Pre/Peri:

75g Cyclic dextrin
27g Peptopro
10g creatine
4g beta alanine
6g citrulline malate
2g TMG
10g Leucine

All mixed together in 64 oz of water. I drink 24 oz 15 mins pre, then start drinking the rest when I start my 2nd exercise, finishing it in the middle of my last exercise. When I get home (like 20ish mins post) I have:

50g maltodextrin
50g whey iso
5g leucine

Then an hour later:

Cup of oats
1/4 cup raisins
cup of milk
6 eggs

[quote]TheDon12 wrote:

Bummer. Well if you do , dont forget to keep us updated!

You give the most simple advice and it works. Not to mention you provide grest routines… you ever thought of opening up a youtube channel? Im sure you would pull in a lot of viewers.

Dat dere youtube money lol[/quote]

Never thought about doing that before. Maybe when I get shredded or something, lol.[/quote]

Do you think it would be cheaper or more effective to just use Anaconda to take care of WO Nutrition? Or is that stack superior. Im trying to get the most outta my dollaz.

Hello Kingbeef.

I am using home gym - 125kg olympic, power cage and a pair of 20kg dumbbell.

I checked your routine. I can’t use some exercises like hack squat, etc.

What you recommend me 2x frequency routine or any routine that can give fastest muscle gain?

My current stats: squat 1.1xBW, deadlift 1.25xBW, bench press 0.85xBW

My current routine is like

Back + Shoulder

• Rows 5x5
  • Overhead press 5x5
  • Chin up 3x10
  • Upright rows 3x10

Lower body

• Squat 5x5
  • Deadlift 3x10
  • Lunges 3x10
  • Calf raises 3x12
  • Weighted crunches 3x10
  • Calf raises 3x12
  • Leg raise 3x10

Chest + Arm

• Bench press 5x5
  • Dumbbell arm pullover 3x10
  • Hammer/Preacher curl superset with dips, both 3x10
  • Bicep curl superset with skull crusher or close grip bench press, both 3x10

Day 1: Back + Shoulder
Day 2: Lower Body
Day 3: Chest + Arm
Day 4: Rest

And repeat

^ would also be interested in the answer to this, as i am going to start training at home. Only difference is i will have a full range of dumbbells up to 50kg. I will still probably go to the gym on saturday to do leg day which will be deadlifts,leg press etc but would be interested on what to do the rest of the time with only dumbbells, bench, bar and rack.

Hi guys, hoping I can get some suggestions please!

I’ve been following Reg Park’s beginner routine for about 5 months now, and I was thinking about moving on to a 4 day split. The reason I can only do 4 days is I play football 3 days a week too, which is on a Mon, Wed and Sunday, so the only days I can gym is Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat. Would this be ok?

Also, could anyone suggest a 3/4 day routine please? I have had a look at this one -

Would anyone recommend the above? Or any other suggestions? Thanks guys.

how many times a week do you recommend doing abs and calves kingbeef?

i want to do the 4 day split on the first page. the problem is that i can only make it to the gym on monday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday (because of work). would it be ok to do this split on these 4 consecutive days and then rest friday, saturday and sunday?

[quote]kingbeef323 wrote:
This is a MAX-OT style routine (copied pasted from my thread), which is how I train now (actually doing this exact routine). Took a cue from Jeff Rodriguez and slightly broadened the rep range to 4-8 and progress seems a bit better. Personally, training like this I progress faster than training any other way that I’ve tried.

All sets layed out in this style of workout are to failure. People like to say “omg so many heavy sets to failure, that’s gonna cause burnout and overtraining!” Usually though, those people arent willing to eat 1.8-2g of protein per pound of bodyweight, which I think is pretty much a foolproof way to ensure gains if you’re training hard.

Another note is that once you warm up a muscle group and start your work set on your first exercise, you don’t ramp up again for your subsequent exercises. However, it’s a good idea to do what’s called an acclimation set sometimes before starting the next exercise for that muscle group if it’s an exercise where there’s a good amount of stabilization required and it’s a slightly different movement pattern than the first exercise. Acclimation sets, I believe, are 1-2 sets of 1-2 reps each to get used to the new movement pattern before starting your heavy sets. Don’t worry, I’ll tell you when to use these.

As far as progression. I’d say when you can get a set of an exercise for 7 or 8 reps, move up an increment in weight, then next workout you will start your first set with that new weight and when you can get that for 7 or 8 you’ll move up and so on. From my experience, when I/workout partners/clients are too aggressive with weight selection it tends to slow down progress.

On to the routine.

Monday - Chest/Tris

Incline dumbbell Press - 2x4-8
Flat Barbell Press - 2x4-8 (1xacc)
Dips - 2x4-8 (2xacc)
Pushdowns - 2x4-8
French Press - 2x4-8 (1 10 rep set just to make sure elbows are ready)

Tuesday - Back/Bis

Barbell Rows - 3x4-8
Neutral grip Pulldowns - 2x4-8
Medium Grip pulldowns - 1x4-8
Seated Rows - 2x4-8
Pinwheels - 2x4-8
Alternating Dumb curls - 2x4-8

Wednesday - Legs (slow negatives!)
Lying Leg Curls - 2x4-8
RDL’s - 2x4-8 (warmup again)
Cybex Leg Press - 2x4-8 (warmup)
Leg Press - 2x4-8 (1xacc)
Hack Squat - 2x4-8 (1xacc)

Thursday - Shoulders

Seated OH Barbell Press (ass slid forward so it’s more like a super high incline press) - 2x4-6
Seated Dumbbell Press - 2x4-8
Cable Laterals - 3x6-8
Dumbbell Laterals - 1x6-8
Rear Delt raises on inlcine bench - 3x12-15

