[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Oh, and all i saw was “hamburger” …[/quote]

That was a direct quote from PX.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Oh, and all i saw was “hamburger” …[/quote]

That was a direct quote from PX.[/quote]

No wonder =p

Akuma you sure have come a long way from being the guy who bench 600 in the smith :wink:

You are putting some good information out there, even if it doesn’t all help me necessarily it is good to see someone going out of their way to help people around here.

Steely you look thick as shit in your new avatar, good work.

/ball swinging hijack.

i totally agree, for the first year or 2 i started training i hit triceps every single time i went to the gym and maybe only my biceps once a week. I hate seeing guys who just bicep work and neglect the tricep.

I live in Egypt at the moment, probably 8 out of 10 guys i see who actually look like they train have minimal tricep development and decent biceps. They look kinda stupid with a bulding vascualr bicep and no swoop on their tricep whatsoever. I guess it is just lack of education.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
I live in Egypt at the moment, probably 8 out of 10 guys i see who actually look like they train have minimal tricep development and decent biceps. They look kinda stupid with a bulding vascualr bicep and no swoop on their tricep whatsoever. I guess it is just lack of education. [/quote]

Oh, I don’t know. A pair of nasty triceps is just as rare as a pair of awesome calves in my experience. Which leads me to believe they are either both magical genetic shortcomings in 95% of the population or are muscle groups that just require a ton of work to look developed.

You have a point about lack of education though. It is perfectly possible to build big biceps by just doing DB curls but conversely it is very unlikely you will build big triceps by doing just pushdowns, it’s a much more complex muscle that generally requires more advanced methods and a strong mind muscle connection that takes years to develop and learn.

We all can’t be Levrone :cry:

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
I live in Egypt at the moment, probably 8 out of 10 guys i see who actually look like they train have minimal tricep development and decent biceps. They look kinda stupid with a bulding vascualr bicep and no swoop on their tricep whatsoever. I guess it is just lack of education. [/quote]

Oh, I don’t know. A pair of nasty triceps is just as rare as a pair of awesome calves in my experience. Which leads me to believe they are either both magical genetic shortcomings in 95% of the population or are muscle groups that just require a ton of work to look developed.

You have a point about lack of education though. It is perfectly possible to build big biceps by just doing DB curls but conversely it is very unlikely you will build big triceps by doing just pushdowns, it’s a much more complex muscle that generally requires more advanced methods and a strong mind muscle connection that takes years to develop and learn.

We all can’t be Levrone :'([/quote]

…or can we…

Gotta love Natty Jeff Rodriguez’s Triceps

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

On to Triceps-
Now, the triceps can be a bit tricky, they are for me atleast. Why you ask? Quite simply put, After my discovery of the need to hit them in different ways to affect the different heads, i thought i was working heads that i actually wasnt. My Triceps Long head is huge, my Lateral head is slowly catching up. For the beginners out there reading this, i suggest you take this opportunity to start applying more focus to your Tricep lateral heads. A way ive read and applied to doing this is simply doing tricep extensions, but pushing the bar away from your body. When you start to focus on the heads of a muscle, it really becomes about feeling it out. It can change from person to person, so you need to find your niche. If we are speaking in terms of just general great triceps exercises, my top favorite 3 would have to be :

A. Dips- I love dips. I do them weighted, bumping by 25 and 45lb plates. I find the trickiest part of dips for me is that i enjoy them for both chest AND triceps; HOWEVER, i do chest and triceps on separate days. So to solve this, i simply have to bend more or straighten myself, and use specific ROMs for the targetted muscle.
B. 1 Armed Overhead Dumbbell extension- A fantastic movement that allows you to get a full, complete ROM, and isolate your triceps, WHILE simultaneously minimalizing possible cheating. You’ll find that aside from cheating yourself with your ROM, it is pretty difficult to cheat in a movement while holding a dumbbell overhead.
C. The Tricep extension, with a Push away from body focus- Now, in an attempt to bring my Lateral head up to speed with the others, this movement is becoming one of my favorites. I used to love tricep extensions early on, but i reached a point where the cables just werent heavy enough, and i soon chose other movements. Then i simply began doing these movements on the Lat pulldown cables, and Viola, its back on the list.
[/quote]

Do these work for the lateral head?:

They involve moving the hands away from the body like you said. I’ve seen these posted on here a few times before but can’t remember what was said about them other than them being good. Also, do PJR Pullover’s do this as well [they’re like a pullover tri extension combo, done with a DB or EZ bar]? I know they’re good and work for me, but I don’t know why, lol.

