T Nation

Do T-Men Wear Ankle Socks?

Recently my GF bought me some ankle socks. I refused to wear them stating that I thought they looked a little gay (NTTIAWW That.)
Over the 4th I went with my future brother in law to see Indiana Jones… And he was wearing … Wait for it …
Yep, ankle socks.
Nope I didn’t open my big mouth but there was much discussion
in my house about how uncomfortable I felt during the movie and yeah I made sure there was an extra seat between us.
My GF says that because I am 57 I am a dinosaur and need to get with it in the year 2008 and get over being slightly homophobic.
So I lay it before you my T-Nation Brothers and Sisters and I will carefully consider your replies: Do Real T Men Wera Ankle Socks?

Regards,
B.B.

I do, cry-baby. It’s the summer, deal with it. Next you will think less of men for wearing their belts on their waists instead of the stomach like you and your fellow senior citizens have been doing.

Perfect response.

I’ve never ever associated ankle socks with being gay. Do you wear long socks with shorts? Sandals too?

I think we need to get away from worrying what other ‘T-Men’ are doing, and start defining the term to fit you.

In other words, do what works for you, and don’t give a shit about what other people think.

And since when do socks make the man?

I’ve gotta say, this is a ridiculous question. It presumes several ridiculous things.

1. That socks are indicative of sexual orientation.
  2. That gay people attack straight people, even their future brothers in law.
  3. That all “t-men” wear the same clothing.

get a life

yea i do. i don’t really see the problem.

What the fuck is wrong with ankle socks?

What is stupid are the people still wearing those long ass 1970’s knee socks while wearing shorts. Now THAT indicates a problem.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
What is stupid are the people still wearing those long ass 1970’s knee socks while wearing shorts. Now THAT indicates a problem.[/quote]

Oh wow. I still do that. The socks with the stripes across the top. I still think it looks cool with my chuck taylors on. The kids keep calling me “old school”.

I didn’t know I was so behind the times. Now I feel old. I’m going to go make a sandwich now. BYE!

[quote]Buddha Boy wrote:
Recently my GF bought me some ankle socks. I refused to wear them stating that I thought they looked a little gay (NTTIAWW That.)
Over the 4th I went with my future brother in law to see Indiana Jones… And he was wearing … Wait for it …
Yep, ankle socks.
Nope I didn’t open my big mouth but there was much discussion
in my house about how uncomfortable I felt during the movie and yeah I made sure there was an extra seat between us.
My GF says that because I am 57 I am a dinosaur and need to get with it in the year 2008 and get over being slightly homophobic.
So I lay it before you my T Nation Brothers and Sisters and I will carefully consider your replies: Do Real T Men Wera Ankle Socks?

Regards,
B.B. [/quote]

Real men wear whatever the fuck they want. Stop being such a little bitch about it.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
What is stupid are the people still wearing those long ass 1970’s knee socks while wearing shorts. Now THAT indicates a problem.

Oh wow. I still do that. The socks with the stripes across the top. I still think it looks cool with my chuck taylors on. The kids keep calling me “old school”.

I didn’t know I was so behind the times. Now I feel old. I’m going to go make a sandwich now. BYE![/quote]

The only thing worse are the long ass BLACK socks while wearing shorts…especially when the person doing it has no business at all EVER showing off what their legs look like.

Some people should be ordered to cover up from head to toe…and wear masks.

I only rock them with my cut off jean shorts and teva sandles.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
I only rock them with my cut off jean shorts and teva sandles.[/quote]

I find Crocs to be a better complement to the jorts look.

You refused to sit next to your future brother-in-law during a movie because he was wearing something you thought looked a little gay?

Apparently, you DO find that there is something “wrong with that”, or else you wouldn’t have been an even bigger queen about the situation than your ankle-socked future BIL.

Way to come off like a 57-year old baby in front of your GF, by the way - nothing screams “husband material” like admitting to an irrational fear of being accosted by closet-homosexual in-laws during family time flicks (who ever knew sock choice was a fool-proof litmus test for sexuality???). Freud might have something to say about that, but, barring any unmentioned degree in psychology held by your GF, she probably just thinks you’re a little bitch.

You’re 57. Time to grow up, big guy.

Ankle socks are not gay.

Your needing a buffer seat at the movie because of ankle socks sounds kinda gay to me…

I also think a T-Man wears whatever he wants to wear. If you’ve ever seen Ronnie Coleman’s videos, you will know that he wears some stuff that some would find pretty questionable; but who is going to question him about his attire?

jpb

[quote]jpb wrote:
Your needing a buffer seat at the movie because of ankle socks sounds kinda gay to me…[/quote]

The only real need for a buffer seat is if the theater you go to only provides one armrest in between chairs, in which case it is understandable.

I think men in shorts with shoes and socks of any variety never looks great. Having given this a great deal of thought with respect to a boyfriend in the past, I cannot offer any alternative. Unless it’s just sandals with no socks but he thought that was gay. Just wear what you want and realise it won’t look good no matter what you do.

[quote]anonym wrote:
jpb wrote:
Your needing a buffer seat at the movie because of ankle socks sounds kinda gay to me…

The only real need for a buffer seat is if the theater you go to only provides one armrest in between chairs, in which case it is understandable.[/quote]

Woah wait, there are theaters that have more than one armrest between seats? I don’t think I’ve ever sat in a movie theater where you weren’t sharing an armrest with the person next to you.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
I think men in shorts with shoes and socks of any variety never looks great. Having given this a great deal of thought with respect to a boyfriend in the past, I cannot offer any alternative. Unless it’s just sandals with no socks but he thought that was gay. Just wear what you want and realise it won’t look good no matter what you do.[/quote]

Nike Frees = no socks.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Some people should be ordered to cover up from head to toe…and wear masks.[/quote]

You listening to this Makavali?