Do You Re-Rack Your Weights?

[quote]brauny96 wrote:
in our powerlifting room, i can be a pig, depending on the mood im in, but usually i rack all my weights except like a 45 on each side[/quote]

Same, I never rerack the weights in the PL room simply because its closed off from everywhere else and its sacrilege to go below 315, that and there is only 3 people who use it and 4 platforms so it works out lol.

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
I throw loaded barbells at the threadmills, then I down my Surge, call it a day, and go home.[/quote]

ROFLMFAO! Oh shit, that made my day. I always rack my DBs. It pisses me off when the 150lb resident Billy Badass wearing the XXL big top leaves a single 140lber just there after his 1/512th rep DB tricep over head presses. As for the plates, I unrack the BB within a reasonable. Namely 135.

I always re rack my weights…and it is annoying when I have to take someone else’s off to do my stuff…seriously…it akes two seconds! The trainers at my gym are the worst about putting stuff back…whatevs!

I do, but it’s because I lift at a “weekend warrior” gym.

Most soccer moms don’t warm up with 135 on the bench.

If I went to a gym filled with actual lifters, I probably wouldn’t think twice about leaving a plate on either side of the bar.

I have never even considered NOT re-racking! I mean that’s just plain rude!! When the bar is sitting there on the rack loaded that usually means someone’s using it…right? Well I know it bugs the shit out of me when I see this… I walk away - do something else - and after 5-10 minutes no one has touched it. That’s time wasted I could have been doing what I wanted just cuz some ass decided to be lazy and not re-rack. As you can see this is one of my hugest gym pet peeves! C’mon…it’s not that hard!

of course! always pick up after yourself re rack for sure

I never re-rack. EVER. I figure, you know, “if you can’t lift this, then why are you here, motherfucker?!” Just because someone’s starting at a physically smaller or weaker level [like them loser motherfuckers that started lifting at 105# when fully dressed], are coming off of cracked or broken vertebrae, other injuries, or whatever, doesn’t mean they can’t BEND THAT BAR, SON!

Totally cool, though. I do my squats, drink my milk, deadlift on occasion, and I also have the best spiked hair in this bitch. Also, there’s only one kinda bomb I like, and that’s a MOTHERFUCKIN’ YAGERBOMB, BOI! CHECK THE TAPOUT TATS! I’M GETTING SOOOO WAASTED TONITE! bUT somethimes I feel so lonely. So I leave the weights on the bar, the DBs on the floor, or at odd places, then watch other people pick up after me.

Send cookies.

[/pretty fly for a douche, guy]

I hate assholes that don’t rerack their weights

Beerpong is a different story

[quote]dr.mcmc wrote:
At the same gym, and at end of the day, all the discarded dumbbells in front of the dumbbell rack create a damn obstacle course! It’s almost dangerous. I can’t figure it out. It’s probably the very same douchebags who don’t flush after curling one out in the john[/quote]

I think not re-racking dumbbells is fucking bullshit. I’ve never seen anyone not do it before, but leaving them rolling around (especially in front of the rack) is a sure sign of a douche.

It’s not just about courtesy at that point, but safety. When you’re trying to hustle a a pair of 110’s+ back to a bench you’re using, the LAST thing you should have to think about is tripping over a pink barbie weight.

Putting them back out of order is lame, but only because I like to keep that shit in order. I usually fix it myself and don’t think twice about it.

Different point of view here… I’m totally blind so by-the-time I finished unloading 345 from the squat rack…you know, could get time consuming. However if I have time I will do it. On the flip side, I like it when there’s some weight left on before me.

[quote]anonym wrote:

I think not re-racking dumbbells is fucking bullshit. I’ve never seen anyone not do it before, but leaving them rolling around (especially in front of the rack) is a sure sign of a douche.[/quote]

At my gym there are unracked DB and plates everywhere even though I know the owners rack everything at least once a day.

What pisses me off even more than unracked weights are the fucking retards who rack 5s, 10s, 25s and 45s on the same weight-tree peg because they are too brain-fucking-dead to realize different pegs are meant for different weights.

[quote]missmg1976 wrote:
I always re rack my weights…and it is annoying when I have to take someone else’s off to do my stuff…seriously…it akes two seconds! The trainers at my gym are the worst about putting stuff back…whatevs![/quote]

your going to be popular around here…

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
missmg1976 wrote:
I always re rack my weights…and it is annoying when I have to take someone else’s off to do my stuff…seriously…it akes two seconds! The trainers at my gym are the worst about putting stuff back…whatevs!

your going to be popular around here…[/quote]

yup, she seems super knowledgable

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
missmg1976 wrote:

your going to be popular around here…[/quote]

Haha, sounds cryptic when I look at your avatar;)

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
missmg1976 wrote:

yup, she seems super knowledgable[/quote]

I’ve been lifting for a long time…

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
I throw loaded barbells at the threadmills, then I down my Surge, call it a day, and go home.[/quote]

^this, hahaha anyone else just have a mental image of some cardio bunnies screaming and crying? no? maybe just me… ha

[quote]missmg1976 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
missmg1976 wrote:

[/quote]

really? I couldn’t tell. Your ripped abs and defined legs were distracting me

[quote]missmg1976 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
missmg1976 wrote:

[/quote]

i think he meant “knowledgable” in the: “sweet jesus i want to lick your abs” kind of way.

[quote]missmg1976 wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
missmg1976 wrote:

Haha, sounds cryptic when I look at your avatar;)[/quote]

Lol, it’s a reference to you being very attractive and the massive e-flirting around here. NTTAWWT

[quote]sylarmst wrote:
When the bar is sitting there on the rack loaded that usually means someone’s using it…right? [/quote]

if there is only weight on the bar and no person is there and they didn’t leave anything to claim it(towel, keys, phone, water bottle) the bar is up for grabs in my opinion and sometimes i do take shit when someone is not done with it and i will gladly get off if they have the balls to walk up to me and tell me they weren’t done. You should act the same way, and you are a woman, i doubt many guys would kick you off. i mean, they might watch you squat, but not kick you off:)