Do This Routine Instead of That Dumb One

So you don’t want to train your Arms, Hamstrings, Calves or Arse, and you’re quads only very slightly (i assume these are also already oversize)?

I can’t help you i’m afraid.

dont be like that comeon :slight_smile: as you can see the arms need no direct work and my calves and arse dont either. im not sure about my hamstring and quad work tell me what i need to add i just dont want to start off too intensely with like 20 sets of leg work as a person who has never trained teir legs before, you know what i mean? im open to your suggestions :slight_smile:

[quote]gregron wrote:
Post a picture of your physique showing your overpowering biceps.[/quote]
About two weeks ago, ChocoChips told me he currently looks “almost identical” to this pic ^ of one of the Hodge twins.

[quote]ChocolateChips wrote:
this is before any training and a bunch of health issues:

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2012/06/12/53009871/progresspic/10LYeVgajiAUATar4tf7Y4GC253ds70988.jpeg

• that was @ 15,154 pounds 5"9 no training[/quote]
    That’s really a picture of you, huh? From when you were 15. Really.

I sincerely regret all the time and energy I wasted giving you advice.

Congrats, troll. You played me for quite a while. Hope it was the highlight of your month.

^^hmmmmmm… that guy looks slightly blacker than chocolate chip does.

@ChocolateChips Stop littering this thread. It is hard enough to find what you’re looking for in here. Go make your own thread.

^^he already made like a hundred.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
About two weeks ago, ChocoChips told me he currently looks “almost identical” to this pic ^ of one of the Hodge twins.

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2012/06/12/53009871/progresspic/10LYeVgajiAUATar4tf7Y4GC253ds70988.jpeg

Congrats, troll. You played me for quite a while. Hope it was the highlight of your month.[/quote]

Hodge needs to work on those delts pronto.

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

Congrats, troll. You played me for quite a while. Hope it was the highlight of your month.[/quote]

Hodge needs to work on those delts pronto.[/quote]
Yes, his deltoids and lats needs some growth. The calves also seem off in a way I can’t describe…

What about :

Chest Tricep
Back Bicep
Shoulder Leg(Quad dominant day)
off
Chest Tricep
Back Bicep
Shoulder Leg(Glutes dominant day)
off

I’m happy I happened to see this thread, I was just gonna make a new one wondering why the heck everyone is getting so crazy about all these new age routines and cluster training, max blah blah blah, super neural teabagging, etc. Since when did performing an old school, basic, time tested, mother approved bodybuilding routine and eating the necessary amounts of nutrients stop working? Did I miss something in the last 4 or 5 years?

Hey KB, what page did you post your 3 day split routine where you hit each body part once a week?

[quote]kingbeef323 wrote:
This is a MAX-OT style routine (copied pasted from my thread), which is how I train now (actually doing this exact routine). Took a cue from Jeff Rodriguez and slightly broadened the rep range to 4-8 and progress seems a bit better. Personally, training like this I progress faster than training any other way that I’ve tried.

All sets layed out in this style of workout are to failure. People like to say “omg so many heavy sets to failure, that’s gonna cause burnout and overtraining!” Usually though, those people arent willing to eat 1.8-2g of protein per pound of bodyweight, which I think is pretty much a foolproof way to ensure gains if you’re training hard.

Another note is that once you warm up a muscle group and start your work set on your first exercise, you don’t ramp up again for your subsequent exercises. However, it’s a good idea to do what’s called an acclimation set sometimes before starting the next exercise for that muscle group if it’s an exercise where there’s a good amount of stabilization required and it’s a slightly different movement pattern than the first exercise. Acclimation sets, I believe, are 1-2 sets of 1-2 reps each to get used to the new movement pattern before starting your heavy sets. Don’t worry, I’ll tell you when to use these.

As far as progression. I’d say when you can get a set of an exercise for 7 or 8 reps, move up an increment in weight, then next workout you will start your first set with that new weight and when you can get that for 7 or 8 you’ll move up and so on. From my experience, when I/workout partners/clients are too aggressive with weight selection it tends to slow down progress.

On to the routine.

Monday - Chest/Tris

Incline dumbbell Press - 2x4-8
Flat Barbell Press - 2x4-8 (1xacc)
Dips - 2x4-8 (2xacc)
Pushdowns - 2x4-8
French Press - 2x4-8 (1 10 rep set just to make sure elbows are ready)

Tuesday - Back/Bis

Barbell Rows - 3x4-8
Neutral grip Pulldowns - 2x4-8
Medium Grip pulldowns - 1x4-8
Seated Rows - 2x4-8
Pinwheels - 2x4-8
Alternating Dumb curls - 2x4-8

Wednesday - Legs (slow negatives!)
Lying Leg Curls - 2x4-8
RDL’s - 2x4-8 (warmup again)
Cybex Leg Press - 2x4-8 (warmup)
Leg Press - 2x4-8 (1xacc)
Hack Squat - 2x4-8 (1xacc)

Thursday - Shoulders

Seated OH Barbell Press (ass slid forward so it’s more like a super high incline press) - 2x4-6
Seated Dumbbell Press - 2x4-8
Cable Laterals - 3x6-8
Dumbbell Laterals - 1x6-8
Rear Delt raises on inlcine bench - 3x12-15

Friday - Traps/Calves/Abs/Forearms

Shrugs - 3x4-8

Standing calf raises - 3x4-8
Seated calf raises - 3x4-8

Cable Crunches - 2x10-15
Weighted Leg Raises - 3x10-15

Reverse wrist curls - 2x8-10
Behind Back wrist curls - 2x8-10

Sample workout: Chest/tri’s

Inc Dumb- warmup(20x25’s x2, 10x40’s, 8x55’s, 6x70’s), acclimation(2x90’s), 7x110’s, 5x115’s
Flat Bar- 2x225, 8x245, 5x265
Dips- 2x45, 1x90, 8x110, 4x125
Pushdowns- 8x120, 6x130
French- 10x80, 8x100, 5x110[/quote]

hey king just wanted to know would you reccomend Max-OT training over a legs/push/pull/repeat type of split? i wanted to try your max-ot routine out and i just wanted to know do you reccomend a 4-6 rep range for max-ot or a 4-8 or should i just stick to 6 reps? thanks and appreciate all of the routines that you have made so far!

