Do You Drink Alcohol

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
and you talk shit about people who have had success in bodybuilding and make dickhead threads

maybe if you had some discipline you wouldnt look like shit[/quote]

Mind posting some pics and showing us how remarkable your steroid abuse has made you look?

Genuinely curious. You talk alot of shit and obviously act like some kind of authority but have no pics uploaded?
[/quote]

lol get fucked kiddo u dont know shit

is that all you’ve been able to achieve with dat protein abuze? you have the body of a prepubescent boy

[quote]ThugLifeGoldie wrote:
I’m a college student, and I do enjoy the occasional (or sometimes more than occasional) drink. However, when I started getting more serious about my training I started making my own concoction in my dorm room from things I get either on campus or in town. After doing some research on making alcohol, I’ve come up with a mixture that has a similar alcohol content to most beers but has significantly fewer calories (my DIY alcohol has about 300 calories per gallon). When I do decide to drink I’ll either only drink that or I’ll start with it to minimize the amount of other alcoholic drinks that I drink later. Anyone is more than welcome to message me if they want the recipe.[/quote]

It’s college, just do our (your) thing and just be 100% on everything through the week. I don’t know if it actually helps or just in my head but having a meal prepared for if/when I get home to eat helps a TON.

[quote]8ProteinLiftW8 wrote:

I’m a college student, and I do enjoy the occasional (or sometimes more than occasional) drink. However, when I started getting more serious about my training I started making my own concoction in my dorm room from things I get either on campus or in town. After doing some research on making alcohol, I’ve come up with a mixture that has a similar alcohol content to most beers but has significantly fewer calories (my DIY alcohol has about 300 calories per gallon). When I do decide to drink I’ll either only drink that or I’ll start with it to minimize the amount of other alcoholic drinks that I drink later. Anyone is more than welcome to message me if they want the recipe.[/quote]

Alcohol has 7 calories per gram. There are 3785.41 mL in a gallon. Ethanol has a density of 0.789 g/mL. Most beers are 4% alcohol, so 0.043785.41 = the percentage of your gallon that is alcohol, or 151.41 mL. 151.410.789 = the grams of alcohol in your gallon, or 119.46 grams. 119.46*7 = the calories of alcohol in your gallon, or 836.22. This does not include other carbohydrate calories from the grain that you used during distillation. [/quote]

Another way to look at it:

Assuming your 300 calorie claim is true,

300 / 7 calories per gram of alcohol = 42.86 grams of alcohol

14 grams of alcohol is 1 serving (according to the CDC); so

42.86 / 14 = 3.06 serving of alcohol in your gallon of drink

So either your drink has almost no alcohol whatsoever and wouldn’t get a puppy drunk, or you miscalculated somewhere along the line.

lol yeah my block list is empty^, but that may change soon…

it’s kinda lame how this is a bodybuilding forum, or at least its supposed to be… and u have guys talking about how it’s “ok” to drink/smoke/eat shit/do recreational drugs as long as it’s “in moderation”.

it’s like they are trying to bring justification to their utter lack of discipline and self-restraint…

no it’s not “ok”, and you are all fucking pussies.

Like Shelby’s t-shirt says… “be remarkable”

if i didnt know any better, i would think the theme of this forum and most of the people in it is “be average”, “be forgettable”… etc.[/quote]

Right because using big cycles to get to a lean 200 pounds or whatever makes you bodybuilding jesus. You seem like you must be socially retarded and chose to make fun of those that have lives outside of bodybuilding.

Also you think 5/3/1 will lead to injuries. lmao, I don’t even need to comment on it it’s so stupid.

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

and you talk shit about people who have had success in bodybuilding and make dickhead threads

Mind posting some pics and showing us how remarkable your steroid abuse has made you look?

Genuinely curious. You talk alot of shit and obviously act like some kind of authority but have no pics uploaded?
[/quote]

is that all you’ve been able to achieve with dat protein abuze? you have the body of a prepubescent boy[/quote]

I rest my case.

