Do You Eat Grass Fed Beef?

[quote]lixy wrote:
bw1985 wrote:
I can’t find grass fed beef in any supermarket by my house…I asked the butcher there if they had grass fed beef and he said “I’ve never heard of that before”

Pastured chicken? what is that?

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is part of what’s wrong with the world today.[/quote]

Fuck off lixy. You know dick about the subject.

[quote]Tagio wrote:
trader joe’s has some affordable grass fed meat (“free range,” not confined to a feedlot) which i eat every week, i find it has a nice flavor especially with lots of salt and pepper, not overcooked. i buy the tri-tip roast which is about 5$/lb, roast the whole thing (about 2 lbs of meat) cut it into 4 servings and have 1 as part of dinner until it’s gone. it comes in pre-marinated flavors too but they contain sodium citrate so i go with the plain version[/quote]

Free Range is not the same thing as Grass Fed. If it is “affordable” grass fed - the bovine is consuming more than just grass.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Maybe marginally. No raw beef contains artificial ingredients, or preservatives - unless you are buying sausage, or bologna, or weinnies.

[/quote]

Well that’s the best ground chuck they had. And being on a limited college budget I doubt I could afford true grass fed beef anyway. I figure as long as I’m eating beef and lifting heavy shit of the ground on a regular basis, I’m still ahead of my age group.

[quote]bw1985 wrote:
where do you get the grass fed beef from?[/quote]

you can get it from Publix. I’ll sometimes buy their Greenwise steak, which are raised vegetarian.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
bw1985 wrote:
I can’t find grass fed beef in any supermarket by my house…I asked the butcher there if they had grass fed beef and he said “I’ve never heard of that before”

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is part of what’s wrong with the world today.

Fuck off lixy. You know dick about the subject. [/quote]

Wow! Such aggression…

A butcher who never heard of grass fed beef and an 18 year old who doesn’t know pastured chicken is NOT normal.

Thats what I got was greenwise, but if you read I think one of rainjack’s posts in this thread its not the same as grass fed

Pick up the book “The Omnivore’s Dilemma”, that’s where I learned about corn-fed cattle and was pretty disgusted by what I read.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Tagio wrote:
trader joe’s has some affordable grass fed meat (“free range,” not confined to a feedlot) which i eat every week, i find it has a nice flavor especially with lots of salt and pepper, not overcooked. i buy the tri-tip roast which is about 5$/lb, roast the whole thing (about 2 lbs of meat) cut it into 4 servings and have 1 as part of dinner until it’s gone. it comes in pre-marinated flavors too but they contain sodium citrate so i go with the plain version

Free Range is not the same thing as Grass Fed. If it is “affordable” grass fed - the bovine is consuming more than just grass. [/quote]

:frowning: i figured as much. still probably a significant step up from generic store brand. it’s also marked no antibiotics, no hormones and it’s delicious so i feel pretty good about it as part of my diet.

[quote]lixy wrote:
rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
bw1985 wrote:

Wow! Such aggression…

A butcher who never heard of grass fed beef and an 18 year old who doesn’t know pastured chicken is NOT normal.[/quote]

Because you are who you are, lixy. Changing forums does not change that.

Grass fed beef is a new marketing angle. I would not expect a butcher worth his salt - a real butcher - to have knowledge of such inferior meat.

Pastured chickens is also a term I have never heard before, and I have been neck deep in the beef/meat industry for the better part of my adult life.

being that you are from morroco, or whever ever it is in Africa you and your “cells” hang out - I really don’t think you should be offering any type of meat advice. At least not to AMericans that are used to some standard of safety.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
bw1985 wrote:

Wow! Such aggression…

A butcher who never heard of grass fed beef and an 18 year old who doesn’t know pastured chicken is NOT normal.

Grass fed beef is a new marketing angle. I would not expect a butcher worth his salt - a real butcher - to have knowledge of such inferior meat.

Pastured chickens is also a term I have never heard before, and I have been neck deep in the beef/meat industry for the better part of my adult life.

being that you are from morroco, or whever ever it is in Africa you and your “cells” hang out - I really don’t think you should be offering any type of meat advice. At least not to AMericans that are used to some standard of safety. [/quote]

Which ironically makes them the most obese and poisoned by their groceries people there are.

And I am willing to bet that the average Moroccan beef is free of anti-biotics, AAS and corn.

