T Nation

Do Steroids Enhance Supplementation?

[quote]justsaynotoketo wrote:
I enjoy yogis post your thread is retarded. If protein synthesis is enhanced from steroids what the hell do you think the answer is?[/quote]

LOL. Exactly.

I almost responded with a “DUH” at first but I thought it would terribly upset him.

high 5s all round guys!

Except for you therajraj. No high five for you…

…actually that’s just cruel. You may have a little high 5 too.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Anyways - I’ll let you continue your comedy/troll act. Continue to show everyone here how hilarious you are. I bet you’re a real blast to be around.

[/quote]

oh I am! People tell me it all the time. They’re like “oh, look out for this guy, he is SUCH a character.”

You should hear me sing the lumberjack song![/quote]

I suggest the next thread we ruin, we should sing excerpts from Les Miserables. I get to be Javert!

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Anyways - I’ll let you continue your comedy/troll act. Continue to show everyone here how hilarious you are. I bet you’re a real blast to be around.

[/quote]

oh I am! People tell me it all the time. They’re like “oh, look out for this guy, he is SUCH a character.”

You should hear me sing the lumberjack song![/quote]

I suggest the next thread we ruin, we should sing excerpts from Les Miserables. I get to be Javert!
[/quote]

aw what? You ALWAYS get to be Javert…

ever write like a real long post and then just delete it because you cant be fucked with the follow up posts… i just did that before this one

Sup Raj.

Yes, absolutely.

AAS will increase the effectiveness of creatine (higher amount of IM ATP retention), BCAA’s (general elevated Amino synthesis will favour Leucine, Arginine and Glutamine retention), pre-WO’s (increased resting sugar levels, vasodilation through methods other than AR). When ‘on’ you will (should) probably alter your diet to low fat, meaning Fish oil / primrose oil is even more necessary for maintenence of healthy joints (synovial fluid retention elevated) and lower arterial inflammation (part of alot of OMG IM ON DBOL AND I CAN FEEL MAH HEARTBEATZ blood pressure problems). ZMA can help with both Trensomnia and night sweats.

That guy is an idiot, get on google scholar and do your own research. The massive amount of just general metabolic activity occuring in your muscles while ‘on’ is so much higher, anything that will affect you metabolically will be increased proportionally.

Take your supps when ‘on’, alot of guys take gear out of their supp budget, I think you should look at it as cumulative (or even exponential) rather than replacing one with the other for the length of your cycle.

-PTD

[quote]PAINTRAINDave wrote:
Sup Raj.

Yes, absolutely.

AAS will increase the effectiveness of creatine (higher amount of IM ATP retention), BCAA’s (general elevated Amino synthesis will favour Leucine, Arginine and Glutamine retention), pre-WO’s (increased resting sugar levels, vasodilation through methods other than AR). When ‘on’ you will (should) probably alter your diet to low fat, meaning Fish oil / primrose oil is even more necessary for maintenence of healthy joints (synovial fluid retention elevated) and lower arterial inflammation (part of alot of OMG IM ON DBOL AND I CAN FEEL MAH HEARTBEATZ blood pressure problems). ZMA can help with both Trensomnia and night sweats.

That guy is an idiot, get on google scholar and do your own research. The massive amount of just general metabolic activity occuring in your muscles while ‘on’ is so much higher, anything that will affect you metabolically will be increased proportionally.

Take your supps when ‘on’, alot of guys take gear out of their supp budget, I think you should look at it as cumulative (or even exponential) rather than replacing one with the other for the length of your cycle.

-PTD [/quote]

Appreciate your response.

lol, this thread again.

And I may be a lot of things, but there’s one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Look, the question was do you find supplements are more effective in general when on steroids. Obviously this is the case, but not in a way you’ll tangibly be able to experience.

Nobody ever said that supplements weren’t to be taken on cycle, so the advice to take your supps is pretty redundant.

I myself am currently using fish oil, ZMA, TUDCA, ALA, BCAAs, Glutamine and probably a couple of others I’ve forgotten about.

Are supplements a good idea on cycle? Yes, obviously. Will you notice they are more effective in general? Obviously not.

on somewhat of a side note, does anyone that takes zma find that it gives them fucked up number 2s if you know what i mean.

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
on somewhat of a side note, does anyone that takes zma find that it gives them fucked up number 2s if you know what i mean.[/quote]

magnesium is used as a laxative so it could very well do so, I’d imagine

that sucks cause i really like the stuff, maybe ill try a different brand

[quote]Yogi wrote:
lol, this thread again.

[/quote]

Valjean, at last,
We see each other plain
`M’sieur le Mayor,'
You’ll wear a different chain…

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
that sucks cause i really like the stuff, maybe ill try a different brand[/quote]

could try taking a half dose maybe?

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
lol, this thread again.

[/quote]

Valjean, at last,
We see each other plain
`M’sieur le Mayor,'
You’ll wear a different chain…[/quote]

haha!

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
that sucks cause i really like the stuff, maybe ill try a different brand[/quote]

Have you tried Z-12? It has magnesium too but worth a shot.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
that sucks cause i really like the stuff, maybe ill try a different brand[/quote]

Have you tried Z-12? It has magnesium too but worth a shot.[/quote]

that’s a good shout

If it’s just sleep quality you’re after, what about GABA?

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
that sucks cause i really like the stuff, maybe ill try a different brand[/quote]

Have you tried Z-12? It has magnesium too but worth a shot.[/quote]

that’s a good shout

If it’s just sleep quality you’re after, what about GABA?[/quote]

GABA’s decent, IMO.

i think the most consistent sleep aids i’ve used are melatonin and ZMA.

however, l-theanine actually keeps me up… it increases dopamine, and i have ADHD, so i suspect that’s part of the reason there.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Do you guys find that supplements are more effective when using gear or drugs in general?

I know steroids improve nutrient partitioning as well as nutrient absorption so in theory you should get more out of intra-workout products no?

What is your personal experience? [/quote]

well, i don’t feel the need to use many OTC supps with gear, other than general health stuff i take year-round.

most of the supplement market is either over-hyped and overpriced, or flat-out ineffective. i save the supplements that work for times when i need them, i guess…

personally, i find the whole “intra-workout” concept pointless for me, as i get stomach upset, etc.