Do You Sell a Program Strictly for Muscle Growth?

Hey Paul. I’m wondering if you have any free program strictly for muscle growth, or you have a program like that for sale somewhere? I don’t care about strength and athleticism, i only want maximum muscle growth.

The Super Soldier. But I’m working on a new book that is 100% hypertrophy based right now.

1 Like

Ok Paul. Any idea of when that book will be out? Thanks, and happy easter!

I really don’t have any idea right now as I’m actually focused on finishing this carb cycling book, which all of the people in my recomp and hypertrohpy group are having ridiculous results with.

2 Likes

Will purchase this. You have a release date scheduled or still work in progress? (Referring to carb cycling)

Probably within the next two months. I want to run more people through the program to fine tune it before I release it.

1 Like

That’ll be about perfect timing for me. Looking forward to it sir!

Mr Paul I’m really interested in joining your recomp body group if possible.

I will be opening up the next group within the next three weeks.

1 Like

Where can we get more info on this?

Email me. paul@lift-run-bang.com

Hey Paul, a few months back a asked you if you had a program for strictly building muscle and you said you were working on something and I was wondering how it’s coming along? Will it be out for sale soon? If it’s still a while left, I’m wondering if you offer online coaching that would resemble a program like that?
Thanks

Why are you so against getting stronger and/or more “athletic”? Why only getting bigger?

I’m not trying to argue but I’m genuinely curious as to why getting stronger while you get bigger would be unwanted.

I’ve already hit close to a 3x bodyweight deadlift and i just don’t care for it. All i want is muscle gains bro.

1 Like

LOL I’m with you dude.

I won’t ever squat or deadlift again. And I work with a world record holder in powerlifting who says the same. It’s mind blowing to me that so many gym guys that don’t even compete in powerlifting are so hell f’n bent on improving those lifts.

I’m still working on finishing up my carb cycling book but the hypertrophy manual is after that and honestly, I think it’s going to change a lot of thinking about this topic.

Lately I’ve developed more empathy for guys trying to grow because the fact is, there is so much awful information distributed and the way studies are presented don’t offer much in the way of practical use either. I could go on and on about this all day but I’ll just say this…

From what we REALLY know about muscle growth, the majority of information guys are using to maximize it is trash. So I understand why they are so frustrated.

1 Like

I didn’t mean that he had to be squatting, deadlifting, benching, etc. to get bigger. I don’t think you need to. Just wondered what his reasons were.

Do you just mean the big basic versions? If I remember from your IG, you do goblet squats and RDL’s sometimes, right?

This is a vague question, but are there other lifts you would recommend to get stronger at? Like I’ve mainly been doing 5/3/1, not because I care to compete in powerlifting, but because I know I’m at a low enough level that if my squat and deadlift go up 100lbs, I will be bigger and stronger (more so from the squat I think). I also feel like with some conditioning, it’s a fairly well rounded program for my goals.

But say someone just picked some completely random lifts - goblet squats, hip thrusts, DB overhead press, T-Bar row…they liked those lifts and wanted (for whatever reason) to get stronger at them. Is it just a matter of preference, and maybe a little of whatever body limitations you have (due to injuries, etc.)?

Goblet squats aren’t a normal part of my training. I did the one yesterday because that looked fun.

I do RDL’s most often but I’ll never pull a conventional deadlift again. Literally no reason to. It’s a sub-par movement for what it actually does (which is develop the hams and glutes and erectors all the while tiring you the F out).

I always tell people to pick movements for their structure and based on their goals. If someone has no plans to compete in powerlifting then there’s literally zero reason they need to squat, bench, or deadlift. I’ve always been very adamant about that.

But yes they still need to find movements that fit them that they enjoy doing and must get progressively stronger on them in order to grow.

I just don’t ascribe to the low rent meathead mentality anymore of “just do some basics and you’ll get big!”

Because it’s only true to a point. Do the basic movements that FIT YOU. And those aren’t always the squat, bench, and deadlift. In fact, the big three have a LOT of short comings about them when it comes to developing the areas they are inclined to hit.

Thanks. If you don’t mind me asking, what would you tell a beginner who maybe doesn’t have the experience to know what they like better and/or makes them feel better? Like with me, I don’t enjoy benching at all, I wouldn’t be dismayed to not bench very much, but I know I love overhead pressing of all types, and I like pushups (don’t have a very large movement selection personally). A beginner (like a really new one) is often told, say, bench for your chest! What would you tell them if they had not yet found what they liked to do? Just try out different stuff until you find what feels good?

I would tell them to avoid dogma and figure out what their main goals are and to train for those.

IF you don’t care if you bench a lot then why are you benching?

Ha!

I figure if I’m going to follow a program made by someone more experienced than me than I should do it the way it was written, not the way I want. Perhaps I’m wrong but I guess I’ve just always felt that I can change things up once I’ve “earned” it. Maybe it’s time I change that way of thinking though.

I do want to compete in a strongman comp. and a weightlifting meet at least once in the near future, so benching is not a necessity, but I should be squatting, deadlifting, pressing, etc.