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

Alcohol has 7 calories per gram. There are 3785.41 mL in a gallon. Ethanol has a density of 0.789 g/mL. Most beers are 4% alcohol, so 0.043785.41 = the percentage of your gallon that is alcohol, or 151.41 mL. 151.410.789 = the grams of alcohol in your gallon, or 119.46 grams. 119.46*7 = the calories of alcohol in your gallon, or 836.22. This does not include other carbohydrate calories from the grain that you used during distillation. [/quote]

So either your drink has almost no alcohol whatsoever and wouldn’t get a puppy drunk, or you miscalculated somewhere along the line.[/quote]

LOL whoops. It has gotten me pretty fucked up, so I’m gonna have to assume I screwed up the math. Never was too good at math anyway -__-. Anyway, I think (not 100% sure anymore after having just been mathematically and scientifically shat on) that the calorie content is still lower than what college kids usually drink. Here’s my math if anyone wants to find the mistake and correct it:

72 packets of sugar (each packet is about 2 to 4 grams)=288 grams of sugar (assuming the high end)=288 grams of alcohol after the yeast eats the sugar and releases the waste products (conservation of matter, I know some of the reaction gets released as CO2 so really somewhere south of 288 but no idea where)=less than 41.14 calories from alcohol

10 packets of Emergen-C powder for flavoring (sugar water is fucking disgusting+I’m a pussy LOL) and for the nutrients (lessen the dehydrating effect, therefore preventing/lessening the effect of hangovers. I also hypothesize that the Vitamin C helps to prevent/lessen vomiting but I have absolutely no evidence to prove it). 25 calories per packet X 10 packets=250 calories from Emergen-C

250 calories from Emergen-C + 41.14 calories from alcohol=something less than 291.14 calories per gallon (but we don’t know how much less). Granted, it’s an extremely amateurish and low quality mixture (I don’t have any way of distilling it in my dorm room, so I end up drinking the dregs. Yuck!). Do my math and science make sense? Since, now admittedly, it probably doesn’t, where are my mistake(s)?

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

[/quote]

is that all you’ve been able to achieve with dat protein abuze? you have the body of a prepubescent boy[/quote]

I rest my case.
[/quote]

whatever 2k looks pretty impressive imo.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

[/quote]

I rest my case.
[/quote]

whatever 2k looks pretty impressive imo. [/quote]

hard to tell as there is really no point of reference.

anyways, i dont get why he came rushing to the defense of the chubster who made that trainwreck of a thread bashing that ON-sponsored athlete… but whatevs

i dont get why this “bodybuilding” forum is so anti-steroid lol… seems kinda contradictory…like an oxymoron. it should be called the “exercise” forum lmao

i guess im just used to real bodybuilding forums where people talk about aas/gh/peptides/slin protocols etc…instead of seeking justification for playing slapdick with diet/training and calling it “having a life”

ill adjust my speech/attitude to reflect where im posting from now on, sorry if i insulted anyone

1 Like

anyone remember that Bonez fella that used to post here?

He had a wicked physique and liked him some illegal drugs.

lol at all the reefer madness going on here.

don’t let the drug abusers give the users a bad name

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

[/quote]

I rest my case.
[/quote]

anyways, i dont get why he came rushing to the defense of the chubster who made that trainwreck of a thread bashing that ON-sponsored athlete… but whatevs

i dont get why this “bodybuilding” forum is so anti-steroid lol… seems kinda contradictory…like an oxymoron. it should be called the “exercise” forum lmao

i guess im just used to real bodybuilding forums where people talk about aas/gh/peptides/slin protocols etc…instead of seeking justification for playing slapdick with diet/training and calling it “having a life”

ill adjust my speech/attitude to reflect where im posting from now on, sorry if i insulted anyone[/quote]
thank you

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

don’t let the drug abusers give the users a bad name[/quote]
bonez raises
all day every day

have you every posted pics? I’m not being a douche, I just assumed you were pretty big as you seem knowledgeable

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

don’t let the drug abusers give the users a bad name[/quote]

i remember bonez, me and him used to get into it in the steroid forums every once and a while

different cycling philosophies i guess

yeah I guess.