How would you structure triceps training so that it hit all heads? Would this work?:

Close Grip Smith Machine Bench
PJR Pullovers or Overhead DB Extensions [for the lateral head]
Pushdowns

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:
Gotta love Natty Jeff Rodriguez’s Triceps[/quote]

I dont believe those are that impressive, mainly because they are disproportional. The Long head is tiny and completely overshadowed by the lateral head, and his triceps are too small for his body period.

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

On to Triceps-
Now, the triceps can be a bit tricky, they are for me atleast. Why you ask? Quite simply put, After my discovery of the need to hit them in different ways to affect the different heads, i thought i was working heads that i actually wasnt. My Triceps Long head is huge, my Lateral head is slowly catching up. For the beginners out there reading this, i suggest you take this opportunity to start applying more focus to your Tricep lateral heads. A way ive read and applied to doing this is simply doing tricep extensions, but pushing the bar away from your body. When you start to focus on the heads of a muscle, it really becomes about feeling it out. It can change from person to person, so you need to find your niche. If we are speaking in terms of just general great triceps exercises, my top favorite 3 would have to be :

A. Dips- I love dips. I do them weighted, bumping by 25 and 45lb plates. I find the trickiest part of dips for me is that i enjoy them for both chest AND triceps; HOWEVER, i do chest and triceps on separate days. So to solve this, i simply have to bend more or straighten myself, and use specific ROMs for the targetted muscle.
B. 1 Armed Overhead Dumbbell extension- A fantastic movement that allows you to get a full, complete ROM, and isolate your triceps, WHILE simultaneously minimalizing possible cheating. You’ll find that aside from cheating yourself with your ROM, it is pretty difficult to cheat in a movement while holding a dumbbell overhead.
C. The Tricep extension, with a Push away from body focus- Now, in an attempt to bring my Lateral head up to speed with the others, this movement is becoming one of my favorites. I used to love tricep extensions early on, but i reached a point where the cables just werent heavy enough, and i soon chose other movements. Then i simply began doing these movements on the Lat pulldown cables, and Viola, its back on the list.
[/quote]

Do these work for the lateral head?:

They involve moving the hands away from the body like you said. I’ve seen these posted on here a few times before but can’t remember what was said about them other than them being good. Also, do PJR Pullover’s do this as well [they’re like a pullover tri extension combo, done with a DB or EZ bar]? I know they’re good and work for me, but I don’t know why, lol.

How would you structure triceps training so that it hit all heads? Would this work?:

Close Grip Smith Machine Bench
PJR Pullovers or Overhead DB Extensions [for the lateral head]
Pushdowns[/quote]

Yea, they look like they could use some lateral head in the motion. Honestly, like i said its about feeling it out, and personally ive never done that movement. For the PJR pullovers, personally i wouldnt do them. Throwing more into the equation is just selling one muscle or the other short. If im doing pullovers, im hitting my serratus. If im doing skullcrushers, im hitting my triceps. Combining isnt going to be any more beneficial.

Something like that could work. Personally mine looks similar, except that ill throw in another lateral head focused movement. Something like:

Weighted Dips/close grip bench
2 handed Cable pressdowns/Cable extensions, making sure i push away
Overhead Db extension
Tomahawks- Something i took from Nasser. You do this 1 handed, facing away from the cable machine. You grip the handle high, and raise your arm, basically making your Humerus parallel with the ground, griping the handle in Hammer form. Then extend your arm, putting emphasis on your pinky and slight dorsiflexion on your hand.