Repeat after me: Moroccan beef is better than US beef.

So is beef from Argentine.

While I am at it, every European nation has better beer, France and Spain has better wine, Japan has better fish and Austria builds,

wait for it,

better guns than Texas.

[quote]orion wrote:

better guns than Texas.

[/quote]

Your guns haven’t proved that successful so far in world history.

[quote]orion wrote:
rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
bw1985 wrote:

Wow! Such aggression…

being that you are from morroco, or whever ever it is in Africa you and your “cells” hang out - I really don’t think you should be offering any type of meat advice. At least not to AMericans that are used to some standard of safety.

Which ironically makes them the most obese and poisoned by their groceries people there are.

And I am willing to bet that the average Moroccan beef is free of anti-biotics, AAS and corn.

Repeat after me: Moroccan beef is better than US beef.

So is beef from Argentine.

While I am at it, every European nation has better beer, France and Spain has better wine, Japan has better fish and Austria builds,

wait for it,

better guns than Texas.
[/quote]

Being that this is not the political forum, and there are people here that might actually believe your opinion for fact - could you please support your position with something other than your word? What experience do you have other than as a consumer, and part time cow-milker?

I am particularly interested in your knowledge of the Moroccan beef industry.

If you want to go in the gutter, take your lies, and opinions back to the political forums, where they can continue to be laughed at and ridiculed in the proper context.

In short, you lack any facts that even pertain to the subject at hand. Defending lixy is probably not going to help anyone out here that might be looking to buy the best quality meat for the lowest price.

Try not to take it so personally next time lixy is told to sit down and shut up.

[quote]Digity wrote:
Pick up the book “The Omnivore’s Dilemma”, that’s where I learned about corn-fed cattle and was pretty disgusted by what I read.[/quote]

Vegetarian beef can be corn fed beef.

Most propaganda is designed to be disgusting. Beef cattle have been being fed grain for eons.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Digity wrote:
Pick up the book “The Omnivore’s Dilemma”, that’s where I learned about corn-fed cattle and was pretty disgusted by what I read.

Most propaganda is designed to be disgusting. Beef cattle have been being fed grain for eons. [/quote]

Firstly, I never said anything about vegetarian beef. I distinctly said grass-fed beef. Look at the title of the topic. It doesn’t say: “Do You Eat Vegetarian Beef?”

A cattle’s natural diet is grass. Grains have to be prepared by humans to be fed to cattle. Do you see the distinction? Before humans came along and herded up the cattle they were left to eat grass on the plains. The animals that we evolved off of were roaming around eating forage and what not.

As a bodybuilder, you must admit that what you put in your mouth effects your body, correct? If so, then isn’t it reasonable that the nutritional profile of a cow fed primary corn would be different than a cow fed primarily grass? Turns out there is a difference in the omega 3:6 ratio and composition in vitamins and minerals. You can’t pass that off as propaganda, because there’s scientific data to back up these claims. Interestingly enough, the nutritional profile of cattle fed grass is healthier for humans. This shouldn’t be a huge surprise since we evolved off of grass feeding animals.

Ever wonder why there’s so many e-coli scares with meat? It’s related to their diet. There’s a whole slew of problems with corn-fed beef. Anyway, rather than being close-minded and flippant the least you could do it read the book and decide for yourself.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

being that you are from morroco, or whever ever it is in Africa you and your “cells” hang out - I really don’t think you should be offering any type of meat advice. At least not to AMericans that are used to some standard of safety. [/quote]

You post shit about American standards for beef. American beef cannot even be sold over seas dumbshit http://www.preventcancer.com/consumers/general/hormones_meat.htm

Pastured chickens are not raised in small cages like most factory hens, and as such have better muscle and are healthier. There is more I could write but if you were not such a lazy person (the same sort of laziness that leads to abuse of steroids like the guy in your avatar) you would do some reading on your own.

[quote]Digity wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Digity wrote:

Most propaganda is designed to be disgusting. Beef cattle have been being fed grain for eons.

Firstly, I never said anything about vegetarian beef. I distinctly said grass-fed beef. Look at the title of the topic. It doesn’t say: “Do You Eat Vegetarian Beef?”

A cattle’s natural diet is grass. Grains have to be prepared by humans to be fed to cattle. Do you see the distinction? Before humans came along and herded up the cattle they were left to eat grass on the plains. The animals that we evolved off of were roaming around eating forage and what not.

