Do You Guys Think I Need TRT?

So this is my first post here, resorted to this since I’ve no-one close to me that really knows about this stuff and I don’t really have the finances to get blood tests done without substantial belief that it will lead to something.

I’m a 17 (nearly 18) year old guy, standing 6’3" (192cm) and weighing only 78Kg (172 lb). I was badly underweight (65Kg/143 lb) a year and a half ago, and I started hitting the gym. A year and a half later (about 14 of the roughly 18 months were on good programs) I’ve only put on 15Kg and most of my lifts have stalled. Moreover, there has only been a slight change in physique, most of it has gone to belly fat. I’ve been eating well and trying to get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep a night, though I’ve always suffered from insomnia since my grade 8 year (age 14) so it has been a bit iffy here and there.

My sex drive is very “eh”. I’m single, and have been for a while, and I’ll go some weeks rubbing one out nearly every day and some weeks where I don’t bust a nut at all (which is a bit of a cheat code for No Nut November), though more often than not it is the latter. I’ve also found myself just drained, without energy quite often these days (though this could be more down to depression and insomnia killing my sleep).

In short, sorry for the whole damn essay (needed some practice for my English exam next week ;)), but I’ve listed everything I can think of that relates to this issue and I just need some guidance. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you talked to a doctor? Ran any blood tests?

Not yet. Like I said, I don’t really have the spare funds to get blood tests done unless I have a fair bit of hope that something will come of it

@holtzweezy
If you want to answer the question in the title then you need bloodwork. There’s no other way of knowing.

This is a reason for low testosterone, then again low testosterone can cause poor sleep. You don’t get enough sleep, your hormones can’t regenerate.

7 hours may be a little short on sleep, you need a minimum 8 hours of sleep. Those who say their education or job is more important will have hormonal problems in the not so distant future.

You need labs in order to get advice, until then you are on dead-end road. I’m willing to bet the farm your hormones are low.

You need Total T, Free T, SHBG, estrogen, prolactin, CBC, LH and FSH at a minimum. Lipids would be good as well. A thyroid panel wouldn’t hurt either.

When my testosterone is low, all the fat goes to my belly, but when my testosterone is optimal, fat is redistributed evenly throughout my body even without any weight changes.

Sorry for the late reply, been busy writing exams.
Thanks for the help and advice, I’ll look into getting blood work done and see about the results.

Will check out all of these, once again many thanks for the help