Do You Drink Coffee?

Good coffee from an indepedent coffee shop if I want to enjoy it. Instant coffee or caffeine pills if I need it as a stim.

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:
I never drink it hot though.[/quote]

Same here, I’m drinking an iced coffee right now. The coffee snobs may turn their nose up, but the hazlenut flavored stuff is my favorite (I like the dunkin donuts brand).

gallons everyday all the time

cafe con leche de soy for me…

Coffee was brought to us by gods riding golden chariots. I fucking love the stuff. Drink it during training all the time. Water immediately afterwards. For reference, here is the indisputable hierarchy of the coffee chains

DD > Tim Hortons > Starbucks

Once in a great while.

I don’t need it to get up in the morning. Dwarfs jump up all enthused and ready to take on the day… like a puppy.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]byukid wrote:

…I also want to make it clear: Mormons can have caffeine. A lot choose not to. But caffeine is not why coffee is prohibited. To be honest, no specific reason has ever been given, though a lot of people like to assume reasons…[/quote]

I disagree. I think the INITIAL reason was indeed caffeine.

Caffeine is a drug. A recreational drug if you will. Recreational drugs are taboo within LDS doctrine (as with many other religious denominations).

But then caffeine started showing up in soda pop and Mormons LOVE their pop. So the caffeine prohibition had to be (conveniently) overlooked.[/quote]

My only issue with that is I’ve never seen any quotations from early LDS leaders explicitly mentioning caffeine. I could be wrong.

I love my coffee, around 8 cups a day. The only downside is if I don’t have any, I suffer horrible withdrawal.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Tons.

Italian roast.

Black as coal.

Scalding hot.

Fresh ground extra fine.

Brewed super strong. Super thick. 1/2" of sludge at the bottom of the cup.

[/quote]

This with just Heavy Cream. Go through Half a pot. Buy a grinder and grind your own beans makes a difference. If you work in the medical field it is a requirement to care for people if you dont drink coffee you have no soul, like a ginger. [/quote]

If you ever had to stand late night watches the above is a must read. With or without the cream. Every day at least 3 cups.

I drink a ton of green tea. You still get a little caffeine, get a ton of antioxidants, and it makes you way better at karate.

[quote]biglifter wrote:
Coffee was brought to us by gods riding golden chariots. I fucking love the stuff. Drink it during training all the time. Water immediately afterwards. For reference, here is the indisputable hierarchy of the coffee chains

DD > Tim Hortons > Starbucks[/quote]

Has DD changed/improved their coffee in the past 4 years? I remember the last time I was in the states for vacation I wondered how people drank that slop water. That being said, Tims is unemployment swill.

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

Has DD changed/improved their coffee in the past 4 years? I remember the last time I was in the states for vacation I wondered how people drank that slop water. That being said, Tims is unemployment swill.[/quote]

Tims is unemployment swill??? YOU SHUT YOUR UNCANADIAN WHORE MOUTH!!!

Is what I would have said a few years ago. It seems like it’s quality has dropped substantially in the last year or so. At the same time, I noticed that McDonalds coffee has improved substantially. It makes me wonder if they switched suppliers.

And X2 on DD, I found it pretty awful the last time I had it, which was around 2004 or 2005.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I used to. I like the way it makes me feel but I’m switching to green tea for now because coffee causes vasoconstriction, and whenever I drink it I don’t feel like I’m as ‘metabolically active’ in the morning as I should be (due to the restricted blood flow I’m guessing).
[/quote]

Caffeine is a vasodilator…

That being said, if I even smell coffee in the AM, I need to make a beeline to the john.

[quote]fraggle wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

Has DD changed/improved their coffee in the past 4 years? I remember the last time I was in the states for vacation I wondered how people drank that slop water. That being said, Tims is unemployment swill.[/quote]

Tims is unemployment swill??? YOU SHUT YOUR UNCANADIAN WHORE MOUTH!!!

Is what I would have said a few years ago. It seems like it’s quality has dropped substantially in the last year or so. At the same time, I noticed that McDonalds coffee has improved substantially. It makes me wonder if they switched suppliers.

And X2 on DD, I found it pretty awful the last time I had it, which was around 2004 or 2005.[/quote]

I used to call people out for showing the disrespect as well. I’m with ya on the McDonalds coffee though. All though I think in this case it might simply be because their coffee used to be just plain offensive to the mouth, but they’ve really made a push lately with the McCafe. Still has nothing on Just Us blends, especially their espresso!

[quote]Nards wrote:
This may sound like heresy but I went back to instant coffee. Nescafe.[/quote]

Yeah, me too. Is this an Asia thing?

God damn coffee makers are just too expensive in this country…

Never drank any caffeine through 5yrs of college (minus the occasional sparks).

Started working full time, started drinking coffee. Haven’t looked back.

I used to work at this restaurant and the employees were allowed to have free coffee. I abused the shit out of this privilege. I’d get there an hour before lunch was served and make two quadruple shots of espresso and pour it over ice. I’d do this two or three times throughout the day sometimes.

When I was in high school I worked at a Starbucks. My first week there the other employees were telling me about the store record for most espresso shots in half an hour. I can’t remember the exact number, but it was somewhere in the twenties. I fucking shattered it with 36 shots in 30 minutes.

I’m part of the tea crowd, mostly because it still provides caffeine without tasting like sewer water. Green tea is great, though I’m currently drinking black due to slightly higher caffeine content.

Also, caffeine pills are fantastic. I’ve been using them pre-workout for about a year, and once again this allows me to avoid the godawful taste of coffee.

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

Yeah, the DD is pretty good nowadays. Tims is just watery, unflavored something. Kinda comparable to heating up the liquid that leaked through your week old garabage and collected in the bottom of the can. Starbucks is just all-around gay and I assume some of that gayness leaches into the coffee.

Had a friend who drank some and it dropped 50 lbs. off his deadlift. That and the over roasting is why I stay away. One I forgot on the good list is Green Mountain. I find it every so often in random convenience stores, and I rather enjoy it.

I fucking love coffee.

I drink it black.

It doesn’t matter where it comes from (7-11, AMPM, Tims, Starbucks, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf) as long as it’s a large size and it’s black and there’s nothing else in it but heat and coffee.