Do You Drink and Wake Up Early?

I don’t know why, but whenever I drink I am up at the crack of dawn. More often then not I will do something(watch tv) for about 2 hours then go back to bed. Can’t seem to figure out why this happens. I wake up earlier after drinking then I do for class.

What about you guys?

Same, I had a bit of a bender last night and woke up this morning at 8:30 - that’s unheard of for me on a Sunday, especially after drinking.

Not sure why this happens - maybe cause of the dehydration?

When I was younger I used to be able to get totally cunted then sleep in til noon and feel not too bad but these days if I get twated I wake really early and cant get back to sleep.

me too and i usually wake up well into the afternoon on days off

Alcohol is a depressant so it does cause you to fall asleep, but as soon as it wears off you will wake up.

In psych class they taught us that alcohol is not a good solution to insomnia, as it only worsens the problem.

But in your cases, I would suggest less MTV.

[quote]King of Vice wrote:

But in your cases, I would suggest less MTV.[/quote]

or maybe comedy central? =)

i used to be the same (still am sometimes); i can get totally smashed and wake up around 5/6 am (usually to take a leak or check if the condom broke, but still… that counts, right?)…

after a quick breakfast (usually a protein shake) i hit the bed again for another 2 hrs to sober up completely…

When you drink, right before you go to bed just take a sleeping pill. then you’ll sleep forever.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
When you drink, right before you go to bed just take a sleeping pill. then you’ll sleep forever.[/quote]

Sometimes literally.

This would only happen to me when I get really tanked. It is the alcohol leaving my body and jolting me awake.

I can never sleep more than 4-5 hours after drinking. I wake up and just seem to have a burts of energy for some reason.

Same exact thing here, I wake up after about 4-5 hours from when I slept and need toilet real bad. After this I am normally starving as well so I grab a protein shake, by the time I have done those I can’t get back to sleep so normally just wake up and get on with the day and take a nap in the afternoon…

ShadoW

The only time I wake early from drinking is if I develop a headache. THAT wakes me up. Then I usually have to piss really bad. I’ll take some tylenol and go back to sleep.

I woke up early this morning due to the fact that someone kicked me in the stomach and placed a really large clamp on my head.

At least I think thats what happened but I couldnt really tell because of the f*cking hangover that I had.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
The only time I wake early from drinking is if I develop a headache. THAT wakes me up. Then I usually have to piss really bad. I’ll take some tylenol and go back to sleep.[/quote]

Same here, but I take vitamins also and drink as much water as I can. When I wake up later I feel fine. Also I take Aleve because I was told that Tylenol reacts badly with the alcohol (does anybody know if thats true).

I heard the same thing but cannot verify.

Here is what I’ve heard. The alcohol has already given your liver a really heavy workout. Tylenol is filtered through you liver.

In some rare cases taking Tylenol after a big bender can cause sudden liver failure.

I take Ibuprofin. Lots of water before bed and a multivitamin.

A light workout helps, if I have time. I think it helps purge the poison.

And no, I can’t sleep in after a big night out. Body wakes up just like any other day.

The mind takes a little longer.

I don’t know about the crack of dawn. But I usually sleep badly the nights I drink. Alcohol impairs the quality of your sleep.

[quote]comedypedro wrote:
When I was younger I used to be able to get totally cunted then sleep in til noon…[/quote]

hmm… interesting use of a very offensive word. i’m gonna adapt that into my vocab. thanks

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Same here, but I take vitamins also and drink as much water as I can. When I wake up later I feel fine. Also I take Aleve because I was told that Tylenol reacts badly with the alcohol (does anybody know if thats true).[/quote]

In the long term, Tylenol can hurt the liver, as does alcohol. Only a problem if you’re an alky and chronic acetametiphen popper.

Me too.
Saturday nights I’ll go to bed at 2 or 3 , wake up at 9.