Do You Drink Alcohol

[quote]briansays wrote:
I drink from time to time, it’s a side effect of living in a fraternity house, and yes sometimes I over do it and it hinders progress the next day but usually I’m smart about it, drinking lots of water, eating healthy even when I drink (and I never drink during a meal.) That’s MY choice and it works for me. I feel like after graduation I won’t be drinking at all since I don’t drink when I come home for summer and breaks and such, just holds no appeal … plus I like looking like my profile picture. [/quote]
yeah that’s exactly what happened in the last year for me. When I was in the frat house I’d drink and go out and I have no regrets about that. Now, a night out for my friends means going to a local bar bar, spending $30-100 on drinks, and then driving home without a DD - which is easy for me to avoid.

I think alcohol/tobacco/weed in moderation is fine, but most people don’t stick to moderation. It’s not like abstinence will hurt you.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:

I think alcohol/tobacco/weed in moderation is fine, but most people don’t stick to moderation. It’s not like abstinence will hurt you.[/quote]

this is why i come to T-Nation… for the lolz (also stu’s insight and zraw’s thread)

-T-Nation for the laughs and stuff to shake my head at
-my other sites for bodybuilding

real talk… this should be called the “lifting weights” or “exercising” forum.

the “i went to the gym today” forum hah shit

[quote]pemo928 wrote:
This is very much how I feel when people ask what do I like to do for fun… And I tell them “Go to the gym”

0:37 ‘You’re boring’ NOT ‘Your boring’

I’m in college, Friday and Saturdays I’m always down. Won’t touch the stuff mid week though.

I remember reading an article several years ago stating alcohol consumption effects the protein synthesis process for upto 48 hours and reduces testerone levels…

If you are looking to maximize your potential probably not the best idea to just drink on Friday/Saturday night… like many tend to say.

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

I think alcohol/tobacco/weed in moderation is fine, but most people don’t stick to moderation. It’s not like abstinence will hurt you.[/quote]

this is why i come to T-Nation… for the lolz (also stu’s insight and zraw’s thread)

-T-Nation for the laughs and stuff to shake my head at
-my other sites for bodybuilding

real talk… this should be called the “lifting weights” or “exercising” forum.

the “i went to the gym today” forum hah shit[/quote]

Fortunately I only have to see what browndisaster has to say when he gets quoted. Like here.

lol yeah my block list is empty^, but that may change soon…

it’s kinda lame how this is a bodybuilding forum, or at least its supposed to be… and u have guys talking about how it’s “ok” to drink/smoke/eat shit/do recreational drugs as long as it’s “in moderation”.

it’s like they are trying to bring justification to their utter lack of discipline and self-restraint…

no it’s not “ok”, and you are all fucking pussies.

Like Shelby’s t-shirt says… “be remarkable”

if i didnt know any better, i would think the theme of this forum and most of the people in it is “be average”, “be forgettable”… etc.

1 Like

lol well I haven’t done any of that stuff in the past year, and I don’t look amazing

From my understanding bodybuilders do a shitload of drugs lol. I really fail to see why any of that in would hurt gym progress unless you overdid it. I know flipcollar was an alcoholic so maybe things are different for him.

I’ve only smelled beer.

lol well I haven’t done any of that stuff in the past year, and I don’t look amazing

[/quote]

might want to look at your diet/training

from what I’ve seen in recent years, the way to start/keep a legitimate thread on here is to call it ____'s competition thread, or something like that (ZRaw, Waylander, Stu, et al are good examples). It seems like for the most part, people don’t shit on those threads.

[quote]MAK40 wrote:
damn, i woulda taken those 40’s if he didn’t want them…didnt have to break them…[/quote]
I heard that!

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
I’ve only smelled beer.[/quote]

Judging by your avatar good thing you didn’t drink it. Might have died.

I chew, smoke daily, drink 5-7 times a week, but I look like shit too so… Then again I have no desire to compete ever so whatever I guess…haha my life…

and you talk shit about people who have had success in bodybuilding and make dickhead threads

maybe if you had some discipline you wouldnt look like shit

1 Like

I’m a college student, and I do enjoy the occasional (or sometimes more than occasional) drink. However, when I started getting more serious about my training I started making my own concoction in my dorm room from things I get either on campus or in town. After doing some research on making alcohol, I’ve come up with a mixture that has a similar alcohol content to most beers but has significantly fewer calories (my DIY alcohol has about 300 calories per gallon). When I do decide to drink I’ll either only drink that or I’ll start with it to minimize the amount of other alcoholic drinks that I drink later. Anyone is more than welcome to message me if they want the recipe.

and you talk shit about people who have had success in bodybuilding and make dickhead threads

maybe if you had some discipline you wouldnt look like shit[/quote]

maybe if you had some discipline you wouldnt look like shit[/quote]

Mind posting some pics and showing us how remarkable your steroid abuse has made you look?

Genuinely curious. You talk alot of shit and obviously act like some kind of authority but have no pics uploaded?

^he’s linked to pics before. He looks pretty good. I assume he doesn’t do it often to retain some level of anonymity.

[quote]ThugLifeGoldie wrote:
I’m a college student, and I do enjoy the occasional (or sometimes more than occasional) drink. However, when I started getting more serious about my training I started making my own concoction in my dorm room from things I get either on campus or in town. After doing some research on making alcohol, I’ve come up with a mixture that has a similar alcohol content to most beers but has significantly fewer calories (my DIY alcohol has about 300 calories per gallon). When I do decide to drink I’ll either only drink that or I’ll start with it to minimize the amount of other alcoholic drinks that I drink later. Anyone is more than welcome to message me if they want the recipe.[/quote]

Alcohol has 7 calories per gram. There are 3785.41 mL in a gallon. Ethanol has a density of 0.789 g/mL. Most beers are 4% alcohol, so 0.043785.41 = the percentage of your gallon that is alcohol, or 151.41 mL. 151.410.789 = the grams of alcohol in your gallon, or 119.46 grams. 119.46*7 = the calories of alcohol in your gallon, or 836.22. This does not include other carbohydrate calories from the grain that you used during distillation.