Dip 3 x 10
Heavy Sit Up 3 x 10
Close Bench 3 x 10
Neg Chin 3 x 3
Sit Up combo 3 x 40
DB Curl 3 x 10
Skull Crushers 3 x 10
Bench sit 3 x 10

Obviously i've missed the weights out but what do you think?

You shouldn’t get so set on specific numbers of reps. Almost everything on there is x10 or 20. You need to do the exercises and feel what rep range works better for you.

I just feel that you’re going to be doing the whole “Ope, I did my 10 reps I’m done with this set” thing with that routine. Going to failure is good and so is pyramiding up.

Also, what’s with only 1 set of good mornings and flys?

*obligatory eat a lot.

All the 3x10 makes it seem like a lot. Think you can do that in an hour?

Overall the exercise selection and number looks decent. The rep ranges and number of sets could use a little tweaking. I would advise lower reps (and/or sets) for the squats and deadlifts.

You may find you prefer lower reps with certain exercises so you can go with full intensity while keeping good form and high reps on others. Go at this for a few weeks and see what you prefer.

How is your intensity? Going to failure, or stopping short? Forced reps? These go into play with how much volume you should do. If you’re going to failure on every set, lower the volume a tad.

I’d take the rep count down a bit, go heavier, and also it’s looking like too much volume IMO. I’d cut some exercises out.

I superset and triset some of the exercises so i get through it ok.
Just going to use this rep and set range for a few more weeks then change it up so i’m doing less reps and more sets (5 x 5) on the bigger lifts. (squat, bench, deads). I like to pound my legs and back so i work them pretty hard.
on tue and thur i do a running session at my local track which is different sprints. I also cycle 6miles most days to and from my work

Your workout is ridiculous.

why?

[quote]Artem wrote:

Also, what’s with only 1 set of good mornings and flys?

[/quote]

nothing wrong with adding an isolation exercise at the end, just to pump up the muscle as much as possible. i believe thats why its listed as a high rep set.

doesnt really look too bad. if your goal is bodybuilding, you need to do a variety of exercises. leaving no stone unturned, so to speak. not that you focus on specific weaknesses early on, but making sure everything gets work is a good idea.

it isnt really that much volume, when you look at it. 15-18 total sets. except arm/ ab day, which is around 30, but its 3 muscle groups. im curious how long you have done this or a similar routine, and what results you’ve seen from it.

no it looks shit

try again

[quote]bob_sander87 wrote:
I’d take the rep count down a bit, go heavier, and also it’s looking like too much volume IMO. I’d cut some exercises out.[/quote]

agreed , especially for a beginner

good chat hardgnr and marlboroman…thanks for the constructive comments