T Nation

Do You Need Training Help?

What is up with these guys at the gym??

So last night, I started Ian King’s 12 weeks to Great Guns. I printed out the article and took it with me so I could make sure and use all the correct tempo, loading, supersetting, etc. parameters that Ian calls for.

Midway through the workout I hear a loud bang and think someone was just shot. Oh no, it is just some guy (with the wind breaker on unzipped to half way down his chest) doing what I guess was shrugs with the Smith Machine. He had it loaded up with two plates on each side (not herculian by any means) and proceeded to do shrugs like he was throwing up with the weight banging off the stops as he bounced it back up for another rep.

I didn’t really think much of it other than some people have no idea what they are doing. Then, lo and behold, as I finish up my close-grip inclines and am looking through my papers to find the next exercise, I hear…“hey what are you working on?” I explain I just started a new program by Ian King for arm specialization. He gives me a look like I have no idea what I am talking about and then asks me what my goals are because he would be more than happy to give me some training advice. Are you kidding me, the guy was about 5’ 9" 260 and 20% bodyfat with shaved eyebrows (although he claims that he has ballooned recently because he plays arena football…otherwise he never gets above 6% bodyfat).

WHERE DO THESE GUYS COME FROM???

Geez…

Next time you see him just look at him dead in the face and say…

“Tube Steak Boogie”

(refer to the dealing with trolls thread)

[quote]cca wrote:
Are you kidding me, the guy was about 5’ 9" 260 and 20% bodyfat with shaved eyebrows (although he claims that he has ballooned recently because he plays arena football…otherwise he never gets above 6% bodyfat).

WHERE DO THESE GUYS COME FROM???

Geez…[/quote]

What a tool, why would anyone gain bodyfat for football?

Tube steak boogie…it’s catching on!