Do This Routine Instead of That Dumb One

[quote]kingbeef323 wrote:
3 day on 1 day off Chest/back, Legs, Delts/Arms split as promised.

Decided to go with a heavy day and light day for each bodypart to get the best of both worlds.

• 1 set to failure (positive) per heavy exercise except where otherwise noted.
  • On heavy exercises rest 2 mins between sets and 3-4 before the final all out heavy set of compound movements.
  • On volume exercises 1 minute rest for isolations, 1:30 for compounds. Up to 2 should be ok for quads but try to work your way down to 1:30 before moving weights up if you do use 2 initially.
  • Shouldn’t be hitting failure (positive) on the light exercises until maybe the last few sets of the last exercise for that muscle group.
  • On the volume exercises, when you can do all sets of 12 on all exercises for that muscle group move the weights up by the smallest increment possible.
  • Superset arms. On volume day, no rest.
  • On volume days, I’d avoid grinding reps, especially if it’s early in the sets. Just stop once you fatigue and readjust the weight if you’re getting less than like 8.

Day 1 - Heavy Delts/Volume Arms

Seated OH Dumb - 4x8
Machine Laterals - 4x10
Reverse pec dec - 4x10

Machine preacher (v grip) - 5x12
Rope Pushdowns - 5x12
Fat grip curls - 5x12
Cordovas - 5x12

Reverse Curls - 6x12
1 arm OH exts - 6x12

Day 2 - Volume Legs

Standing smith calf - 6x12
Seated Calf - 6x12

Lying leg curls - 6x12
Seated leg curls - 6x12

Glute Kickbacks (on leg curl) - 5x12

Leg press - 6x12
Hack Squats - 6x12 :frowning:

Day 3 - Heavy Chest/Back/Traps/Abs

Flat dumb press - 4x8
Inc dumb press - 3x8

Pulldowns - 4x6-8
Seated CNG Rows - 3x8
Chest supported rows - 3x10

Shrugs - 5x10
Rope Crunches - 4x10
Weighted Leg raises - 3x10

Day 4 - off

Day 5 - Heavy Arms/Volume Delts

Hammer curls - 4x8
Decline CGBP - 4x8
Machine preacher (wider grip)- 3x8
Machine dips - 3x8
Incline curls - 3x8
Decline dumbbell exts - 3x10

1 Arm Upright rows - 4x12
Meadows Partials - 4x35
High cable x’s - 4x30

Day 6 - Heavy Legs

Standing Smith calf - 3x10 (3)
seated calf - 3x10 (3)

Front Squats - 6x5 (2)

RDL’s - 4x8

Hip Thrusts - 4x8

Day 7 - Volume Chest/Back/Abs

Lo Incline dumb press - 6x12
Decline dumb press - 6x12

Pull ups - 6x12
Hammer strengths high rows - 6x12

Leg raises - 4xAMRAP
Decline Sit ups - 4xAMRAP

Day 8 - off

Think that covers everything, let me know if I missed something.[/quote]

Did you mean to include that deadlift variation in the middle of arm day?

I believe he’s referring to this

That makes more sense :slight_smile:

I Just want to put it out there that all his routines are awsome. I’v currently been using his most recently posted one for Awhile and it’s did wonders for me.

To anyone who could help me out. I just finished up big beyond belief and was looking into KB’s 4 day split. I lift at home and don’t have a leg press or a dip bar. What would be the best exercises to replace these two exercises? My main goal is to lose fat and maintain muscle or even add a little.

I’m an absolute beginner just started going to the gym would you recommend your OTS split for me or the 5x5 or Upper Lower stuff everyone talks about because they say you make the best gains training each muscle group twice a week?

KingBeef was cool. Wish he’d come back.

1 Like

@kingbeef323 come back to us mannnnnn!

Bump of Worthiness

1 Like

Just found this thread, might try one of these routines.

So bump

1 Like

Yogi was cool. Wish he’d come back

3 Likes

Is he like officially gone? Or just hasn’t posted in a while

Just hasn’t posted in about 6 months I think.

Last time I interacted with him, things seemed well. Making progress in the weight room and outside of it.

I’m hoping that @Spock81 had a full recovery, (What Business is it of Yours Where I'm From, Friendo? - #2429 by Spock81) and @liftangryordie500 is on my mind as well (Getting Healthier, Bigger, and Stronger - #1051 by liftangryordie500).

1 Like

Wow, serious bump here.

Yeah, King Beef was one of the few older crew who was down to earth and spoke from experience in simple terms, not looking to overcomplicate things in some self serving way… good guy.

S

1 Like

I’m so glad I found this thread, there’s some great info throughout it. I’m starting his 4 day routine after my Christmas ‘rest’.

Long live Kingbeef!

My last post was March 4, then he vanishes a few days later. Coincidence? I think not

1 Like

That does really bum me out though. He was a fixture here my entire time as a regular. Now I come back from hiatus and he’s gone. I never even got to say good bye! (Overly dramatic cry voice)

He was one of the few I remembered from my “first time around”.

@dchris seemed to be close to him. They might even know each other in real life. Maybe he can ease your conscience by providing some proof of life.

1 Like