48" chest
38" waist (not sucking in, but flexed)
17" arms
17" neck
27" thigh

all are no pump measurements.

228-230lbs
6’1"

i bulked for a while earlier this year and put on too much weight to fast , AKA fat. so i stopped got back down to about 219lbs or so and put some more back on slower.

i weigh 230lbs but my frame doesnt look filled out (or so i think) i think i’m gonna have to hit 250lbs before i even look remotely built.

my goal is to be able to wear a T-shirt and someone 20ft away be able to tell i lift heavy weight. i’m not concerned with abs or being 10% body fat. I like being strong and big (well i want to be big :slight_smile: ).

They look reasonable to me. Do you think a certain bodypart is unproportional or something?

Edit - the waist measurement may be a little big, but we would need to see pics to know if it was out of control.

Lol, you are where I was a couple months ago, but your legs are a touch ahead of mine.

If you are worried about anything, don’t be. You are doing fine (at least number wise).

From here on out, don’t buy suits as a whole. Get seperates. It is tough to get a 10" spread tailored correctly. My girl is good, but expansive as fuck.

But yeah, I am floating around 250 now. You are going to want 270, lol.

dont get me started on clothes… i cant find jeans that actually dont squish my ass and the waist not being too loose… and i hate wearing dress clothes… if the button up shirt actually fits my shoulders its wadded up around my waist and i look like a slob…

counting beans you have a pic of yourself at 250? just so i can see what that looks like?

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:
48" chest
17" arms
17" neck
27" thigh

228-230lbs
6’1"
[/quote]

For “normal” standards, you look fine, for “I look like I could crush you” standards, you need more of a differential between the chest and waist, as well as larger arms at your height.
For comparison… I’m only 5’8. My arms are 18" (17" in contest shape). I wear a 48 Jacket, but 32/33 Pants (see the HUGE drop off). I believe that NORMAL drop off for jacket to pants is 9", so a 48 jacket would be 39 pants for a “normal” (out of shape?!) person. Still, if you bring in your waist, and are genuinely lean, the arms probably aren’t horrible, but again, if you want people to be able to spot from a distance, you’d need at least another 2" on each gun.

S

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:

counting beans you have a pic of yourself at 250? just so i can see what that looks like?[/quote]

I’m at work, but I do have this.

I’m not lean by any stretch, but a 36-38 waist pant fits my waist. Not so much my ass, but waist yes.

(I am also well aware of how shit my arms are.)

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:
48" chest
17" arms
17" neck
27" thigh

228-230lbs
6’1"
[/quote]

For “normal” standards, you look fine, for “I look like I could crush you” standards, you need more of a differential between the chest and waist, as well as larger arms at your height.
For comparison… I’m only 5’8. My arms are 18" (17" in contest shape). I wear a 48 Jacket, but 32/33 Pants (see the HUGE drop off). I believe that NORMAL drop off for jacket to pants is 9", so a 48 jacket would be 39 pants for a “normal” (out of shape?!) person. Still, if you bring in your waist, and are genuinely lean, the arms probably aren’t horrible, but again, if you want people to be able to spot from a distance, you’d need at least another 2" on each gun.

S[/quote]

i agree totally on the arms needing much more size. but overall i know i need much more size for the 19" arms to fit. i’m hoping another 15lbs overal body weight will bring some beloved 18" arms.

oops, meant to post the one that isn’t zoomed in, lol.

And Stu, does that jacket scrape the ground when you walk, lol?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:

counting beans you have a pic of yourself at 250? just so i can see what that looks like?[/quote]

I’m at work, but I do have this.

I’m not lean by any stretch, but a 36-38 waist pant fits my waist. Not so much my ass, but waist yes.

(I am also well aware of how shit my arms are.)[/quote]

i’m a little more lean than you by looking at shoulder and arm seperation… and come to think of it i might have just ate supper after getting my measurements… that might have played with my waistline a little… 38 pants fit with belt and is quite loose (but i like them with lots of room) and 36 fits loose too just not loose enough for my standards… i hate feeling like my clothes or restricting movement… kinda like being claustrophobic

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:

i’m a little more lean than you by looking at shoulder and arm seperation… [/quote]

I would hope so, lol. I’m fat and barely look like I’m into general fitness. :wink:

But, big picture, you are doing fine. Good work so far.

oops, meant to post the one that isn’t zoomed in, lol.

And Stu, does that jacket scrape the ground when you walk, lol? [/quote]

Lol, yeah, I try to buy less expensive jackets simply because I’ll spend at least as much as the jacket costs in alteration fees. My Mother always says that “You did this to yourself so don’t complain”.

And TY,… I think the approximation figure is somewhere around 15-20 lbs for an inch gain on your arms. I understand the basis for such a statement, but while I won’t try to guess if it’s accurate, I will agree that if You keep gaining everywhere, I’m sure your arms will continue to grow. My bro is 6’something, and even though up close, lean 17" arms look great, once you step back, he just looks lanky (and he’s honestly a pretty big dude).

S

so for a 6’1" guy to look “big” in a T-shit what weight am i looking at 270?.. fuck…

Well, my brother looked pretty ‘big’ around 225-230, but he also has an insane natural taper. His shoulder were wide as hell before he started lifting, and he’s got MAYBE a 31" waist so it adds to the illusion (his legs are also on the weaker side, so his torso is the majority of his weight). Of course “big” is a lot different than people actually thinking you’re a bodybuilder.

Sadly anything under 240 would be viewed as “athletic” by most gym rats (normal folks have a different viewpoint though,… depends on what crowd you ask).

S

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:
so for a 6’1" guy to look “big” in a T-shit what weight am i looking at 270?.. fuck…[/quote]

To “us”, yeah.

To normal people, you have already been on gear for about 20-25lbs.

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:
so for a 6’1" guy to look “big” in a T-shit what weight am i looking at 270?.. fuck…[/quote]

To “us”, yeah.

To normal people, you have already been on gear for about 20-25lbs. [/quote]

lol You know how often i hear shit like that?

“So what are you on?”

*slap

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:

I don’t want to hear any complaints from the 6’1" crowd!

:wink:

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:

Look at the bright side… At 6’1 and already weighing what you do, getting to a non-fat 270 is likely well within your capabilities if you want to go there, food-wise and training weight -wise.

Also, the 15-20lbs = 1inch to arms rule works ok for people who just let their arms grow along with the rest, but you can increase your arm size at a faster speed relative to everything else as well… Just got to find out which of the many ways of doing that works for you.

without getting out of the 1:1 ratio of muscle to fat gain do most of you feel that 2 - 2.5 lbs per week is about as much as you can gain without assistance?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]ty_ty13 wrote:

I don’t want to hear any complaints from the 6’1" crowd!

;)[/quote]

6’5" 240… you can complain too… i’ll let you cry on my shoulder…
thats what i do when i look in the mirror and think about all the wasted years. if in HS i only knew to just fucking eat till i puked i would grow not by drinking some magical over priced shit