opinion in the way. If you say “the Earth is flat” in a science class, you’re factually and probably wrong.

White privilege, otoh, is entirely opinion based and can vary by person/place/etc. If you say white privilege doesn’t exist, that’s fine. As it’s entirely opinion based you’d be first required to have the guy define what he means by “white privilege” to even start debating with him.

You never go full Hitler.

2 Likes

You have to recognize you are arguing with sociology, women’s studies, etc., majors, not scientists. Science is racist as well.

This is why professor Weinstein had issues at Evergreen college. He is a leftist but since he is a scientist he couldn’t go full SJW postmodernist wacko.

Someone just got triggered because of that. An actor in blackface using the word retard. All that was missing was him holding a cheeseburger.

2 Likes

You don’t need equivalence for hipocracy. The part I was pointing out is the university sanctioning and teaching a form of intolerance.

You have a son. Are you okay with the 3WF view that he is part of and shares guilt for “rape culture” regardless of how he treats women? He’s guilty because of his gender…

Again, what do you have against ‘sanctioning and teaching intolerance’ per se? Don’t you sanction and teach your kids to be intolerant re things you feel they should be intolerant of?

I understand where they’re coming from. But no, I don’t find that argument compelling. Not sure what this has to do with what we’re talking about, though.

“What kind of punishment could these students face?” Stupid Question. Double-secret probation is the obvious answer.

2 Likes

You cannot be neither, but yes be both. Sigourney Weaver was born with a male genetic profile but developed as a woman. She’s barren, but otherwise in every other way she’s a woman with the ‘xy’ genetic profile.

She’s just developed or has had body dysmorphia. She won woman of the year, when she’s not even yet a woman. And when he decided to be one he’s somebody’s hero. I see someone who’s wiring is all fucked up. And whether or not you see her as a woman, she’s an ugly woman.

You cannot be born white and be black. You can identify as what ever the hell you want, but you are what you are.

Looking at weird facts doesn’t change what facts are. You can be wrong about facts, but the real facts are still the real facts.
Looking at “Ripley’s Believe it or not!” is not a challenge to logic.

Yeah, I have heard the TED talks and shit. I just don’t care that much about it. There are people who do and I am glad they do, because I don’t.
I am just not worried about it, I cannot force myself to worry about it.

1 Like

I, too, would like an answer to this question, @Basement_Gainz. You’re assuming no one was hurt, just because no news organization has reported it. How do you know that no one was hurt during Delta Tau Chi’s filmmaking sessions?

You are living in the wrong world.

I hate fraternities. I think they should be removed from the college experience all together. It isn’t about one fraternity. Just a archaic system that needs to be removed. Just my opinion.

“White Privilege” exists to shut down conversation, nothing more. It’s a racist epitaph.

Maybe. But I know which way is up in my world.

It was by going after one fraternity. Bulldoze the entire fraternity row and then it’s fair. Fuck them all.

EDIT: This goes for sororities too.