Do Supplements Make a Difference?

There are tons of supplements out there and most are worthless. I don’t use supplements right now and I have good results. It seems like for all supplements in bodybuilding there are people approving and disaproving. Has anyone really USED a supplement and saw results with it. If I’m oing to buy any supplement it has to be good.

It seems like you’re thinking of supplements like alot of uninformed people do (no offense). Supplements are made to supplement your diet and daily nutrition. If your diet isn’t in line, a pill or some powder isn’t going to help you. Supplements aren’t drugs, that not magical. They’re certainly not quick fixes. The only supplements worth buying are usually ones from food products, like protein powders, creatine, fish oil, other amino’s. However, you can get these from proper eating. You wouldn’t need to have a protein shake if you ate enough protein throughout the day (exception here would be that shakes digest quicker, which is preferable in the PWO time period).

Also, it would be tough to eat enough fish through out the week to achieve the benefits you can get from simply supplementing Fish oil. So you see (after a long, drawn out response… sorry), supplements can help you reach your daily nutritional goals, whether thats high protein, omega-3’s w/e. Theres nothing amazing or even drastically noticable when supplementing. Anyone telling you otherwise, is brainwashed by media, or trying to brainwash you for whatever agenda. The best thing for the body for results is food paired with good training.

Depends what you want to achieve.

The main one (if you’re looking for gains in size/strength) would be creatine.

You may also want to look at Beta Alanine.

In any case, how you train and what you eat will be an influencing factor on your perception of the effects of most supplements.

Many people use sups and see results. Read the threads.

No, they actually don’t work. At all. Most of us just spend money on supplements because we have so much damned money we don’t know what to do with!

Maybe you should check this site out if you’re really asking this question:

Supplements are very necessary since its hard to get a lot of stuff from food alone. The basics would be, some weight gainer, creatine, and whey protein.

Most consider those as part of food since they can be meals with some milk ext. If you want to be little more fancy, throw in fish oil for joint health and some superfood for health reasons. Thats all you really need, combine that with eating every 3 hours and your golden.

You can build enormous amounts of muscle without supplements.

I havnt noticed any serious gains from it, and ive been taking whey for years. Ive taken creatine a couple of times too and its ok. The main thing is to have it post-workout to spike insulin and replentish glycogen and amino acids lost through exercise.

I am now drinking 1 gallon of milk a day and contemplating quitting suppliments all togather. Maybe ill just keep some ON 100% for the post-workout shake and finnish up the last bit of my wal-mart “super creatine formula” by bodyfortress…

Surge

made a huge difference for me in reducing muscle soreness and recovery time.

night and day!

In the end, you’ll just have to experiment with supplements yourself because nobody responds exactly the same to anything.

Since you haven’t used any supplements, you don’t know jack about what will work for you. All you can do is generalize from the experiences of others.

So buy some Surge and some creatine and some fish oils and some Spike and see for yourself.

for me the benefits of mega-dosing fish oil and PWO protein + carbs for recovery is like night and day

BCAAs on a caloric deficit have helped me gain muscle and strength while maintaining my weight. I’m gonna try thermogenics as well to get my weight down and compete in the lower weight classes (powerlifting).

Thanks for the answers, BCAAs are the only supplement that makes sense for me and seems to be safe (don’t want to take creatine). But I heard that mega-dosing them can be bad as there are other aminos that compete to go to the brain, causing a dopamine level decrease and a prolactin increase (True?).

Fish oil seems great also, even for health.

[quote] wrote:
[/quote]

Why would bcaa seem like the only thing that is “safe”? Protein powders and creatine would seem dangerous? Everytime you eat food, especially meat (poultry and beef) your ingesting protein, which is made up of amino acids. Having a high protein diet means you have a high amino acid diet. If this fucked up your brain, eating the amounts of chicken and beef that I do, I’d be in a coma. Your also ingesting creatine with beef, so why would supplementing it be unsafe? You seem like you have a lot to learn about supps and nutrition. Hang around here, read the articles, search some things, you’ll learn alot.

no I don’t have a lot to learn and I probably look better than you do. What I meant is that BCAAs are my favorite and they are safe, really you are playing the expert without being able to even understand what I am saying. BCAAs are amino that are metabolized directly in the muscle for repair, creatine helps in the production of ATP…

The point of this thread is to discuss the importance of supplements in a program and if they can really make a real difference, not for some “expert” ass to talk shit and say I know nothing. I ignored the first time but fuck, you are really anoying.
So people what are your replies for BCAA megadosing for muscle mass

I was trying to help. There are many articles here that can help you as well. Comments on how too many amino acids may compete for uptake to the brain, are baseless, unfounded, and make you seem uninformed. I guess good luck with your supplement journey and training.

It really depends on your goals. If your diet is solid and you’re training hard, you can get results with the basics like fish oil, a good whey/cassien blend and BCAA’s or Creatine. Creatine has been pretty extensively studied with no dangerous side effects. I haven’t seen much about BCAA’s being dangerous. No need to get really exotic with supps unless you need them for a specific goal.

What are your training goals Player?

[quote]Player wrote:
no I don’t have a lot to learn and I probably look better than you do. … [/quote]

That is the way to make friends.

[quote]Player wrote:
no I don’t have a lot to learn and I probably look better than you do. What I meant is that BCAAs are my favorite and they are safe, really you are playing the expert without being able to even understand what I am saying. BCAAs are amino that are metabolized directly in the muscle for repair, creatine helps in the production of ATP…

The point of this thread is to discuss the importance of supplements in a program and if they can really make a real difference, not for some “expert” ass to talk shit and say I know nothing. I ignored the first time but fuck, you are really anoying.
So people what are your replies for BCAA megadosing for muscle mass [/quote]

You really do have a lot to learn if you started a thread this vague, and turned on the first guy to give you descent advice.

no

I probably didn’t state my point here, I wanna hear about personal experiences with supplements and not criticism about whether I know or not about supplements. I know the theoretical stuff about suplements and their safet, I know they won’t make up for a diet. I don’t wanna hear somebody telling me I know nothing about bodybuilding. I wanna hear personal experiences.

My bad Elusive, you told I didn’t know a fuck about supplements twice and as I am somebody who surges a lot I got pissed off.

My diet is great, so is my training. Personal goal: hypertrophy