Do This Routine Instead of That Dumb One

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Why are you adding the rest pauses? I am not saying dont do them, but I’m just curious as to your reasoning.

BTW - If you want a list of “Max OT” routines check here:

skiplacour.com/slc_mmt_home/ - 13 routines laid out and used by Skip himself, so they are good for sure. Pick one, do it for 8-12 weeks, take a week off, come back and use a different one.

[/quote]

I don’t know the reason… my friend gave me this routine and told me that he did it for a month…

listen what does Max OT mean?
and how can i do to find this routine?? Is skiplacour a site?

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Why are you adding the rest pauses? I am not saying dont do them, but I’m just curious as to your reasoning.

BTW - If you want a list of “Max OT” routines check here:

skiplacour.com/slc_mmt_home/ - 13 routines laid out and used by Skip himself, so they are good for sure. Pick one, do it for 8-12 weeks, take a week off, come back and use a different one.

[/quote]

Just found!!
these routines seem all the same… are you sure this is good??

and… there’s another question…

i train for 4 day because i have no time… these routines are in 5 days…

Been doin one of the Max OT routines that you laid out KingBeef… 3 weeks in and I am really enjoyin it. The program is lower volume than I’m used to but I feel fresh at the end and I feel just as strong on my last set as I do on my first.

Looking forward to seeing some good results.

Ryan - Max-OT is just short hand for “Maximum Overload Training” - A system of training that trains each body part once a week, using 2-3 exercises for 6-9 sets done in the 4-6 rep range to failure. If you want more info on the routine simply Google it. There is tons of info out there on it.

The routines are not all the same. They are all different… but SIMILAR, and that’s kind of the point, sticking to the “money” exercises with little variations to keep from getting stale.

If you train for 4 days, either use the routine at the beginning of this thread, or just google “Max OT 4 day routine” to see some examples of how to structure it. Easy ways to get a 4 day routine are to put small muscle groups (biceps, triceps, calves, abs) at the end of other workouts (quads, hams, chest, shoulders, back). Let me know if you need more help.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Ryan - Max-OT is just short hand for “Maximum Overload Training” - A system of training that trains each body part once a week, using 2-3 exercises for 6-9 sets done in the 4-6 rep range to failure. If you want more info on the routine simply Google it. There is tons of info out there on it.

The routines are not all the same. They are all different… but SIMILAR, and that’s kind of the point, sticking to the “money” exercises with little variations to keep from getting stale.

If you train for 4 days, either use the routine at the beginning of this thread, or just google “Max OT 4 day routine” to see some examples of how to structure it. Easy ways to get a 4 day routine are to put small muscle groups (biceps, triceps, calves, abs) at the end of other workouts (quads, hams, chest, shoulders, back). Let me know if you need more help.[/quote]

OK OK i unerstood
the only things is i don’t want to “force” with low reps and high weight…

the routine i showed at the first with rest pause, don’t like it?

Its fine, its very similar to the routines I linked to. I was just curious about the RP sets since the intensity of the other sets is already quite high (failure in the 4-6 rep range), and RP’s add quite a bit of additional stress on top of that from what I have experienced.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Its fine, its very similar to the routines I linked to. I was just curious about the RP sets since the intensity of the other sets is already quite high (failure in the 4-6 rep range), and RP’s add quite a bit of additional stress on top of that from what I have experienced.[/quote]

unfortunately i don’t know the reason… but my friend told me that i have to do the set and wait 15 seconds and at least do it 2-3 reps again… bacause if i can do about 6 reps… it means i chose the wrong weight

Hey guys, yesterday i was talking with some friends… about my arms…you know my arms grow very slowy than the other part of body… and they told me… "why don’t you try to train your arms with only low reps…? for example biceps with Chin-ups (underhand pullups) with “overweight” in 5x5… and Barbel curl in 3-4 sets max 5-6 reps… And tha same things for triceps…

what do you think?? i can tell you i never trained my arms with low reps…

[quote]woodard2589 wrote:
I’m doing your 2x bodypart 6 day split and I just want to make sure I’m understanding the ramping correctly. I was following your 4 day a week split on the first page but wanted to switch to a 2x week bodypart instead and most of those were 2 sets to failure. With the routine I’m doing now, I’m just not sure if I’m getting enough volume because of the way i’ve been ramping.

For seated should press I’ve been doing something like this:
35x8
50x3
65x6 <-failure

Do the lighter sets matter in terms of hypertrophy or is it reliant on that final set? I like to ramp by just getting a feel for the weight as it gets heavier and this is how I did it before and was progressing decently, but now with only one set to failure I just want to make sure it’s enough. And if the way i’m doing it is fine, should I do this for abs too? I’ve been doing an extra workset for abs because I feel like the single set to failure isnt quite enough volume but I may be wrong. Should I just see if the weight keeps progressing with the way I’m ramping before worrying about it? I just want to make sure I’m getting the most of my workout.[/quote]

My weights have still been progressing good ramping like this, but could I get somebody else’s opinion?

