T Nation

Do Women Care How Much Weight A Guy Lifts?

What do you think? Does it matter to a woman how much weight a guy lifts? Does she think to herself that a guy who lifts more is better or does it not matter?

Nope.

2 Likes

Beta af bro.

2 Likes

Are we to assume that all women think alike?

3 Likes

Exactly ONE woman I know cared about how much I deadlift. No others have. At all. A couple women liked I had muscular arms, and another liked my muscular legs, but muscles and weights lifted are different metrics. Therefore, based on my personal experiences, I conclude a very small minority of women, in fact nearly none, care about how much a man lifts :rofl:

3 Likes

No. They just like unicorns, flowers and rainbows.

Unless they are stuck under something, then yes. But not always, sometimes they get stuck on purpose, they are mythical creatures.

3 Likes

In my experience: Some women do, very much. But the vast majority care little, or not at all.

1 Like

I’ve concluded most do not care if a guy lifts at all.

2 Likes

In my opinion, their interest ends with opening jars, carrying groceries and moving/carrying large furniture objects.

If you can do all of those things, you’re good.

3 Likes

Not in my experience, no.

1 Like

Don’t forget fancy ribbons. :ribbon:

1 Like

@T3hPwnisher’s story about his wife not understanding why two guys couldn’t lift something (a machine? Don’t remember) because she was used to his strength is the level I’m trying to get to. I don’t see the level of “impressed” going much higher beyond that.

4 Likes

No matter what they say, women are impressed by;

How much you can lift
How much beer you can drink
Who’s ass you can kick
How many ribs you can eat

12 Likes

Amen!

And the more they like you the less stringent those standards for which you’ll be judged become.

1 Like

Only one woman in my life seemed to care very much that I could lift her. My ex-wife and I did Mixed Pairs in bodybuilding. One part of our routine I lifted her, about 120lbs, straight overhead. I did drop her a couple times. She let it be known very quickly that she cared I couldn’t lift her without dropping her.

The last Mixed Pairs we did, when going through a rough trial of our routine backstage, just before our call to perform on stage, I dropped her. At least it was back stage that I dropped her and not for all to see.

All that said, I don’t recall any woman caring how much I could lift. In actuality, back in the '70’s and '80’s most women had a cautious fear of large, strong men.

3 Likes

I only care at work so I can use them to help me move large heavy stuff like stove, freezer, bathroom vanity… without dying in the process. :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s just a question. You’re making assumptions.

Lol I find that hard to believe.

Case in point.

1 Like

I do not care per say, but I do require that my partner can lift more than me, which any novice that tries could probably do in less than 6 months

With that said, having an active lifestyle is a must