Do You Guys Ever Do Overhead Cable Curls?

[quote]TheBigV wrote:
Akuma01 wrote:
I believe lee priest does these actually, and he has some freakish arms.

all thanks to the hercules curl too![/quote]

Thats not the point, no one body part is completely built through 1 and only 1 exercise. The point is that when you see Professionals including certain exercises in their routine, one might consider including them in their own routine, because frankly, results dont lie.

I think the picture at the top helps my point out A LOT!!!

The reason for this movement is it allows the “bodybuilder” to pose in the mirror while exercising.

You would look ridicilous if you were to standin frontof the mirror (unless you were Mr. Olympia) and start going through your poses.

But that is effectivley what this exercise allows you to do…while not making you looks ridiculous. He is effectivly doing a curl right? Then why are his lats flexed? Why are his pec flexed? Because its an exercise which allows a great picture/pose.

The only other exercise I can recall off the top of my head at the moment are low cable crossover!!
I remember hearing Shawn Ray discuss on Muscular Development in a video that he NEVER did crossovers until a few months before contests.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
TheBigV wrote:
Akuma01 wrote:
I believe lee priest does these actually, and he has some freakish arms.

all thanks to the hercules curl too!

Thats not the point, no one body part is completely built through 1 and only 1 exercise. The point is that when you see Professionals including certain exercises in their routine, one might consider including them in their own routine, because frankly, results dont lie. [/quote]

You might consider doing what professionals, but preferably if you have similar conditioning, experience, nutrition (and supplementation) and perhaps genetics.

Results don’t like, true, but they aren’t just exclusively a function of the exercises. Attributing results to exercise alone borders on superstition. A muscular 5’10" 200+lbs dude in his late 20’s-early 30’s with X years of experience in lifting might consider Hercules curls as Priest does. A 5’10", 18 year old, 150lbs kid that has only done b-ball should not.