Everyones arms grow slowly… And on top of that they are a very small muscle group, so adding 5-10% on them will not be all that noticeable. For instance, if you add 10% to your arm size in a years time(no easy task), you will only be adding an inch or so. But if you do that for 3 years in a row, then you will have a much bigger arm.

The bottom line is you have to try it for 3-6 MONTHS AT LEAST and see how it works.

I’m doing your 2x bodypart 6 day split and I just want to make sure I’m understanding the ramping correctly. I was following your 4 day a week split on the first page but wanted to switch to a 2x week bodypart instead and most of those were 2 sets to failure. With the routine I’m doing now, I’m just not sure if I’m getting enough volume because of the way i’ve been ramping.

For seated should press I’ve been doing something like this:
35x8
50x3
65x6 <-failure

Do the lighter sets matter in terms of hypertrophy or is it reliant on that final set? I like to ramp by just getting a feel for the weight as it gets heavier and this is how I did it before and was progressing decently, but now with only one set to failure I just want to make sure it’s enough. And if the way i’m doing it is fine, should I do this for abs too? I’ve been doing an extra workset for abs because I feel like the single set to failure isnt quite enough volume but I may be wrong. Should I just see if the weight keeps progressing with the way I’m ramping before worrying about it? I just want to make sure I’m getting the most of my workout.[/quote]

My weights have still been progressing good ramping like this, but could I get somebody else’s opinion?
[/quote]

The lighter sets really dont do much for hypertrophy, no, but they serve their purpose in other ways (getting you mentally and physically prepared) If your weights are still progressing, that is called WINNING, dont change anything (except for adding more weight, of course)

If you are gaining strength and getting more muscular, than dont change anything man. Thats the whole goal. If you arent doing one of those 2 things, THEN change your routine, but not until then.

Lonnie,
how would you set up Max OT training for a hardgainer.
Most Max Ot routine are 5 days split and between 6 to 9 sets per bodypart
I was thinking to lower frequency to a three day split and doing between 2 to 5 sets per bodypart.
(2 - 3 sets for small muscle like bicep and 4 - 5 sets for larger muscle like back)
What do you think?

What makes you label yourself a “hard gainer”? What would doing that to the routine do for you? Have you tried the routine as outlined and failed?

My opiniong? I think changing the reps, sets, volume, and frequency completely change the routine… The only thing I can say is try it for 3-6 months and see how it works for you.

Kingbeef = MASSIVE unit (no homo)

Love your workouts and feeling great doing it.

BUT, lately I was reading a lot about superset workouts and I have some rotator cuff issues as weel as other joint problems, and these workouts tend to be somehow beneficial.

Maybe, by the chance you have a good 4-5 day split superset workout?

That would be great!

Instead of changing the whole routine to a “super set routine,” why dont you simply address the rotator cuff issues directly? What causes your rotator cuff to hurt? What resolves this pain? Figure out the answer to those two questions, avoid the first one and integrate the second one.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Instead of changing the whole routine to a “super set routine,” why dont you simply address the rotator cuff issues directly? What causes your rotator cuff to hurt? What resolves this pain? Figure out the answer to those two questions, avoid the first one and integrate the second one.[/quote]

I do those. My rotator cuff is fine right now, after 1.5 years of pain, because I do lots of stretches before workouts as well as don’t increase the weights drastically.

Anyway, I’m doing KB 5 day split, i love it. But need to adjust a few things. My trainer mentioned these things today:

Upper chest is lagging (All incline presses?)
Front delts too big, need to increase side delts. (More side and back delt work…)
Upper back is lagging. (Horizontal pulls: bb, db, pull bar to chest…?)
Traps are too much trained (Skip it. Trainer says, that my traps make my shoulders look small…)

From what I’m doing know, I guess I need almost stick to the workout plan, just do more incline presses instead of flat ones.
Maybe include weak point excerises on other days, when I don’t do that muscle, or it will be too much?

If you have a trainer you need to be asking them, and ONLY them, about how to modify your routine.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
If you have a trainer you need to be asking them, and ONLY them, about how to modify your routine.[/quote]

This trainer is just a guy from the gym, who gave me his opinion on body look.
So, can you give me an advice, that would really help me.
I was thinking doing 6th day for the lagging parts with a 15rep range, 3-4sets, 2 exercises… What you think?