[quote]GTFOmyPowerRack wrote:
What about :

Chest Tricep
Back Bicep
off
Chest Tricep
Back Bicep
off
[/quote]

Shoulders and legs on the same day? No, thank you, lol.

[quote]Manslaughter wrote:
Hey KB, what page did you post your 3 day split routine where you hit each body part once a week?[/quote]

There’s no such routine in this thread.

[quote]koolsuppy wrote:

hey king just wanted to know would you reccomend Max-OT training over a legs/push/pull/repeat type of split? i wanted to try your max-ot routine out and i just wanted to know do you reccomend a 4-6 rep range for max-ot or a 4-8 or should i just stick to 6 reps? thanks and appreciate all of the routines that you have made so far!
[/quote]

I’d say give both a try for an extended period of time and see what works best for you. I will say, I noticed last year, that I do make good progress on higher frequency ppl type splits but I also stall and burn out pretty fast. Now I’m pretty much just sticking to bodypart once a week, where I also make good progress but don’t get burned out. I’ll post the 6 day routine I’m doing now when I get a chance.

I appreciate it dude

Hey Kingbeef323 Im curious to how you would set up the heavy/density-gironda style training routine you mentioned earlier in the thread hitting the muscle group 2x every 7-8 days? Thanks!

[quote]kingbeef323 wrote:

[quote]GTFOmyPowerRack wrote:
What about :

Chest Tricep
Back Bicep
off
Chest Tricep
Back Bicep
off
[/quote]

Shoulders and legs on the same day? No, thank you, lol.

[quote]Manslaughter wrote:
Hey KB, what page did you post your 3 day split routine where you hit each body part once a week?[/quote]

There’s no such routine in this thread.

[quote]koolsuppy wrote:

[/quote]

I’d say give both a try for an extended period of time and see what works best for you. I will say, I noticed last year, that I do make good progress on higher frequency ppl type splits but I also stall and burn out pretty fast. Now I’m pretty much just sticking to bodypart once a week, where I also make good progress but don’t get burned out. I’ll post the 6 day routine I’m doing now when I get a chance. [/quote]

I would like to see your new 6 day routine, i have always been on routines with high frequency and feel that my cns gets burnt out fairly quickly. Because of this my strength for the main lifts have been suffering a bit.

Here’s the 6 day routine that I’m doing right now. I ramp up in small increments until I can’t hit my rep target. For the most part I’ve been resting 2 mins between compounds and 1 min between isolations/abs, with only the last set of an exercise taken to positive failure. For arms I superset bis/tris with the only rest being the time it takes for me to walk back and forth between exercises, so basically as little as possible.

Sunday - Off

Monday - Chest/Abs

Incline dumbbell - 4x8
Flat Dumbbell - 4x8
Incline Barbell - 4x8
Flat Barbell - 4x8

Rope Crunches - 4x15
Decline Weighted Sit ups - 4x15
Hanging leg raises - 4xAMRAP

Tuesday - Calves/Hamstrings

Standing calf - 4x10
Slanted Calf - 4x12
Steated Calf - 4x15

Lying Leg Curls - 4x8
Seated leg curls - 4x8
SLDL’s - 4x8

Wednesday - Arms

Hammer curls (both arms together) - 4x8
Ez bar Spider curls - 4x8
Incline curls (both arms together) - 4x8
Ez bar Reverse curls - 4x10

Decline elbows flared CGBP - 4x8
Pushdowns - 4x10
Cable rope OH extensions - 4x10
Decline dumbbell extensions - 4x10

Dumbbell wrist curls - 4x15 (Want to give these an honest good try for an extended period of
Ez bar reverse wrist curls - 4x15 time to see if I notice any difference)

Thursday - Quads

Single leg extensions - 4x20
Bulgarian Squats - 4x8 (I like to rest 1 min between each leg because I’m a pansy)
Front Squats - 4x10
Hack Squats - 4x12
Leg Press - 4x15

Friday - Shoulders/Calves

Machine lateral raises - 4x12
Seated Mil press (ass slid forward so it’s more of a very high incline) - 4x10
Meadows Partial lateral raises - 4x25
Incline bench rear delt raises - 4x30
Dumbbell external rotations - 4x15
Shrugs - 4x10

Smith machine calf - 4x15
Donkey Calf - 4x20
Vertical leg press calf - 4x20

Saturday - Back

NG Pull ups - 50
CNG Pulldowns - 4x8
CNG rows - 4x8
Stretchers - 4x10
HS Row - 4x10
WNG High cable rows - 4x10 (could do deadlifts here if you want. I personally don’t because I go very heavy on SLDL’s on ham day, which thrashes my back the same way (probably even better than) conventional deads do.)

Did Beef ever post a 4 day split, bp 2x/week frequency routine?

[quote]giograves wrote:
Did Beef ever post a 4 day split, bp 2x/week frequency routine?[/quote]

No, sir. I only post stuff I’ve used successfully, myself. I could post one layed out the way I’d do it if I had to, but I’m not a big fan of that split, personally. Whole upper body on one day when you’re strong = no thanks.

Hey beefking. You ever thought of doing a show? Your fucking swole lol

Thanks very much king, ill give this a try!