Do You Take a Pre-Workout?

That always gets me. “I’m fasting, so it’s just bone broth, lemon juice, and kale smoothies for me!” Yeah, fasting! Same with BCAAs, etc.

2 Likes

Pre-workout 100% mandatory for me, up @ 4:30am hitting gym by 5. Need the boost

Apparently people greatly misunderstand exactly what a fasted state is…

What do you use ? My schedule changes daily and I really have pretty poor workouts early in the day

Similar schedule with different conclusion.

I try different brands but find myself going back to Legion Pulse and Ignition Switch these days. The stim doesn’t make me jittery but gives enough pep

Cool…I dislike the “stimmed” up feeling, personally. I’m actually in the process of developing a nootropic and neurotransmitter based shot for first responders / military types that don’t need the jitters often caused by the stim based stuff.

x2 here! PWO is unregulated and unnecessary and full of crap. A good pre workout meal and a cup of coffee if needed should be totally sufficient.

1 Like

I don’t know. I’ll go with the first guy because I also train fasted. But, 60 minutes before I lift I eat four slices of pizza and have a milkshake. It took me a while to get used to training while in a fasted, keto-like state, but I have adapted.

1 Like

A fasted state is grossly misunderstood…if you’re really eating pizza and a milkshake 60 min before you’re far from a fasted state

Yeah, that sign in hospitals actually says ‘nil by mouth (pizza and milkshake 60 min before surgery is ok)’.

I think you may have a misunderstanding:

The pizza has very little toppings (only pepperoni), is New York style, and eaten very quickly. Also, the shake is made with low fat ice cream and I use a straw (so the carbs aren’t absorbed).

2 Likes

Lately I have been doing the opposite of a traditional pre workout. I started taking CBD oil before my workouts. Will continue.

I’d find a new hospital… Bahaha

I could fast like that indefinitely!

1 Like

Used to buy ingredients and make my own, did that for over a year.

Now I’ve boiled it down to 2 cups of coffee and a caffeine pill, no plans to change that

My bad… hehe

I do a protein shake mixed with beet root powder sometimes after lunch, maybe a 3-4 hours before training

Usually pasta preworkout an hour or two before training

1g Citrulline, whatever dosage in beta alanine, 5g creatine, and whatever dosage CLA/L-Carnitine, and 1g (I think) L Tyrosine. I don’t like PWO mixes. Sometimes I’ll do a flavored coffee drink too

1 Like

In the gym at 5am
No pre workout.
Either drink water, or water with Powerade powder if I feel like some carbs

1 Like

i take mesomorph before the gym because i am shot after work