^Thanks a lot. Right now I’m doing arms with chest, with all bodyparts being hit twice a week, but when I go to once a week I’ll definitely up the exercises from 3 to 4 the way you suggested.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

…or can we…[/quote]

Levrone’s triceps routine is like 3x20 of triceps pushdowns haha

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

…or can we…[/quote]

Levrone’s triceps routine is like 3x20 of triceps pushdowns haha[/quote]

There are plenty of Wicked Triceps out there. I mean hell, coleman, Priest, Martinez, Dillet, to name a few. From videos ive seen, Im pretty sure they all went heavy and higher rep. 12-15+ reps, with all the cable movements going no lower than 100 and ending on the max/added plates to a stack. Martinez does overhead tri ext for like 12 reps with 100lbs or so. I recall a video of him training arms with Greene back in, i wanna say 2008?

pushdowns, baby!

I saw it again tonight, i was sat in a cafe and there must of been 3 or 4 guys exactly the same, and i notice a lack of traps and a lot of people with ‘Round shoulder’ bicep curls and bench press seem to be the only excerises they know how to do. I’m no Levrone myself but i try to make sure i train everything.

Someone mentioned Levrone got most of his tricep work from training chest and shoulders. What’s funny is I remember him mentioning that he got most of his shoulder work from training chest.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

…or can we…[/quote]

There are plenty of Wicked Triceps out there. I mean hell, coleman, Priest, Martinez, Dillet, to name a few. From videos ive seen, Im pretty sure they all went heavy and higher rep. 12-15+ reps, with all the cable movements going no lower than 100 and ending on the max/added plates to a stack. Martinez does overhead tri ext for like 12 reps with 100lbs or so. I recall a video of him training arms with Greene back in, i wanna say 2008?[/quote]

WHAT I AM SAYING IS 99.9% OF US CAN NOT HAVE AWESOME TRICEPS BY DOING THREE SETS OF CABLE PUSHDOWNS, DO YOU GET ME AKUNAMATATA?!

lol :slight_smile:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

…or can we…[/quote]

There are plenty of Wicked Triceps out there. I mean hell, coleman, Priest, Martinez, Dillet, to name a few. From videos ive seen, Im pretty sure they all went heavy and higher rep. 12-15+ reps, with all the cable movements going no lower than 100 and ending on the max/added plates to a stack. Martinez does overhead tri ext for like 12 reps with 100lbs or so. I recall a video of him training arms with Greene back in, i wanna say 2008?[/quote]

WHAT I AM SAYING IS 99.9% OF US CAN NOT HAVE AWESOME TRICEPS BY DOING THREE SETS OF CABLE PUSHDOWNS, DO YOU GET ME AKUNAMATATA?!

lol :)[/quote]

No, i dont think im following. Could you please draw me a picture, along with labels and pretty colors? Maybe throw an “X” at the end, where you main point is, with a Dash line leading to it…perhaps a treasure chest at the end or something. Maybe offer a toy as a prize for finding your measure…? Or perhaps some candy…I like candy…speaking of candy, i wonder what the color Blue tastes like…Smurfs are blue…Hey wait! What…?

on arm day, my tricep exercises are:
one arm overhead dumbell extensions
v bar cable pushdowns

…is this enough for my lateral (horshoe) head?

my long ass small arms, I have no visible lateral head (obviously I am bulking, but I would like have a nice visible lateral head)

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

…or can we…[/quote]

lol :)[/quote]

No, i dont think im following. Could you please draw me a picture, along with labels and pretty colors? Maybe throw an “X” at the end, where you main point is, with a Dash line leading to it…perhaps a treasure chest at the end or something. Maybe offer a toy as a prize for finding your measure…? Or perhaps some candy…I like candy…speaking of candy, i wonder what the color Blue tastes like…Smurfs are blue…Hey wait! What…? [/quote]

the moral of the story is pineapple.