Don’t get me wrong, I respect the dedication of guys like yourself who forego things like alcohol or whatever to pursue their goals. I just think that unless you seriously plan to make a living out of this then there’s no need to deny yourself a little recreational drug induced funzies once in a while. Obviously doing it in moderation. Whoring yourself for crack isn’t going to do you much good.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

[/quote]

I rest my case.
[/quote]

ill adjust my speech/attitude to reflect where im posting from now on, sorry if i insulted anyone[/quote]

You seem to think “natural bodybuilding” is not really bodybuilding. That’s the impression I get from your posts.

And I think you criticize anyone’s progress that hasn’t matched your own, not taking into consideration that you would not have made the amount of progress you have if you weren’t using AAS.

Don’t take that as a shot, I know you bust your ass and are on top of your diet, but that’s the impression that I get.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

[/quote]

I rest my case.
[/quote]

You seem to think “natural bodybuilding” is not really bodybuilding. That’s the impression I get from your posts.

And I think you criticize anyone’s progress that hasn’t matched your own, not taking into consideration that you would not have made the amount of progress you have if you weren’t using AAS.

Don’t take that as a shot, I know you bust your ass and are on top of your diet, but that’s the impression that I get. [/quote]

i hope you are the only one who gets that impression because that is definitely not where im coming from… i have no clue where you got that idea.

i just told jskrabac and grindovermatter in a different that i respect the hell out of them for staying natural, and the progress that they have made at naturals (stu too of course, that goes without saying).

i respect the hell out of natural bodybuilders. im missing the connection between re drug use/alcohol/shit diet and natural bodybuilding tho? i mean… isnt that what we are talking about in this thread?

i never criticized anyone’s progress… at least that i know of

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
have you every posted pics? I’m not being a douche, I just assumed you were pretty big as you seem knowledgeable[/quote]

lol, no worries man. I didn’t take it as such.

Na I’ve never posted pics. Funnily enough I don’t own a single photograph of anything, and I’ve never even owned a camera.

Maybe my lack of pics will mean that people won’t listen to me or take anything I say seriously. That’s fine, I can live with that.

I’m 5’ 11" sitting at 195lbs and lean enough for good definition in abs and serratus. Not huge by any means but I’m proud of what I’ve done considering I was 9 and a half stone (about 135lbs I think) when I started lifting. I have a very small bone structure so I get told I’m lighter than I look, but I dunno about that.

I wonder if I’ve just opened myself up to a mega flaming! Lol.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
yeah I guess.

Don’t get me wrong, I respect the dedication of guys like yourself who forego things like alcohol or whatever to pursue their goals. I just think that unless you seriously plan to make a living out of this then there’s no need to deny yourself a little recreational drug induced funzies once in a while. Obviously doing it in moderation. Whoring yourself for crack isn’t going to do you much good.
[/quote]

idk man… they say if you chase two rabbits you’ll catch neither.

and recreational drug use opens the door to getting busted by LE in SO many different ways… it makes it SO easy (trust me ive seen it happen right in front of me)… and then you have priors on your record, and if u get caught doing AAS later down the line then you are REALLY in trouble instead of just getting a slap on the wrist… lol

i just get the feeling sometimes that the guys who make shit progress in the gym because they subscribe to the “if it’s in moderation it’s ok lolz” mentality are the same ones who see the assisted bodybuilders who are 100% dedicated to bodybuilding…

…and then tell themselves “psh i could be like them if i were on the sterons”… kinda like a few of the guys we see ITT

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
yeah I guess.