As a bodybuilder, you must admit that what you put in your mouth effects your body, correct? If so, then isn’t it reasonable that the nutritional profile of a cow fed primary corn would be different than a cow fed primarily grass? Turns out there is a difference in the omega 3:6 ratio and composition in vitamins and minerals. You can’t pass that off as propaganda, because there’s scientific data to back up these claims. Interestingly enough, the nutritional profile of cattle fed grass is healthier for humans. This shouldn’t be a huge surprise since we evolved off of grass feeding animals.

Ever wonder why there’s so many e-coli scares with meat? It’s related to their diet. There’s a whole slew of problems with corn-fed beef. Anyway, rather than being close-minded and flippant the least you could do it read the book and decide for yourself.[/quote]

Sorry for mixing you up with the people that are using the term vegetarian chicken. My bad.

I have to go through this same process every time one of these GFB threads start up.

1. Yes - cattle are ruminants. They have the ability to host micro-flora that can digest cellulose.

2. Grains do not have to be “prepared”. Cattle will rip apart a field of black-eyed peas. Cattle will eat the hell out of whole cottonseed.

3. Given a preference, cattle will choose the higher nutrient foodstuff. In other words, if given a free choice, they will eat grain before grass.

4. Man has known #3 for centuries. Grain fed beef is not a new development.

5. Grain fed beef tastes better, has better marbling, and is far more efficient to raise than grass fed beef.

6. There are no universal standards as to what constitutes grass fed. Unless you take your beef and have it tested in a lab, there is no guarantee as to what you are getting.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

… [/quote]

I have never heard the term “pastured” either. I assumed it meant free range.

[quote]Fawkes wrote:

You post shit about American standards for beef. American beef cannot even be sold over seas dumbshit http://www.preventcancer.com/consumers/general/hormones_meat.htm

Pastured chickens are not raised in small cages like most factory hens, and as such have better muscle and are healthier. There is more I could write but if you were not such a lazy person (the same sort of laziness that leads to abuse of steroids like the guy in your avatar) you would do some reading on your own.

[/quote]

You cite a cancer website as proof that the US “can’t even export beef overseas”. That’s nice. but EEC is not the entire world. We export tons of beef to Japan. What? You are wrong? Abso-fucking-lutely, poindexter. The only reason we can’t export to Europe is because we use hormones.

Pastured chickens are called Free Range chickens. I have been in this industry for over 20 years, and this is the first time I have ever heard free range called pastured.

But please - keep it coming with the insults. For a man of your obvious superior intellect, and “schooling” - you sure are easy to get all worked up.

[quote]Digity wrote:

[/quote]
And we have evolved as they have in the last 10,000 years. In fact I recently read that we are evolving at an increasingly accelerated rate.

It is my understanding that the omega 3’s in grass fed beef is still pretty low. You are better off spending your money on fish oil than going through the big expense of grass fed beef.

[quote]

Ever wonder why there’s so many e-coli scares with meat? It’s related to their diet. There’s a whole slew of problems with corn-fed beef. Anyway, rather than being close-minded and flippant the least you could do it read the book and decide for yourself.[/quote]

The e-coli problems are due to the handling of the beef.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Pastured chickens are called Free Range chickens. I have been in this industry for over 20 years, and this is the first time I have ever heard free range called pastured.

[/quote]

Oh my god you are stupid. Pastured chickens and free range chickens are not the same. Geez, you are so fucking stupid. How many years have you been in the beef/meat industry? You must be one brain damaged moron.

Pastured chickens and free range are NOT the same. pastured chickens are not allowed back into their own droppings for one thing. Man you are stupid. Who reminds you to keep breathing?

http://home.rica.net/phelbert/chickens/ Just read the first FAQ after the brief history.

Many how could a human being be more stupid. The only reason anyone would believe a word you say here is the steroid bloated picture in your avatar. People must see it and think you know something about training - what you know is how to cheat and inject yourself with copious amounts of illegal drugs. You don’t even know the first thing about your own industry. I know more than you about the beef/meat industry and I don’t even work in it - what does that say about your knowledge? It means you know almost nothing about what you know best, and therefore you know less than nothing about everything else. How could you work that long in an industry and not know even the first things about it. Wow., you are STUPID