Friday - Traps/Calves/Abs/Forearms

Shrugs - 3x4-8

Standing calf raises - 3x4-8
Seated calf raises - 3x4-8

Cable Crunches - 2x10-15
Weighted Leg Raises - 3x10-15

Reverse wrist curls - 2x8-10
Behind Back wrist curls - 2x8-10

Sample workout: Chest/tri’s

Inc Dumb- warmup(20x25’s x2, 10x40’s, 8x55’s, 6x70’s), acclimation(2x90’s), 7x110’s, 5x115’s
Flat Bar- 2x225, 8x245, 5x265
Dips- 2x45, 1x90, 8x110, 4x125
Pushdowns- 8x120, 6x130
French- 10x80, 8x100, 5x110[/quote]

KB –

I’m just curious why aren’t there any deadlifts in your back program? Are you not a fan of them…? Just curious, that is all. :slight_smile:

I’ve just finished reading the entire thread. A fantastic read and many thanks to King Beef, Lonnie 123, Cephalic_Carnage and others who have made excellent contributions.
Awesome thread.

[quote]JerryRicePwns wrote:

KB –

I’m just curious why aren’t there any deadlifts in your back program? Are you not a fan of them…? Just curious, that is all. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

He answered this question earlier on in the thread.
He does Romanian Deadlifts on Leg Day which he believes is better for hamstring and glute development and still hits lower back as well.
He does Barbell Rows on Back Day which he believes is superior for upper back development.

KB, im on your 4 day max-OT split. I love it except for the chest workout, i cant find the right balance between form and weight. I’m stronger on low incline than i am on flat, i think im totally front delt dominant on all pressing movements. Thing is, if i really push for the maximum weight i can move for 4-6 reps on flat or incline, then i cant focus on the MMC at all, it becomes like forcing every last bit of will power just to move the weight. Should i just drop the weight and instead make the form much more controlled so that i basically make the weight FEEL heavier, rather than moving the heaviest weight possible.

I dont have this problem with any other muscle group, e.g one arm DB row i can do about 35lbs more than my DB bench, but it feels right and i can feel the muscle working. With the pressing movements i just feel like im gonna collapse and break under the weight it doesn’t feel comfortable and i dont feel stable and in control, yet i can still press the weight, if that makes sense lol.

mr. KB,

Hey Sir, forgive my idiotic question (If you deem it so)

but for the rep ranges, how do you arrange that?? i mean when you say 4 x 15… do you mean that 15 is where you should reach failure or ? do you ramp up to that??

im so sorry if this has been covered, Sir.

thank you.

Long time reader, first time poster.
I wanted to thanks kingbeef a lot for starting what ended up being a true gold mine. Not only routines but also great training tips have been discussed in this thread.

Hope to hear more from you soon !

been using the push pull legs routine, and i have honestly made the best gains of my life. thanks KB.

i did have a question. how often does one need to switch routines??

is KB in absentua??

[quote]theoctavist wrote:
been using the push pull legs routine, and i have honestly made the best gains of my life. thanks KB.

i did have a question. how often does one need to switch routines??[/quote]

If you’re making the best gains of your life don’t change a thing. Switch routines once you stop seeing progress and it isn’t because of a diet issue.

[quote]theoctavist wrote:
mr. KB,

Hey Sir, forgive my idiotic question (If you deem it so)

but for the rep ranges, how do you arrange that?? i mean when you say 4 x 15… do you mean that 15 is where you should reach failure or ? do you ramp up to that??

im so sorry if this has been covered, Sir.

thank you.

[/quote]

Ramping sets.

He indicates when you should go to failure with an f. Everything else you just approach failure but never hit it.

KB, the hitting bodypart 2x weekly push pull legs was outstanding in terms of growth and strength. I put on 12 solid pounds, and it was really a revelation to me. thank you.

I am starting the Max OT 6 day now and did the first workout last night (it was chest. I am using tuesday as my monday as I break on monday) . I did fine with everything, and was completely smoked afterwards…BUT i had an issue with the incline DB press. I was able to do one working set up to 100 x 7 (taken to failure)…BUT I couldnt get the next set (110) for 5 reps. I mean I couldnt even lift the damned thing to the starting position.

I was just completely smoked…after trying twice to get the weight up so I could get one more of 4 in and failing, I just quit with that and moved to the next exercise. In a situation like that, is it best to stay at the 100 and do another set of 4 or whatever(to failure) I was hesitant because I didnt want to drop weight and work with that.

the other thing.

doing the back workout tonight. I am trying to figure out the lat pull down (Neutral grip) vs lat pulldown (medium grip). The documentation on the web is confusing. what is the difference in medium and neutral?

one last question. im sorry! the rep range as laid out by AST is 4-6, so curious about the 6-8 range you mentioned KB?

im ignorant, just asking questions, not challenging what you have come up with!

KB, I use home gym - power cage and olympic barbell, so i dont have dumbbell and machine to do face pull, leg curl, etc.

What routine you recommend?

my current workout is

Leg - squat, lunges, calf raise, crunches
Push - bench press, overhead press, dips
Pull - Deadlift, rows, chin up

Day 1: Leg
Day 2: Push
Day 3: Pull
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Leg
Day 6: Push
Day 7: Pull

Repeat

What do you think?

so excite to try.
i feel like this is a dead thread but just to clarify, you only do warm ups for each body part, not exercise?
if i wanted to do rack pulls, where would i put them in the first (original) routine?