[/quote]

idk man… they say if you chase two rabbits you’ll catch neither.

and recreational drug use opens the door to getting busted by LE in SO many different ways… it makes it SO easy (trust me ive seen it happen right in front of me)… and then you have priors on your record, and if u get caught doing AAS later down the line then you are REALLY in trouble instead of just getting a slap on the wrist… lol

i just get the feeling sometimes that the guys who make shit progress in the gym because they subscribe to the “if it’s in moderation it’s ok lolz” mentality are the same ones who see the assisted bodybuilders who are 100% dedicated to bodybuilding…

…and then tell themselves “psh i could be like them if i were on the sterons”… kinda like a few of the guys we see ITT

[/quote]

who cares about rabbits? I hunt big fuckin bears mate!

I see what you’re saying about the legal aspect. Where I come from we’re not so tough on drugs as long as it’s personal use, but the drug laws in some parts of the world are crazy! I’m also lucky in that the law doesn’t give a shit about AAS here either.

and I COULD be just like an IFBB pro if I used steroids :wink:

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

So either your drink has almost no alcohol whatsoever and wouldn’t get a puppy drunk, or you miscalculated somewhere along the line.[/quote]

LOL whoops. It has gotten me pretty fucked up, so I’m gonna have to assume I screwed up the math. Never was too good at math anyway -__-. Anyway, I think (not 100% sure anymore after having just been mathematically and scientifically shat on) that the calorie content is still lower than what college kids usually drink. Here’s my math if anyone wants to find the mistake and correct it:

72 packets of sugar (each packet is about 2 to 4 grams)=288 grams of sugar (assuming the high end)=288 grams of alcohol after the yeast eats the sugar and releases the waste products (conservation of matter, I know some of the reaction gets released as CO2 so really somewhere south of 288 but no idea where)=less than 41.14 calories from alcohol

10 packets of Emergen-C powder for flavoring (sugar water is fucking disgusting+I’m a pussy LOL) and for the nutrients (lessen the dehydrating effect, therefore preventing/lessening the effect of hangovers. I also hypothesize that the Vitamin C helps to prevent/lessen vomiting but I have absolutely no evidence to prove it). 25 calories per packet X 10 packets=250 calories from Emergen-C

250 calories from Emergen-C + 41.14 calories from alcohol=something less than 291.14 calories per gallon (but we don’t know how much less). Granted, it’s an extremely amateurish and low quality mixture (I don’t have any way of distilling it in my dorm room, so I end up drinking the dregs. Yuck!). Do my math and science make sense? Since, now admittedly, it probably doesn’t, where are my mistake(s)?[/quote]

Alcohol is 7 calories per gram,

So if we assume there is 288 grams of alcohol (which sounds reasonable to me),

288 * 7 = 2,016

Add in the 250 calories from Emergen-C and you get ~2,250 calories total

288 grams of alcohol / 14 grams of alcohol in 1 serving = ~20.5 servings

2,250 calories total / 20.5 servings = ~110 calories per serving of alcohol

110 calories per serving is on par with most light beers

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

250 calories from Emergen-C + 41.14 calories from alcohol=something less than 291.14 calories per gallon (but we don’t know how much less). Granted, it’s an extremely amateurish and low quality mixture (I don’t have any way of distilling it in my dorm room, so I end up drinking the dregs. Yuck!). Do my math and science make sense? Since, now admittedly, it probably doesn’t, where are my mistake(s)?[/quote]

Alcohol is 7 calories per gram,

So if we assume there is 288 grams of alcohol (which sounds reasonable to me),

288 * 7 = 2,016

Add in the 250 calories from Emergen-C and you get ~2,250 calories total

288 grams of alcohol / 14 grams of alcohol in 1 serving = ~20.5 servings

2,250 calories total / 20.5 servings = ~110 calories per serving of alcohol

110 calories per serving is on par with most light beers[/quote]

Oh whoops I divided grams/calories instead of multiplying grams X calories. Thanks man.

[quote]johnman18 wrote:
I chew, smoke daily, drink 5-7 times a week, but I look like shit too so… Then again I have no desire to compete ever so whatever I guess…haha my life…[/quote]

And you’re considering steroids?